Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I'm guessing that this is how they 'solve' the arreat's wail->slaughter proc coefficient problem? Clunky doesn't even begin to describe that change. WTF?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Lot of games on my plate right now, but I'll probably get around to playing S3 at some point. I've been exclusively a wizard in every patch of D3, but I think it's time to try out a melee. Monk or barb most likely, not a fan of crusaders.

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
got a second ancient morticks bracer on the ps4 if anyone wants. psn Cyriclez. T6 rift in 2.5 mins

Needless

Toe Sucker
What did the bracer even do?

S3 is gonna be fun as fuck, S2 was a pretty big letdown with no real new items. I'm hype for this hnngghhh

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Essentially, instead of 50% more damage, slaughter, and 50% less damage taken, everyone will just have slaughter. Nuke on activation was useless outside of cheesing slaughter's proc coefficient(or going fire if you really wanted to) and the healing from the LpFS rune was nice, but LoH + Slaughter and/or Swords to Ploughshares do it better.

I kinda want it to do one random rune. 50% more damage is a big increase, but it's not a new mechanic or anything. 50% less damage taken was kinda vital for opening up some other playstyles.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know if the Firebird's change or some other Wiz tweaks affected this, but my cookie-cutter FB6 build went from mediocre at T3 to completely bulldozing T4 post patch. None of my gear or skills changed. My wizard also seems a lot hardier. Weird.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Never played barb before so it is either barb or wizard this time around, which is going to be better in s3?

Tenks

What time does the season start tomorrow? Last time I worked from home and didn't realize it didn't start until the evening EST
frown.png

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm thinking Monk this season.

Can't tell if Barb or Wiz is going to be better. I've had terrible luck with Barb items, so I've never played it endgame. Both FB and Tal Rasha got attention and my Wiz is seemingly stronger post patch with no adjustments. That's encouraging.

Maybe Tenks can comment on Barb, he's good at them.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Wizards balancing on PTR was all over the place. Basically it's all based on meteor. They were doing 31 billion crits fairly regularly with the right build and decent gear rolls. Last I checked they were still doing several billion with meteors and Tal's Set stacks with all sorts of crazy shit so it's really, really good. If you don't use F&R the Halo they get is a nice survivability tool.

Barbs can be tanky as hell and constant damage, much like monks are now, but probably more tank and less party beneficial. The new bracers make Monk's a LOT tougher now, though.

Monks are weirdly built around using Raiment's 2 piece, depth diggers, and Simplicity's strength to just roll with generators and a spender every once and a while for F&R buff. It's actually pretty awesome. I think Cold is going to be the element to aim for due to freezing.

Boloboy

Just did gr50 pretty easily with ik/bul kathos ww build on ps4. Need some tweaking but think I can go higher