Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So now that I've near finished Act 4 Inferno (stuck on Diablo even though I've only tried him three times), what is the de facto wizard spec? I am still rocking the blizzard/venom hydra run around like a mad man strat from 9 months ago.

I'm interested in knowing before I go and spend a shit ton of gold on the AH to gear myself out for farming...

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So now that I've near finished Act 4 Inferno (stuck on Diablo even though I've only tried him three times), what is the de facto wizard spec? I am still rocking the blizzard/venom hydra run around like a mad man strat from 9 months ago.

I'm interested in knowing before I go and spend a shit ton of gold on the AH to gear myself out for farming...
Archon for xp/farming, CM/WW for harder MP levels or grouping. There are quite a few guides on CM/WW on the official wizard forums. Getting the gear to farm with Archon on MP0 is easy, CM/WW gearing is pretty spendy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Archon for xp/farming, CM/WW for harder MP levels or grouping. There are quite a few guides on CM/WW on the official wizard forums. Getting the gear to farm with Archon on MP0 is easy, CM/WW gearing is pretty spendy.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Here is a link to my profile if anyone wants to give me tips for what I should start upgrading... keep in mind that I haven't bought or changed anything since basically July of last year.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F...5/hero/3558850

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I found 5 legendaries in two runs last night and all of them got turned into brimstones. Not cool Diablo. Not cool.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I found 5 legendaries in two runs last night and all of them got turned into brimstones. Not cool Diablo. Not cool.
5 more chances to roll a best in slot neck come 1.07, so it is less depressing. In other news high end item duping is back hopefully the gem market gets flooded again.

Tenks

Have they really confirmed it? I saw those Mempos on reddit but no one really seemed that alarmed.

Mahes

I think I found a pretty good amulet.

+129 Str, + 104 Vita, + 134 LoH, + 56% Crit damage, + 9.5 to crit chance and the weak stat of 1300 damage shield.

What should that go for on the AH about? closest thing I found said 190 Mil but the stats on that were much better.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider

+129 Str, + 104 Vita, + 134 LoH, + 56% Crit damage, + 9.5 to crit chance and the weak stat of 1300 damage shield.

What should that go for on the AH about? closest thing I found said 190 Mil but the stats on that were much better.
There are many AH strategies, choose the one you are most comfortable with.

1) List high with buyout matching min bid. Steadily reduce price until it sells.
2) List with a buyout at the upper end of your guess at value, with a min bid below what you think it is worth (but in the ballpark).
3) List if for a minimal starting bid and see where the market takes it.

I typically use method 1. Method 3 gets a lot of eyes on the item and guarantees you will move it, but opens up to possibility of an under value sale ESPECIALLY if it happens to expire during downtime/maintenance. If you use method 3, list the item in the morning so it ends during prime evening time. MAKE SURE you don't list it such that it ends during scheduled down time (e.g. Tuesday morning). Unless you enjoy lining someone's pockets.

I could write a lot more about the pros/cons, but that should get you started. If you use method 1, start it at 150mil and reduce it until you find a buyer. My guess is the realistic value is in the tens of millions, but it's hard to be sure. I'm not sitting in front of the AH right now.

Tenks

I'd imagine 100M would be a safe bet. Perhaps more around the 150M range. Follow the ideas above because that is a very nice find. The LOH and spike damage sucks but that is an outstanding CC roll and a decent CD roll along with decent mainstat and vit.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
after getting bored of running Act 3 over and over again, I decided to try Act 1 @ MP2 and got two (albeit minor) upgrades in the first area. I'm sure it was a coincidence but still a nice surprise.

Tenks

So blizzard said MinMax weapons won't be nerfed next patch. Good thing since I dropped 100M on a Skorn -_-

Also I read a good explanation of what is going on with the bug. Basically if you get a weapon that has a base damage of 50 and max of 100 and it gets the property +75 Min damage it now does 125-100 damage. So to compensate internally it sets this weapon's max damage to min+1. So it will do 125-126. However +max is calculated on this normalized value. So if it also has +75 max it now does 125-201. So pretty much the max damage value double dips and gets this overflow value as well.

Mahes

Good to hear on the non-nerf. I wonder if they are just going to leave it alone at this point given the huge PR issue associated with the great IAS nerf. You must be getting some damn good drops to be hitting the 100 mil weapon level already...lol

Tenks

The CM basically said this is a known bug but they have tons of known bugs. If they were ever going to fix it they'd let the community know well ahead of time not just junk their items with a small blurb in patch notes.

And yeah I got a few good drops. That EF sold for 90M. I got another EF that sold for 40M. I got an Inna's belt that sold for 10M and a few other things that sold for 1-3M here and there.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And yeah I got a few good drops. That EF sold for 90M. I got another EF that sold for 40M. I got an Inna's belt that sold for 10M and a few other things that sold for 1-3M here and there.
I'm jelly. Still have yet so sell an item for more than 40m. At least I've been lucky enough to sell find 4 pieces of my current gear.

Ptr updated today, all bug fixes and no balance changes so hopefully it will get pushed to live in a week or two.

Loyang_sl

shitlord
I hate you tenks,

I have close to 800 hours played and i've never found anything that sold for more than 20m.
I've actually found only 1 item that sold for 20m.