Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I'm only attached to 2-Handers for the purposes of a TR build and Guardian's Path. Since I can't really pull off a TR build yet, I'm not attached to the Skorn at all.
I haven't played this in months. What is a TR build? People use tempest rush now?

Lenwen

Silver Squire
I haven't played this in months. What is a TR build? People use tempest rush now?
Once you reach a certain dps and spirit regen, you can rip through mobs on monster level 0 or 1 with tempest rush and sweeping wind, along with the cyclones that it will spawn. It's a very effecient, but boring way to grind paragon levels.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tenks, Ishad; The information shared has been pretty darn useful, but I think the scale might be off. When you guys mention that "Oh, you can get this stuff easy, just 50 million...." uh, that's it? joy of joys, lol.

This is what I've gotten in the last 2 weeks, on a budget of TWO million:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...3/hero/2982641and I've made it through act 4 on MP2. There is no way in hell I'll be able to afford the wicked good items, but a player can definitely have a good shot on a tight budget.

However, the flip that is: do you guys see a "best bang for the buck" in terms of upgrades, a slot at a time? The chest and legs are very out of date, but EVERYTHING is tens of millions, just to bid, which I simply don't have.
So I said I'd get back with a more detailed response. First I highly recommend reading the following two threads for gearing ww barbs:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639226

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248

These will give you a lot information on how to gear effectively. Right now you have 0 movement speed (you can pick up 12% with a cheap tyreals might or you add me in game and I can give you my old one) and you are over-valuing resist all at the expense of much cheaper vitality. If things are coming up in the tens of millions you aren't shopping effectively. As you add modifiers the price of items will skyrocket, I try and find items that are heavy in a particular stat and balance them out with another slot. I purchased new bracers, chest and amulet this week for under 4 million total, so there are tons of good deals out there.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Tenks, Ishad; The information shared has been pretty darn useful, but I think the scale might be off. When you guys mention that "Oh, you can get this stuff easy, just 50 million...." uh, that's it? joy of joys, lol.

This is what I've gotten in the last 2 weeks, on a budget of TWO million:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/B...3/hero/2982641and I've made it through act 4 on MP2. There is no way in hell I'll be able to afford the wicked good items, but a player can definitely have a good shot on a tight budget.

However, the flip that is: do you guys see a "best bang for the buck" in terms of upgrades, a slot at a time? The chest and legs are very out of date, but EVERYTHING is tens of millions, just to bid, which I simply don't have.
Wow I feel bad, salvaged those two set swords with 1050 dps each lol, couldnt move them w/o crit dmg and socket. Thats pretty good set up with 2 mil, I've wondered what most people do for the best items. I've spent some moeny here and there to get up to 200k on my monk. 1.07 will be nice to check out though.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
]If things are coming up in the tens of millions you aren't shopping effectively. As you add modifiers the price of items will skyrocket, I try and find items that are heavy in a particular stat and balance them out with another slot. I purchased new bracers, chest and amulet this week for under 4 million total, so there are tons of good deals out there.
This. If you are on a budget and looking for and buying items with Vitality and all resists you most likely aren't maximizing your overall gear at all unless you snipe something way underpriced. You are better off with high Str/Vit/something else in one slot and high Str/Allres/something else in another than getting two mediocre pieces with both vitality and allres you payed way more for. For most farming builds at lower MP levels dps > survivability stats. Get the dps first and as you get the cash add the survivability to move to higher mp levels.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally, my first set item... haven't logged out to check the AH but is this any good?

Vw4nwGX.jpg

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I said I'd get back with a more detailed response. First I highly recommend reading the following two threads for gearing ww barbs:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592639226

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593621248

These will give you a lot information on how to gear effectively. Right now you have 0 movement speed (you can pick up 12% with a cheap tyreals might or you add me in game and I can give you my old one) and you are over-valuing resist all at the expense of much cheaper vitality. If things are coming up in the tens of millions you aren't shopping effectively. As you add modifiers the price of items will skyrocket, I try and find items that are heavy in a particular stat and balance them out with another slot. I purchased new bracers, chest and amulet this week for under 4 million total, so there are tons of good deals out there.
Thanks, I'll check out those links later tonight.

I do realize I have zero move speed enhancement, so that's pretty high on the list of things to get. But, I'm pretty sure I am shopping properly. I don't click 5 stats in the search engine and get frustrated with the prices. I pick 2 usually and go from there, sorting by time left on bidding, so catch low price items about to expire (buyouts are usually just too high). In fact, a lot of the items I search for don't even have All Resist and I know I won't be getting it. At this point, I need more MoveSpeed, Crit DMG, VIT (and when budget allows, maces/axes of higher quality).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does anyone know how the Grim Harvest rune works on Threatening Shout? Does it basically mean after a mobile dies it has another check and a 15% chance to drop loot? I think combined with 300% MF this sounds almost too good to be true for farming.

-edit-

It seems like when you cast it the mobs can drop either globes or gold. I haven't seen any items yet.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks, I'll check out those links later tonight.

I do realize I have zero move speed enhancement, so that's pretty high on the list of things to get. But, I'm pretty sure I am shopping properly. I don't click 5 stats in the search engine and get frustrated with the prices. I pick 2 usually and go from there, sorting by time left on bidding, so catch low price items about to expire (buyouts are usually just too high). In fact, a lot of the items I search for don't even have All Resist and I know I won't be getting it. At this point, I need more MoveSpeed, Crit DMG, VIT (and when budget allows, maces/axes of higher quality).
Crit DMG isn't the stat you want to be focusing on, in fact it is the last stat. It's a great stat, but you'll get no bigger damage buff than being able to have wrath of the berserker up most of the time. You have waaaaaaay to much effective hp right now, you can trade 80 resist all for 80 vitality and essentially come out with the same ehp right now, for example if you bought pants with 0 resist all and 200 vitality you would gain ehp

You need to focus on getting to 24% movement speed and hitting the 2.23 aps barrier with wotb up. Also drop superstition for bloodthirst, you need to get rid of the bul-kathos wedding band as it really isn't doing anything for you.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Will that still be such a problem when Wizard may have other spec opportunities that aren't CM?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Crit DMG isn't the stat you want to be focusing on, in fact it is the last stat. It's a great stat, but you'll get no bigger damage buff than being able to have wrath of the berserker up most of the time. You have waaaaaaay to much effective hp right now, you can trade 80 resist all for 80 vitality and essentially come out with the same ehp right now, for example if you bought pants with 0 resist all and 200 vitality you would gain ehp

You need to focus on getting to 24% movement speed and hitting the 2.23 aps barrier with wotb up. Also drop superstition for bloodthirst, you need to get rid of the bul-kathos wedding band as it really isn't doing anything for you.
Definitely have a lot of AR (nothing below 830) harking back to the days when Inferno was rape-train and defense way key. I'll drop some down there and focus VIT, MS, and IAS. The ring though, man; only item I ever found myself last year worth using, lol. Sentimental.