Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
my friend got some pants on his witchdoctor that do like 795% weapon damage per second to everything he's standing within 14 yards of. That's pretty nutty.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Are legendary items from before still considered powerful now? I bought several cheap legendary items a while back on the AH for my monk. How are yellow drops now and how long would it take to replace gear that has stats that were hand picked from the AH? It just seems like an item would have to be so much better that I wouldn't mind losing a set bonus or resistances.

Also, is monster power still in the game?

Jefferson_sl

shitlord
Are legendary items from before still considered powerful now? I bought several cheap legendary items a while back on the AH for my monk. How are yellow drops now and how long would it take to replace gear that has stats that were hand picked from the AH? It just seems like an item would have to be so much better that I wouldn't mind losing a set bonus or resistances. The gear is all itemized differently now as well.

Also, is monster power still in the game?
The powerful stuff is still pretty powerful for 60 but mid-tier gear is junk and will be replaced quickly. If the most powerful stuff from vanilla is still worth using at 70 Blizzard wouldn't be doing their job.

Monster power isn't as straight forward, there are difficulty levels now, same difference.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Cyclone Strike is never leaving my bar. The amount of utility that ability has is just nuts. Instead, it will either be sweeping winds or ltk that gets dropped. I'll have to test out the maths on Epiphany, if I can actually get it down to 18s and how that fire rune's damage is applied to abilities, etc. Sweeping winds has the benefit of doing damage in the background. I'm just not sure it will be that much, especially if you have something like a thunderfury equipped AND Epiphany is based on proc coefficient. Then sweeping winds can't proc either and the damage will look pretty paltry in comparison. In that case, I'll keep LTK, specifically scorpion sting. That stun is just too damn useful at trivializing elites and tough mobs like those punishers.

Tangent: I'm starting to wonder if TF + Shield is better than TF + WFK/Odyn Son. Half your hits not a thunderfuy seems a big dps hit. But, not sure how to math out the loss of a socket and +lightning%.
After figuring how to do the elective mode thing I put Serenity (with healing rune), Epiphany, Cyclone Strike (with healing rune) and Mantra of Healing (with rune that restores life every time you hit. My primary is Crippling Wave with Tsunami rune and my secondary is Lashing Tail kick with Scorpion Sting. All my gear is at least 61 yellow gear. I've been playing at Expert level but now think it may be time to move up to at least Master because with Epiphany now the purple bosses are trivial. I just fire off Epiphany and spam Lashing Tail kick and stuff goes down fast.

Is there any criteria to determine if your gear is good enough for Torment levels?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might need to try out epiphany. I also went defensive on my rune. Shit hits to damn hard at the moment. I did get a 70th Mephisto Helm. I hate to break my set, but I will eventually have to and thus I need to look at some other specs.

Needless

Toe Sucker
So.. is Act 5 balanced weird or some shit or did they completely change how difficulties scale?
I'm in act 5 on my lvl 50 crusader and hes constantly seeing common mobs with 500k hps... "The Witch" has 112million health.. thats retarded for this level

This is on Master...

Elite pack in A3 on Master @ level 50: 586,881 HP

Some shitty common Shaman monster in A5 @ Master: 560k HPs.

Wtf?

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
So.. is Act 5 balanced weird or some shit or did they completely change how difficulties scale?
I'm in act 5 on my lvl 50 crusader and hes constantly seeing common mobs with 500k hps... "The Witch" has 112million health.. thats retarded for this level

This is on Master...

Elite pack in A3 on Master @ level 50: 586,881 HP

Some shitty common Shaman monster in A5 @ Master: 560k HPs.

