Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

penalty_sl

shitlord
I'll still be rolling barb. Raekor is still fresh for me since I only played it for a few days on s2. Gonna go hard this season though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think anyone will disagree that it was imbalanced, partly due to the IK4 bonus. That they left it the whole PTR and removed as the patch went live is what irked most people.

I do think something needs to be done eventually. Either reintroduce it with a random rune or buff the IK set. IK6 had to have been nerfed to 100% with that bracer in mind.

The current bracer situation for barbs is kinda odd. Raekors can use APD or Strongarms, but for other builds, nothing really goes. Shoulders is not much better unless you mix in the wastes set.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like all the poopsockers are saying nothing is really going to change unfortunately.

4mans still DH DH WD Cru

Solo Barb/DH

Wiz and WD probably still on the bottomish where Cru/Monk situational.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Found some useful links to help with leveling from Reddit etc

10 Fast Leveling Tips for Patch 2.1 Seasons in Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls - YouTube

Here's some different, in-depth advice for speed leveling in Season 3 that isn't often explained : Diablo

Link to spreadsheet from above youtube vid with detailed skill and gear advice 1-70 for Wiz :Wizard Season 3 path

Same spreadsheet for Monk :Monk Season 3 path

Alternate advice from replies to above thread :

I was going to keep this a secret, but, as I've sold my PC and quit gaming all together I will share with you guys the way that my group and I used to get level 70 first in Season 2. It's not even an exploit or anything. People just don't do it for whatever reason. It should work slightly better this season with the removal of boss kills from bounties and the guaranteed Leoric's Crown from your first SK kill.

Obviously this works best in a 4 player group on hard difficulty.

Create game in adventure mode.

Grab weapons off follower to increase damage.

Do all act 1 bounties, 3 times. Start with "Clear all enemies in level X" bounty, as there is always a resplendent chest with a few yellows. This can be a huge boost in damage if you get a weapon. Doing all act 1 bounties should grant about 15-16 rift shards.

After 3 full clears you may be level 18, kill the Skeleton King for a guaranteed Leoric's crown. Don't replace this until max level.

Full clear rifts. Really. That's all. Rifts grant massive experience increase over bounties and with the legendary drop chance you'll always have a few legendaries at all times.
You'll encounter all types of goblins. Blood thief are the important ones here. Spend all your blood shards on rings to try and receive a Leoric's Ring. Goblin packs are also massive experience and will generally level you 1-2 times on their own.

Don't bother crafting gear. It takes too long to pick up everything and you'll spend too much time in town. It's much faster to just grind it out continually with no downtime. Never have any downtime! If the obelisk is ready, get going.

Might go WD here, so thanks for that link Skrigg.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Looks like all the poopsockers are saying nothing is really going to change unfortunately.

4mans still DH DH WD Cru

Solo Barb/DH

Wiz and WD probably still on the bottomish where Cru/Monk situational.
Top two groups are DH Wiz WD Cru, so maybe there's hope for a bit of change.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll be getting online at 4pm est today to start my new S3 Barb, if anyone wants to level/group. I'm McFly#1102

xzi

Mouthbreather
Why the hell are they waiting so long to start season 3?
meh

I think for the first time ever I might make a character that isn't a monk. Considering Crusader this time, I have no idea what I'm going to be doing lmao, but, fun!

penalty_sl

shitlord
I wish they would start it earlier in the day but they just wanna give all the west coast people a fair shake after they get off work

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why the hell are they waiting so long to start season 3?
meh

I think for the first time ever I might make a character that isn't a monk. Considering Crusader this time, I have no idea what I'm going to be doing lmao, but, fun!
zdps, shield bash, condemn, ponies. Shield bash is the only new thing this patch. Don't bother with sweep attack, still sucks.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
tldr; PoE new expansion, complete rebuilding of netcode. Promise to absolutely remove desync by moving to a deterministic lockstep model along with many new gateways. Lofty claim, perhaps it'll work.

I'm sure I'll get my inevitable neg(s) for mentioning PoE in the D3 thread, but for those of you who tried PoE in the past and didn't like its clunky combat, they're launching a new expansion soon with a massive revamp of the netcode. Time will tell if it actually works but it looks like a strong step in the right direction (to achieving D3-level combat fluidity without fucking desync).

Check PoE thread for more info on expansion and my recent post linking to comments from the PoE lead programmer.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
My problem with PoE combat had nothing to do with netcode as far as I know - that always felt fine back when I played. The combat is just boring :p

Wish S3 started earlier. I'm gonna be busy tonight likely but not now!