Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Necro will be cool to come back to for a couple of weeks for sure. I am sure a bunch of people will come back to at least get those D2 poison nova feels going or whatever they make the Necro now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Only got the necro to level 10 or so but I kind of dig the playstyle. I like that corpse explosion is free to cast so you are really trying to use your cast cycles as a resource almost. Like i'm trying to spam out a bunch of skeleton mages while trying to generate essence while trying to blow up corpses.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Feel free to add me, I've been soloing and pugging a lot as all my buddies are out on it this season. I'm only like paragon 300 or something but I can clear TX sort of effectively.
You're already on my friends list but have seen you online a little bit and will start inviting. Can clear TX fairly well, but not as fast a dh could do it.

On a different note, and making the news at 11... If you don't bot, fuck are death breathes and bounty materials a pain in the dick to farm. Going legit is rough, and who knows how long I'll last when ancients/primals are the only thing left to farm.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I never bot and mats of any kind are no problem for me (10 days into season, have 1700 breaths, 1600 souls), and so on.

Sometimes 10 people are on in clan, I've seen over 20 log in over a 24 hr period at times. This will diminish over time, as it always does.

Did some 4 man GR87s, which is way better than DHs were in previous seasons (no one being carried in group).

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will probably play when necro comes. Still crazy to me they are going to charge for it. When its literally necro + regular season stuff. No new acts or anything, like wtf have they been doing over there.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Will probably play when necro comes. Still crazy to me they are going to charge for it. When its literally necro + regular season stuff. No new acts or anything, like wtf have they been doing over there.

I don't think they have an actual game director for D3 since Wyatt was moved, on top of which I assume the D3 team is a skeleton crew at this point. But yeah, I hear you about the lack of content for what is probably going to be a $20 purchase. Like most, I'll probably cave in and buy the pack anyway as necro was a fav of mine.

Last edited:

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, I loved having a horde of minions just swarming everything on screen. WD kind of scratched that itch, but it just wasn't the same.

Crone

I never bot and mats of any kind are no problem for me (10 days into season, have 1700 breaths, 1600 souls), and so on.

Sometimes 10 people are on in clan, I've seen over 20 log in over a 24 hr period at times. This will diminish over time, as it always does.

Did some 4 man GR87s, which is way better than DHs were in previous seasons (no one being carried in group).
Of course they're not for you because of the amount of time you play. If I had put in enough time to be doing Grift 80+ at this point I probably wouldn't have issues either.

Right now I've never had more than 150 death breathes before spending them on rare upgrades or Stat rerolls at the enchanter. 25 each makes them disappear quick.

More news at 11 - you play a lot and you don't have a problem with mats. Lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Of course they're not for you because of the amount of time you play. If I had put in enough time to be doing Grift 80+ at this point I probably wouldn't have issues either.

Right now I've never had more than 150 death breathes before spending them on rare upgrades or Stat rerolls at the enchanter. 25 each makes them disappear quick.

More news at 11 - you play a lot and you don't have a problem with mats. Lol
I mean, if you have that many DB's you should be spending them fishing for upgrades. There is literally no reason to ever have more then 50 or so DB's in your inventory.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, diminishing returns set in at that point. It might even be quicker to just go out and kill more shit than it is to spend the time picking up specific loot(or crafting it) and then cubing it.

Crone

Eh, diminishing returns set in at that point. It might even be quicker to just go out and kill more shit than it is to spend the time picking up specific loot(or crafting it) and then cubing it.
Eh, pick up everything, but for upgrading rares, just craft yellows from the jeweler or blacksmith.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never run out of whites and blues before DB's but whatever. The point was there is literally no reason to hold on to them. You need like 50 or so in case you get an upgrade and you want to reroll some shit. Other then that dump them in the cube.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I don't pick up enough then. I usually only pick up stuff that the rift boss drops, takes too much time otherwise.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
I've never run out of whites and blues before DB's but whatever. The point was there is literally no reason to hold on to them. You need like 50 or so in case you get an upgrade and you want to reroll some shit. Other then that dump them in the cube.

I am waiting until more of my non ancient slots are replaced with ancients.

When you have six possible slots to upgrade, if you use mats to improve some, you risk a later drop making that wasted. If on the other hand you wait until you have a couple of slots that would not be too hard to upgrade (the other slots being hard to upgrade) you can concentrate your mats on just those and in the long run end up with a better gear set.

I've done enough seasons to know that ancient drops do come and you don't have to go crazy burning mats trying to get them early (with occsional exceptions for critical slots like weapons).

Running shadow this season, I did gr70 with a 2200 dps knife and soon after found a 3k dps knife (not primal, but primal quality) so it was not necessary to blow a lot of mats on the weapon slot.

I've had good luck with rings and amulet too (got a lightning/chd/cc ancient traveler's walk ammy today) with both rings i use being ancient.

Still working on helm, belt, bracer after some great luck this afternoon with other slots. It's approaching time to farm 400 sets of bounty mats though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Apparently got into the Necro beta so went and tested that, class is pretty fun. Not "I'm gonna pay some money for it" fun though. Lots of interesting synergies and shit, the sets should define the gameplay more I guess but kinda liked it, got it to 67 or something and stopped cause no real incentive to go higher.

Having your movement skill at lvl 30 kinda sucks though, I initially started playing without copying, so similar to a new season start and it was pretty fucking slow. The movespeed on corpses thing is terrible until Revive or one of the autoconsumes, movespeed bone armor unlocks late too, so overall the early game is slow as fuck, slower than any other class besides maybe crusader I think. Once you have all the things though it's pretty nice, can run around at decent speed, so much that you barely need the teleport if density is good.

Having 3 super long cd abilities also kinda sucks in terms of variety and they're mostly unusable unless you build for the cdr stuff(that blood spec that reduces cds everytime you consume health and shit) from what I've seen, although again sets, and potential setup with obsidian, would fix that. And at least the one that summons a bunch of skeletons definitely didn't feel worth the cd at all. Land of the Dead looked nice for some crazy burst kind of thing but feels like a much much shorter Voodoo so not sure how much I like that. Simulacrum looks very interesting but losing 50% of your health on cast is a good way to randomly die in rifts so not sure how viable it'll be.

Langemede

Golden Knight of the Realm
Back to D3 after a few years away. Playing a shadow DH in seasons right now. Looking for maybe some grift teams, solo 79 at the moment is my personal best. Would take an invite to the forum clan if anyone pays attention that can invite, Langemede#1449.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
So I started a monk cause I've never played one. I haven't played since season 5. I have a pet I got at the completition of the season, a tree guy. Do they not run around and pick up gold any longer?