Wtf?
All I know is I changed the difficulty to Master and Urzael has killed me 5-6 times in a row. Either I keep missing a one-shot mechanic of his or my build/gear is not good enough for Master yet.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got a legendary amulet that I hadn't seen before called Haunt of Vaxo. the stats aren't too bad. average roll on it... but the legendary affix causes 2 shadow clones to spawn whenever I stun an enemy. it has a 30 second cooldown and the clones last for 15 seconds. my monk is on t1 at lvl 60 (haven't picked up RoS yet) and I really shouldn't be even there yet. elite packs are basically me wearing them down after about 10 deaths, but whatever. Anyway, I got this amulet and these shadow clones are nuts. They do something like 30-40% of my damage (it's hard to tell, too many numbers floating around) but they have access to every monk ability. these suckers have literally put t1 on farm level for me. I'm not doing enough dps to kill bosses in a quick amount of time (I ran into butchers enrage timer, though I still beat him) but elite packs and champions just basically melt. it's insanely fun. If you guys find one of these amulets but the stats are lower than you'd like, use it anyways and see what you think.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well you need a way to reliably stun that you're not using on trash, since the cooldown on the amulet is kinda shitty so if you pop it on trash it's likely it won't be up for elites. But yeah if you do that, it's pretty strong. I used it both on monk and DH, as monk it does shit like exploding palm and the ground shit that heals so that's nice and as a DH it drops caltrops, mines and puts marks on enemies on top of other shit. Read that the wizard one does blackhole sometimes too and do their own mirror images.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
CrusaderHad to step it down from T1 at 67, elite packs are just too brutal. Been an absolute blast though.
That's a lot of tank stuff. Anyway just in case of I'll point out that Insurmountable increases shield block VALUE, not chance, I found it to be very underwhelming unless your block chance is already through the roof in comparison to getting 15% more block from the other one(the one that removes your .5% dodge as a tradeoff, ouch). I was around 75% block around lvl 60 but had to replace lvl 60 legendaries I was using(helm of command, lantern ring) so I dismantled the whole block stuff, think I'm down to 26% now just from the shield. High block chance and the heal on block is insane though, especially since a lot of shit can be blocked even though it does shit dmg, like ground stuff from elites, it does a lot of small hits so you just stand in it and you actually heal up even with ~50% block.

Also anyone notice in adventure mode there's like the old inferno density? I mean pre 2.0. I was doing a bounty in the fields in act1 and there were packs of 12-15goatmen and shit when in story mode you're lucky if you get 3 on your screen at the same time.

sike

Silver Knight of the Realm
So after a day of playing, my 70 wizard is sitting at 600k paper doll dps and 6m toughness, having upgraded all but three slots. Two of those upgrades are random drop legendaries, the rest are either crafts or rares that have been rerolled through the mystic.

This makes torment II doable. I played through the campaign on T1 in mostly CM wizard gear and there were some parts that were pretty tough.

Bounties and rifts are excellent fun with pretty good rewards - although, in over 100 gambles I have yet to get a usable item.

And that brings me onto my biggest issue with the expansion: no trading. To me, half the fun in Diablo has always been the trading. They may have taken it a bit far with the RMAH (personally I wish the gold AH was still in game), but making almost everything account bound is a step too far. It removes the ability to focus on trading for a particular set and makes it entirely an RNG grindfest.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I got a string of ears tonight on my wiz, 30% melee damage reduction, but it was while I was PLing my buddy so they were like level 50 something... It would've been fun to try out something more facetank wizardy.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
That's a lot of tank stuff. Anyway just in case of I'll point out that Insurmountable increases shield block VALUE, not chance, I found it to be very underwhelming unless your block chance is already through the roof in comparison to getting 15% more block from the other one(the one that removes your .5% dodge as a tradeoff, ouch). I was around 75% block around lvl 60 but had to replace lvl 60 legendaries I was using(helm of command, lantern ring) so I dismantled the whole block stuff, think I'm down to 26% now just from the shield. High block chance and the heal on block is insane though, especially since a lot of shit can be blocked even though it does shit dmg, like ground stuff from elites, it does a lot of small hits so you just stand in it and you actually heal up even with ~50% block.
Thanks for pointing that out, I forgot I had bugger all dodge chance. I'll rock that and see how it goes.