Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So happily bopping around at level 75 doing Tier 30 Nightmare Dungeons but I inspected a few level 100s at an event and their gear was about the same item level (~800) as my own. I take it that drops stop getting better past a certain current tier?

It seems bonkers to me that someone could do Tier 100 Nightmares in 750-800 gear, but I suppose the Paragon synergy is what makes up the difference. If so I should consider more survivability type nodes as my current path is mostly +damage oriented.

I'm level 92 and using a lvl 76 sword. Since it is my lowest ilvl I have tried to upgrade it for 16 levels, but no luck.

Unsure why they provided levels 76-100 without itemesation.

Oh wait, incompetence.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
70 to 100 was completely unnecessary. 30 levels of complete boredom and very little in item chasing.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I play 2 shouts with leap and enjoy it. I pop Ancient guys and that keeps my fury. I know it's not "by the book" and I'm only 73 but it seems to suit me.

You going to start pushing NM dungeons soon, are going to hit a brick wall until you upgrade your build, and after you do that and the items to make the build work, you'll be grinding for marginal upgrades and abandon the game.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
70 to 100 was completely unnecessary. 30 levels of complete boredom and very little in item chasing.

They probably should have capped the level at 70 and added the remaining 30 levels during seasons 5 at a time for thr first 6 sessons.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like there was maybe going to be another range of items from 85-100 but never got put in or something. That is also when uber unique's can drop for you, even tho it's not in your lifetime type chances.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I lost all motivation to play this. Did the campaign on a Sorc and started a rogue to try a better class (sorcerer was shit feeling) but just had no interest. There's just nothing there yet.

Maybe in a year or two?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I lost all motivation to play this. Did the campaign on a Sorc and started a rogue to try a better class (sorcerer was shit feeling) but just had no interest. There's just nothing there yet.

Maybe in a year or two?
I'm hoping by winter.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Depends if the lead is sacked or not. For D3 they had to wait until they saw evidence of damage done, so it wasn't until RoS.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I like when you use call on ancients and one or more, sometimes all three of the ancients spawn off your screen attacking rando mobs and not the pack you have.

I also like how half the time the 2hander guy does absolutely nothing but sit there and look at mobs even when right on top of a mob.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like when you use call on ancients and one or more, sometimes all three of the ancients spawn off your screen attacking rando mobs and not the pack you have.

I also like how half the time the 2hander guy does absolutely nothing but sit there and look at mobs even when right on top of a mob.
Yeah same shit with that proccing weapon in early game I got that spawned those tornadoes. They would fuck off in the exact opposite direction where the mobs were, lol. All that shit is broken and useless.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm level 92 and using a lvl 76 sword. Since it is my lowest ilvl I have tried to upgrade it for 16 levels, but no luck.

Unsure why they provided levels 76-100 without itemesation.

Oh wait, incompetence.
Imagine the MAUs when they add "Primal" items in that level range and people log in to farm them.

Fucker

Log Wizard

Maybe in a year or two?
Nothing is going to be fixed until they put all new people on the team...which won't happen. These people have yet to address the main issues that are wrong with the game. This tells me that they both don't care and don't understand how ARPG's work.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah same shit with that proccing weapon in early game I got that spawned those tornadoes. They would fuck off in the exact opposite direction where the mobs were, lol. All that shit is broken and useless.
Its seriously fucking busted. More than just the 2hander guy will do nothing when spawned.

Also i just died, revived and the pack of mobs that killed me teleported to the res spot and started attacking me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Depends if the lead is sacked or not. For D3 they had to wait until they saw evidence of damage done, so it wasn't until RoS.
The problem is that D4 isn't offensive bad, it's just not good in any lasting sense.

But when no one is logging in and buying cosmetics, they may realize the game has no staying power.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Barb at level 78 is pretty fun, I'd recommend it.

Sucks that you're essentially limited to a WW/HOTA/Death Blow build though, but my Hota build is pretty fun, went a lil away from the maxroll recommendation since I didnt want to have 3 shouts, but overall pretty consistent dmg.

Granted, I'm only soloing t34-t37 so I am sure I'd need to refine it further if I gave a fuck about uber Lilith or NM100, but having fun casually hasn't been an issue.
Double swing is viable too. Before fury generation is trivialized by gear, use ground stomp, rallying cry, steel grasp, wotb and the berzerk passive

Once you're set with fury swap ground stomp for iron skin. This gives you near unlimited unstoppable with wotb and rally.

Idea is you use wotb and build extra damage charges by spamming double swing/ spending fury. Keep berserk up 100% until the next wotb and stack more damage. Every minute or less you are gaining about +%100% damage that stacks as long as berserk doesn't fall off. Use steel grasp to apply vulnerable.

Alternative is to forgo perma berserk and inflict perma vulnerable with double swing.

Using frenzy with the basic attack aspect that grants 20 DR% can give 60% Dr.

Use double maces for more damage and stuns.

• 3Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I know Nightmares give more exp now, but this takes the cake for being dumb af in my book. Its like they have no idea you start a new character each season.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Double swing is viable too. Before fury generation is trivialized by gear, use ground stomp, rallying cry, steel grasp, wotb and the berzerk passive

Once you're set with fury swap ground stomp for iron skin. This gives you near unlimited unstoppable with wotb and rally.

Idea is you use wotb and build extra damage charges by spamming double swing/ spending fury. Keep berserk up 100% until the next wotb and stack more damage. Every minute or less you are gaining about +%100% damage that stacks as long as berserk doesn't fall off. Use steel grasp to apply vulnerable.

Alternative is to forgo perma berserk and inflict perma vulnerable with double swing.

Using frenzy with the basic attack aspect that grants 20 DR% can give 60% Dr.

Use double maces for more damage and stuns.
Ill have to try when I get bored of the hammer build, also think my paragon pts weren't ideally spent, but at level 80 I can (barely) pass a T41 assuming it isnt a lame set of affixes.

Having fun casually, but still was expecting something way better. It'll be a great game, just not for another 6-12 months.

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

The retarded thing is that know it's all issue and they have a druid legendary to "fix" it

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
are sorcerers the most frustrating class? i was looking up other builds, considering various options that use different rotations and are either more shard/blizzard/teleport focused. then i talk to a friend that has a warrior, he just smashes his 3 roar skills(?) and hold whirlwind until the dungeon is clear including face tanking butcher. then I talk to my brother who plays a druid on console and he smashes 3 buttons and moves 1 joystick until the dungeon is clear. I feel like sorcs are the only ones that spam their pots and get randomly 1 shot

can't wait till season 1 when I try a new class. trying to decide best class that will partner with a rogue
My 75 arc lash sorc can tank butcher without essentially 0 potions and no temerity.