Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So this is a thing apparently. Finally got my fucking 4-piece Tals

7LO25d4.png

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Reminds me, I got a bracer that spawns a unique monster whenever you activate a shrine (you have to do it, doesn't work if a friend does it). Pretty neat.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
After playing pretty well all evening and way up into the night, the game seems very well done. Boss fights are absolutely great. Probably the best i've experienced in the genre. Friends and I were having a great time with each of the encounters thus far.

I switched up my build quite a bit and went back to somewhat of my "Blizzard Wizard" build. Still tweaking but I went from mediocre to really useful in a group. I was using the Electro build many were using but this is me now...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...Xij!YcW!ZYZaYY

How's everyone liking Black Hole? Other wizard in my group was using it and it seemed redundant for both of us to use it as it was serving as CC. Looked really cool and fun.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
How's everyone liking Black Hole? Other wizard in my group was using it and it seemed redundant for both of us to use it as it was serving as CC. Looked really cool and fun.
I tried it some, and it is fun and neat, but I feel the cooldown is too long to be worth a slot. Wizard has three passive dps buffs that should be included in almost every build for maximum power (magic weapon, familiar, armor) which really limits how many active skills you can equip.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So testing shit around, I found out thorns actually scale? With 6k thorns paperdoll, I reflect 100k damage back per hit. Adding Iron Maiden for 6k more, I now reflect 200k dmg. It doesn't add up with str bonus though(5800% additional damage), it does scale off str(removing str reduces the damage reflected) but it's not a direct conversion. Makes the "reflects 1600" affix a lot more appealing when you find out it actually reflects 25k. It's not crazy numbers but since it's a secondary and can roll on basically everything but maybe weapon(not sure), that's quite a lot of thorns.

Oh and for crusaders, Law of Valor: Answered Prayer basically gives you permanent 3stacks nephalem if you use it on cooldown. It might drop every now and then depending on bad luck and your attack speed, using Arm of the Law guarantees it doesn't but not really worth it. That helps a lot with movespeed too since it's uncapped movespeed it gives.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, lets discuss the farming of death's breathe.

Do they drop at the same rate regardless of what setting of difficulty you play? I seem to find it very difficult to find them in any kind of reliable quantity.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I agree, while I hated having to play the "AH game" back in vanilla, I think they rubberbanded on this issue a bit too much. I'd like to at least be able to trade with my friends/clan, for example to help gear a new character or something.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Played my WD last night up to level 66 or something. Originally I was on Master but it was way too easy so switched it to T1. Heard a lot of complaints about people having to drop to Master at Urzael or the big mini-boss of act V, but I haven't had a single problem - is WD overpowered right now or are people just having trouble with the new type of mobs? Some background, I got to 60 about 2 days before ROS so I didn't gear up at all. Everything I'm finding is upgrades. I'm only at around 90k DPS with 150k health, not sure what my toughness is. I haven't even died in Act V yet, although I'm sure last boss will kill me on T1. The big mini-boss was a little tough only because they had a shitload of HP and the damage was a bit rough with all the "don't stand in the fire" stuff going on. Still one-shotted them.

Still on the fence about Piranhas, I'll have to definitely do some parse tests at 70. I never liked the zombie wall, so I was using the acid rain or whatever skill primarily with vampiric bats. Can't tell if Piranhas are a DPS boost or not. Definitely with Piranhado rune it is a bit of a CC, so we'll see how it plays out.

How are other WD's speccing?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
So, lets discuss the farming of death's breathe.

Do they drop at the same rate regardless of what setting of difficulty you play? I seem to find it very difficult to find them in any kind of reliable quantity.
Normal - 15%
Hard - 18%
Expert - 21%
Master - 25%
Torment 1 - 31%
Torment 2 - 37%
Torment 3 - 44%
Torment 4 - 53%
Torment 5 - 64%
Torment 6 - 77%

Death Breath - Forums - Diablo III

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm fucking rustled.

I'm a WD. I have found exactly jack shit for upgrades. Few sidegrades, but nothing major. I found TWELVE fucking 2 handed legendaries. What in the fuck.

Finally got some plans, hallowed defenders. Hurray there's a ceremonial knife you can craft. Oh wait what's this? You need a super rare legendary crafting item and a fucking WHITE ceremonial knife. All right, time to farm.

