Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Same. Ran an Act 1 to test the waters. WD still OP as fuck. t6 to be farmed until I have all the stuff I want and full ancients. Or until new season starts and I play that until I have 400 paragon points.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The change to jailer and reflect damage will hopefully make the higher end of the game tolerable again without the gimmicky one shot mechanics.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been that way for a while now. It takes some farming, but a good pet build is pretty much a walk in the park on any difficulty. Once I juice my wormwood into a weapon enchant I can probably start looking at t7 and higher with no problems. Lack of mana to add the +dmg debuff onto mobs has been my only limiting factor for a while. Passive locust on everything makes that a non issue. Jade harvester build was pretty pimp for a while too before S3. I imagine wormwood is probably bis enchant for that as well.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's not criteria I would use for "OP". Grift clear level or T10 rift chain clear speed is probably the only objective measures of OP that remain.

If "this is easy" is your only criteria, pretty much any class will meet that, even up to T10.

I guess you could use group play, but that's really hard to measure.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Go to communities, join a powerlevel community and wait for someone looking to PL. Doesn't matter what class.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Ugh I quit PTR just before the changes to darts... bad as it is, it actually opens up some interesting ideas with hybrid melee/darts builds.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What is good/bad this season? I probably won't play a ton, but I'll put some time into it. I'd like to play something fun/not terrible

I've always enjoyed like Monk/WD the most, but not really the support type (because that's boring as fuck).

khorum

Murder Apologist
Kanai's cube and melting legendaries for their special powers opens up a shit ton of builds. Bunch of new sets and they did a ton of QoL changes. Definitely worth checking out if you're not totally burnt out.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
What is good/bad this season? I probably won't play a ton, but I'll put some time into it. I'd like to play something fun/not terrible

I've always enjoyed like Monk/WD the most, but not really the support type (because that's boring as fuck).
Barb/Monk should be at the top, WD will be very strong as well with the new Helltooth set. Think Crusader is the worst off this season.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
What are the popular Monk builds now a days? I'm way out of the loop and my gear is really shitty.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Barb/Monk should be at the top, WD will be very strong as well with the new Helltooth set. Think Crusader is the worst off this season.
I think on PTR WD was still last, though it's hardly relevant I think since it's only a few GR levels and you're not competing against other classes, unless you do group stuff, which WD are great at(cannon fodder pets to reduce chances of people getting one shotted and massive amount of +dmg debuffs and buff). New Crusader set is apparently pretty solid, and Roland is still good too, even though I dislike both styles.

Every class is viable really, has been forever. In terms of what class does the best without the best gear, it's hard to say.

Barb is nice due to having several whirlwind builds so you can build up a bunch of sets in parallel and climb the torment tiers quickly like this and there's a few alternatives if you don't like whirlwind, though they require good gear for it.

Monk is also nice due to having several exploding palm builds so you can do the same and there's a generator build if you just want to punch shit in the face but again requires very optimized stuff so you'll most likely farm as exploding at first(new set is explodin+SSS and is pretty cool).

WD has a bunch of viable builds but it's still highly dependant on specific legendaries on top of the sets(masks especially) so you'll need to use the cube a lot, so you'll have to run bounties. Luckily they added a new WD set that makes running bounties super super fast, like whirlwind fast, but you do need weapon+offhand from a 2set so annoying to get(it's hex chicken based though, you run around at like 200% speed with all the bonus and one shot packs easily in T7 which is what you farm bounties on for the most part).

Wizard has a lot of freedom on builds due to Tal Rasha and Delsere being fairly generalistic build(can work with random elements and with a large amount of skills and good 2pc bonus so strong right away). New set(archon) is kind of meh though unless they stealth buffed the belt back from PTR.

DH didn't get anything new but Natalya and UA are still good. I think you might be more reliant on getting several set pieces of a specific set before you can do good stuff though, but DH is also one of the quickest base class to do bounties with so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Crusader got a new set, it's apparently good, but there's like 0 overlap with the previously good set, so you'll also need to focus on one specific set and complete the set asap, which means bounties again. Crusader is so so at bounties because horse is kinda shit until you're geared like crazy. Sounds pretty tedious to gear tbh.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Eh, WD cleared 69 on PTR with Helltooth Bears. The acid cloud variation was pretty competitive as well, think around 66? of course those will be higher with paragon levels.

Honestly every set is going to be tedious to gear; you need legendaries beyond whatever set you want to play; Focus/Restraint, Conventition ring, Furnace for cube, etc just to name a few. On top that of most sets have belts/bracers/weapons that go along with it, like the acid cloud staff and bracer you need if you want to run that variation of Helltooth. Monks need the new seasonal fist weapon to get the most out of the new SSS set.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I still play my WD and while hexchicken and the helltooth builds are hot, barb WW spam bullshit is still waaaaaay ahead but every metric.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, barbs are still king for sure. WW clear speed is just too good. Probably playing WD or Monk for this season myself, really feeling that itch to start from scratch and gear up a toon or two.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd like to play in a group and want to make a party around that. You guys reckon what would be swell for a 4-man? I'd love to play blessed hammer but I bet it's going to be crap compared to just being the support bot if I play crusader. Wouldn't be surprised if demon hunters and wizards are the primary dps as usual

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Played a bit, I feel like there will be a lot of complaining about the grind for bounty materials and to level gems, since you can't really fast track that.

My favorite change is the game going "no, you idiot, your bounty objective is HERE, duh" once you don't reach it in about 30 seconds. Reminds me of watching somebody totally new play a game you have mastered and resisting the urge to tell them exactly what to do.