Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

axeman_sl

shitlord
A "while" being anywhere from a week to [literally] forever, with it being vastly worse if you care about getting items from multiple non-crafted sets that combine in a perfect way with RoRG.

Looking at your gear, you have about the same gear level (in terms of difficulty to acquire) I had after the first week of RoS. Then I had a dry spell lasting 20 days before finally getting one of the items (~2740 dps Natalya's Xbow) I need to take it to the next level, except to use that item I also need 2-4 other items to free up slots and make it work.

Bottom line, there NEEDS to be a way to target the Torment-only sets specifically, otherwise it's entirely possible that you could play months or even years without ever getting what you want.

And since you mentioned amulets, they are much too rare. I've gotten close to 50 rings since RoS, and maybe 8 amulets. I see the same trend in clan chat and with the people I group with.
There's always going to be the possibility of never finding an item. I think the bigger issue is that the pool of legendaries is diluted by so many garbage ones. I've found 3 pieces of IK and 4 pieces of Raekor (two chest armors) since RoS, as well as several pieces for other classes. With the RoRG allowing the use of most sets at only three pieces, I think it's reasonable enough. The real issue is frankly that 75% of the legendaries you find are garbage that nobody would ever use except as temporary filler. I think every legendary should have the potential to be the best one in at least one build, but that's obviously not the case. Still, when I look at people in the clan, those who have played steadily for a few weeks all have more or less all the necessary items, although there's always the risk of just having bad luck with a certain piece. That's a necessary evil in a game with random loot.

I haven't noticed amulets being too rare. I find plenty of legendary ones. They just have so many possible affixes that getting the right stats on a legendary amulet is so difficult, but then again I also find it retarded that there even are amulets that make you fucking immune to an entire source of damage. Talk about admitting they'll never try to make PvP meaningful. Fortunatly, no builds really require a specific legendary amulet that I know of, so it's not particularly important to get one.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
yeah legendary amulets are a fucking pain to roll, I can get an extra 10% or so damage if I can roll it right, but I spent almost 15 or so gems on trys and didn't even see the affix I actually wanted, that's why ive been trying to gamble a trifecta neck from kadala.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
yeah legendary amulets are a fucking pain to roll, I can get an extra 10% or so damage if I can roll it right, but I spent almost 15 or so gems on trys and didn't even see the affix I actually wanted, that's why ive been trying to gamble a trifecta neck from kadala.
I have a pretty solid Unity that would be damn awesome if I could roll crit on it. Unfortunately I've sacked 20 Flawless Imperial Topaz in it and have nothing to show for it. They really need to lower the gem rerolls on those slots to Imperial

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still, when I look at people in the clan, those who have played steadily for a few weeks all have more or less all the necessary items, although there's always the risk of just having bad luck with a certain piece. That's a necessary evil in a game with random loot.
I guess it depends on what you define as "necessary" items. I had what I consider the bare essentials (to solo T4-5 reasonably well) after a week, but what do you do at that point? You move on to another class, you shoot for the 'perfect' set for your current one, or you quit playing the game. I think all other classes are horrible to play after being spoiled by DH, so that's not an option for me. I went for the perfect set and failed miserably at it. Had I not finally gotten one of the pieces last night I was ready to give up. I can't say it brought my enthusiasm for the game back to where it was, but I'm still playing for now.

I just think there's has to be a better way to let people get set items without resorting to bringing back trading. Doing that while making Torment 2-6 not utterly worthless like it is now seems like a logical step to me.

Trollicious_sl

shitlord
Vorph. Why go through all these added steps and hassles, when you could just turn trading back on? You are designing solutions for problems that didn't exist. I just don't get it.

Vorph

Vorph. Why go through all these added steps and hassles, when you could just turn trading back on? You are designing solutions for problems that didn't exist. I just don't get it.
Because I don't want an item some random person found, I want the game to be designed so that I can find it myself. Everything being BoA is the best part of the expansion, they just haven't properly thought out how to make it viable in the long term.

Judge_Mental

Trakanon Raider
Blizz could put Set items on a different drop table and increase the chance sets drop as you go up in torment levels. Could also decrease legs as you go higher to balance it out. It might be the quickest fix and allow you to pick your poison. I know nothing about programming so this could be an utter nightmare to implement.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm back in the clan.. try to control yourselves from kicking me again! Gonna hit 70 tonight on my Wizard which is 4/6 classes at 70 - so far enjoying Wizard the most. Still need to level Crusader (44) and Monk (20).

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They need to do loot bias ala Median XL, certain maps were dropping more sets, other uniques and so on. I imagine most of these complains will be addressed in 2.1

Leon

<Silver Donator>
It's not too late tbh, but the legendary pools are so diluted I don't know how they can do it. Allow us to farm for specific items? Super crafting recipes for sets that cost materials out the ass? Increasing the drop rates does very little at this point. Increasing the chance for sets would be a step in the right direction IMO, I still have only 2 pieces of 1 set I don't care for, and I'm now paragon 345, I was 110 when ROS hit. RNG hates me. They could also rework the shitty legendaries to be more attractive, but they already mentions shitty legs served a purpose and were there for a reason (lol?)

I'd really like them to:
-Remove sockets on weapons totally, and rework 2 hander so they roll higher than 1 hander to begin with. No socket means more options to re-roll on weapons and more viable fun weapons/toys to use.
-Make Torment worth it. Torment only legs that are significantly better, could tier it by torment difficulty even. For fuck sake more blood shards as you go up in difficulty, it's not that fucking hard to understand.
-Re work crafting period, shit is dumb.
-Make it possible to gamble sets? may be just the old sets that are also 70? Seems fucking dumb not to be able to
-Re work the loot so every fucking green item isn't a fucking blackthorne. I understand some shit has to be more common than others, but the fucking pendulum swung waaaaaaaayyy too far.

Vorph

Finally get a Calamity and the thing rolls 2300 dps without a socket (which leaves it 200 dps short of being usable). I think the game is just fucking with me at this point.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's not too late tbh, but the legendary pools are so diluted I don't know how they can do it. Allow us to farm for specific items? Super crafting recipes for sets that cost materials out the ass? Increasing the drop rates does very little at this point. Increasing the chance for sets would be a step in the right direction IMO, I still have only 2 pieces of 1 set I don't care for, and I'm now paragon 345, I was 110 when ROS hit. RNG hates me. They could also rework the shitty legendaries to be more attractive, but they already mentions shitty legs served a purpose and were there for a reason (lol?)

I'd really like them to:
-Remove sockets on weapons totally, and rework 2 hander so they roll higher than 1 hander to begin with. No socket means more options to re-roll on weapons and more viable fun weapons/toys to use.
-Make Torment worth it. Torment only legs that are significantly better, could tier it by torment difficulty even. For fuck sake more blood shards as you go up in difficulty, it's not that fucking hard to understand.
-Re work crafting period, shit is dumb.
-Make it possible to gamble sets? may be just the old sets that are also 70? Seems fucking dumb not to be able to
-Re work the loot so every fucking green item isn't a fucking blackthorne. I understand some shit has to be more common than others, but the fucking pendulum swung waaaaaaaayyy too far.
What's wrong with crafting? Seems pretty good to me.