5 hours later, I have 1 of the legendary item needed, and after going through weapon racks after weapon racks, restarting countless games to get the very rare field of misery vendor, I have no fucking Tecpatl (shitty white item I've NEVER fucking seen) to do the combine. But on my way to do this shit I found 3 more legendary 2 handers.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
All I know is I changed the difficulty to Master and Urzael has killed me 5-6 times in a row. Either I keep missing a one-shot mechanic of his or my build/gear is not good enough for Master yet.
With about 1.4m toughness I was just able to take a canon shot from him and survive on t1, got hit by it twice and both times got the survived with less than 10% health ding. And this is on dh so a lot of that toughness is dodge, which of course does nothing to help mitigate damage. So you need ~1.2m toughness to not get one shot in t1. Once you see his pattern though he's extremely easy to kill without ever getting hit. Come to think of it, my fire resist is by far my highest resist so the 1.4m figure might be more accurate.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Malthael is pretty rough on Master, died like 5 times before I caved in and dropped it down to expert. The mists he drops are really annoying and the wing aoe he does bellow 50% was almost enough to oneshot me, but it's so hard to dodge. They should also zoom you out a bit more, because I can't see him when I stand at the top of the platform, so I can't make it rain meteors on his head.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
So testing shit around, I found out thorns actually scale? With 6k thorns paperdoll, I reflect 100k damage back per hit. Adding Iron Maiden for 6k more, I now reflect 200k dmg. It doesn't add up with str bonus though(5800% additional damage), it does scale off str(removing str reduces the damage reflected) but it's not a direct conversion. Makes the "reflects 1600" affix a lot more appealing when you find out it actually reflects 25k. It's not crazy numbers but since it's a secondary and can roll on basically everything but maybe weapon(not sure), that's quite a lot of thorns.

Oh and for crusaders, Law of Valor: Answered Prayer basically gives you permanent 3stacks nephalem if you use it on cooldown. It might drop every now and then depending on bad luck and your attack speed, using Arm of the Law guarantees it doesn't but not really worth it. That helps a lot with movespeed too since it's uncapped movespeed it gives.
What are you using as a build for your Crusader? I'm still playing around with stuff (only in my 30s though). Currently I'm using Slash+Crit Rune, Limitless Blessed Hammers then Bowman, AS Law, Blind+Charm, and Heaven's Fury.

Is perma 3stacks worth the passive slot?

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Played on and off for a few hours last night. With my internet on the fritz going down every 15-20 minutes, I was level 67 before I even finished the first quest (soooo many events in the first area over and over again = good exp). On some furnace event in the rat sewers I had to finally turn the difficulty down to Master because I was getting one shotted by the unique guy. Unfortunately Master is almost too easy while T1 is almost too hard, so not sure what I'll do.

I got a couple legendaries and a set ring... one was a legendary source which is more of a sidegrade because it lacks the lightning damage from my triumverate, and another was a yellow wand that on paper was like a 50% DPS increase from my Thunderfury but no socket and I haven't messed around with testing it yet.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Starting to dislike the toughness stat. I think it's actually a disservice to players and misleading. I know it represents EHP, but by itself, that's kinda useless. As long as you can take 1-2 big hits, more HP(not EHP) is useless, especially if your healing stays the same. I think you should get vitality in ~4 slots(and not slots where you sacrifice an offensive stat to do it), and then get resist, armor, or healing instead. Even if it means a big red number on the item comparison.

Also, please remove single resist stats from the toughness calculations. How does that help anyone(besides maybe monks with OWE)?

Needless

Toe Sucker
CrusaderHad to step it down from T1 at 67, elite packs are just too brutal. Been an absolute blast though.
I really have no idea how you could solo T1 all the way to 67 on your crusader. Unless you hit 60 before you got to act 5 and lucky drops?
I can barely do expert on mine in A5 (everything prior was very easily done on master) usingBased - Community - Diablo IIIfor gear.

A5 seems to have a threashhold where its scaled to be for level 60 mobs even on lower difficulties. Some of the common monsters on "Master" had anywhere from 150k (small monsters) to 500k+ (larger). Which is pretty insane for level 50 at the time. I put it down to normal or hard and just do all the sidequests i can find now in order to level.. which is kind of odd as it was pretty well streamlined up until act 5.

I think their exp nerf kind of fucked over new characters in this regard.. even with +33% exp in my helm and +35% from my ring.. i was only level 48 or so by the time i killed diablo.