Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure the cube is really THAT exciting tbh. It is basically an admission by Blizzard that they have and will continue to have "mandatory" uniques. But now you can choose to socket those properties so you don't have to physically wear them. It'll just lead to needing to find those mandatory uniques and melt them down and also find the other uniques you are forced to wear for any given build.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Depends on the class and build, honestly. For WoTW, you can now do a ORoTZ build without sacrificing a ring slot. The other two cube slots are basically stat buffs.

However, for the same class, cubing enabled a hammer charge build by using 5 pieces of IK and 3 pieces of Raekors and cubing RoRG. Single target has alway's been Raekor's biggest weakness and now it's solved. Seems pretty exciting to me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well its as exciting as just lowering the requirements of the set by 1. Not exactly revolutionary design. I'm not saying the cube is a bad addition. It should in theory open up more gear options. But I think in practice it will just come down to "To be optimal melt this, this and this and wear these." But it will make your characters feel even more wildly OP which is what D3 is all about.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You can transmute low level stuff, right? Would make an affix legendary useful beyond leveling...
Yeah you can transmute lower level legendaries, though it's kinda annoying to farm mats while leveling but if you find a low level furnace for example, you're not unhappy anymore.

It doesn't make a huge difference really, it's nice because it's new and adds some more power and casual customization(not really many choices once you get to high end since it's clear some of the options are way way better than everything else), but it comes with like the usual class buffs and shit and new legendaries/sets. Other than the couple of days I played S3, I haven't played since S2 either, so it's a good time for me to play again.

khorum

Murder Apologist
You can transmute low level stuff, right? Would make an affix legendary useful beyond leveling...
The cube has a recipe for removing the level req on anything. It's pointless for poopsockers, but it could be amusing for someone who still needs to level chars.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am curious what kind of "fun" builds will be possible with the new cube. I feel like a lot of the fun builds before were hindered by not enough slots for stacking effects but now that may be improved. I also haven't played anything other than monk and WW barb since like season 1 so who knows what's out there anymore :p

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Fire wizard is kinda fun, you can melt Maximus and run Serpent's sparkler or vice versa, so you just park on top of a boss and watch it melt. Or you can get the meteor boots, molten impact, strongarms and blow up entire elite packs in 3 seconds on t7.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Awesome sauce day. Farmed the other 4 acts for bounty mats. Kadala finally gave up an SMK for my non-pvp toons. Juiced that and wormwood and rorg as my first go. Found out you only have to do once and it's available for all toons.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Use the set that gives you extra death breath when one drops, kill all named/elite packs while farming bounties. On T6 you're guaranteed at least one DB per pack kill. Regular rifts might be faster for killing that stuff if you don't need bounties though.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You're probably thinking of the other yellow mat.

DB's, idk, rare->legendary wasn't turning up ancient weapons as much as I wanted, so that seems like a waste.