Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes. The yellow -> legendary recipe to can roll ancient too. I think the mat cost with that recipe more than balances out the chance to get an base item you don't want.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This might be old news. Actually really pumped to play this game again...

Diablo 3 Patch 2.3.0 coming end of August
Not sure what's up with the tweet, did they move the end of the season? The original announcement, which hasn't been changed, says august 23rd is the end of the season. I expect the 25th(tuesday) to be patch day, since that's the usual day. So next week. Then a few days later S4 starts.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
"@browens: We have not announced an official date for patch 2.3.0,. but it will be after Season 3 ends on Aug 25, and before Season 4 starts on Aug 28. Also, PTR progress will not be saved, or transferred to the live game."

I'm going to assume he got the season 3 end date wrong. Anyway, I'm also going to assume that the date for patch 2.3.0 has not been officially announced, as imo it is less likely that that would be in error.

Tuesday Aug 24 would not surprise me though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They sure like to drag shit out it seems.
Well they have a 2weeks delay when they announced the end for people to like, finish whatever they're doing or actually start playing to get the season rewards before it ends like I did last week. That part's alright. It's more like the 2months PTR shit that's annoying, cause you know the next patch is like way better than live, and you also know you can't play it for fucking months cause blizzard is slow as shit with their PTR. Also the PTR is laggy and full, so you can't even just play the PTR and ignore live or whatever, at least not for a while.

I think the main issue is the whole "we're not patching in the middle of a season", so you go a long time before seeing any fucking changes. PoE just patch shit out right in the middle of a league, because their competitive shit is races so it doesn't really matter when they patch, which lets you get a bunch of new content right in the middle of leagues. Like they're patching tomorrow with a bunch of bug fixes, balance changes and a bit of new content(new mobs, new bosses, new tempests for the tempest league). But since season is the competitive thing for Blizzard, they can't really patch in the middle of it, I guess. They should make their seasons 2months and do smaller patches I think, but eh.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It needed to be long, so that folks could grind up to 1800+ paragon on ladder and destroy the season rift leader boards on the 24th
smile.png

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Season 2 was much shorter. Season 3 was so long because of the size of the Season 4 patch I have to imagine. New zone, mobs, the cube, etc.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Seasons should be 2 months, that's plenty of time to dick around without losing any and all interest.. only the poopiest of poopsockers grind beyond 2-3 weeks anyways. Plus when you look at how much money ActivisionBliz bilk out of their customers and how much talent and staff they have at their fingertips and compare that to something like PoE where they constantly release multiple seasons, races, and events, altering monsters, items, and updating on a regular basis it makes the Dev's at Bliz look lazy and uninspired as fuck.

Then again I am just salty because I want to play D3 for some odd reason and selfishly want the new season to release while I feel the itch to play.