Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They also reduced their hosting costs by making a game no one wants to play except for that 1 week every 4 months after they patch!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
New patch is up on the PTR. It looks pretty sparse, so I'm guessing late August, early September for S4.

Disappointing that they are enforcing cooldown initiation after animation for SSS and Falling Sword. Half-assed restrictions like that means there's bigger problems lurking.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Fixed an issue that prevented Wasp projectiles fired by Elite Sand Wasps from dealing more damage

^ Boooooooo

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Skipped S3, totally ready for S4 with those changes. Going to do a spin-to-win Barb, if it's as viable as I read it was in S3.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
So question for those of you that have had PTR experience with the actual cube crafting. The recipe that converts a yellow item into a legendary, is it based off the yellow item's type? IE if you have a tier 3 dagger/club/sword, will they specifically turn into a tier 3 dagger/club/sword legendary or will it just do random 1h weapon?

Would be nice if you knew you had a chance at making that specific leg vs just a random_slot_y one.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So question for those of you that have had PTR experience with the actual cube crafting. The recipe that converts a yellow item into a legendary, is it based off the yellow item's type? IE if you have a tier 3 dagger/club/sword, will they specifically turn into a tier 3 dagger/club/sword legendary or will it just do random 1h weapon?

Would be nice if you knew you had a chance at making that specific leg vs just a random_slot_y one.
yeah. That's exactly what it's for. I found myself saving yellow ceremonial daggers and wands when I was low on blood shards.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
And given that the reforge recipe currently takes 50 souls, it might actually be cheaper to make an ancient legendary from the rare -> legendary recipe.

Oh, also that the reforge recipe can make your ancient legendary non-ancient. Fun!

khorum

Murder Apologist
Yeah... I think that reforge recipe might be intended for the ultra rares that are build-defining tho. In two weeks of the 2000% leg buff and playing from para 670 to 702 on the PTR, I found just one furnace. I remember thinking how anticlimactic it would've felt if it had rolled that way in LIVE after farming without that 2000% buff. If you never had a furnace to extract on the cube you'd be inclined to just reroll the original and use some other extracted legendary.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I've got some podcasts to catch up on, and this is the best game I know to play mindlessly with the sound off. Anyone want to grind mats or whatever?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
They finally announced new season stuff, starts august 28th, S3 ends a week before that.
I've been getting the Diablo itch lately. I think I might finally dust this off again (my yearly stint of Diablo) for season 4. Are crusaders still shit tier, or did they finally improve them enough to be decent? I haven't played since RoS came out.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Last time I played during S2, they were still mostly shit tier and only used for high GR farming as tank/pull/support and shit but they were terrible to play, they had some new sets and shit but all of them were fairly weak cause they nerfed them during the PTR. They could like, kill a boss really fast, but couldn't clear trash for shit. They get some new sets for S4 so they might be good I don't really know as I haven't been following enough. With the cube changes and stuff though I think you'd be able to make most classes pretty fun to play by cubing the legendary effects that eliminate the weakness of your specific build better.

I'm not sure what I'll play, I think I don't want to play a DH this time around, maybe WD or Wizard. Or maybe Monk. We'll see when it gets closer, not sure I'll even play this, depends on what I'm doing when it starts. If it started NOW, since I'm not playing anything, it'd be a different story but 3weeks from now, who knows. Installing PoE atm, I'll probably play that for 2-3weeks then I'll see.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Late summer/early fall are typically barren as far as new releases go, so unless you're picking up something old again, I'm not sure what would keep you away.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Crusaders are in an ok place. Their typical group role of zDPS and gather/lockdown mobs is essentially dead next patch since the CC resistance cap is being raised to 95%.

Rolands is a decent set. I personally don't like the AE shape of the Shield Bash runes, and Sweep's only competitive build is being killed(see CC resistance). The build is squishy, depends a lot of rotating lots of low CD abilities to stay alive, but if played right, can be competitive.

The new blessed hammer set is fun if you like that stutter step and drag play style. It's competitive enough, but has a few flaws like chasing down goblins.