Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Damn are they playing on the emulated server?

thats some wonky shit!
Don't see anything confirming how it happened. According to WoWhead, it was because that person failed a Nightmare dungeon, but don't see anything about it on that reddit post.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't see anything confirming how it happened. According to WoWhead, it was because that person failed a Nightmare dungeon, but don't see anything about it on that reddit post.
yea when i attempt a too high dungeon or one w/ stupid stormbanes wrath cuz why not and fail, i get kicked out (rogue) as a corpse

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

If this was their plan they already fucked themselves square in the asshole. You have to have players in the game to actually sell shit skins, and your game has to actually be playable to interest people in expansions.

Blizzard needs a house cleaning of pretty much every DEI fag and they need to immediately fire every person who can't even beat an NES Metriod level game. Hire actual gamers and coders.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2023-09-09 09.55.35 images.fastcompany.net 378bbb8c8205.png

2023-09-09 09.56.54 cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net 660fd8e043e7.png

2023-09-09 09.57.37 www.google.com 8f39248162ab.png

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

I would have zero issue with this if they honestly knew what they were doing. If they didn't have a broken end game. If we all didn't know they will put very little effort into seasons and expect us to pay even more for "the good stuff" they will add/fix with xpacs. IF they made a genuinely honest attempt at fixing what they have now.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I would have zero issue with this if they honestly knew what they were doing. If they didn't have a broken end game. If we all didn't know they will put very little effort into seasons and expect us to pay even more for "the good stuff" they will add/fix with xpacs. IF they made a genuinely honest attempt at fixing what they have now.

The whole "buy expansions so you can get the game you hoped for in the first place" isn't something I can get behind. Even then, unless they clean house I doubt they can even manage that

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Annual expansions just makes the possibilty of coming back in a later season that much harder. Now players will have to buy your content patches, sorry expansions, to get the most recent version(which incluedes fixes, new QoL, not just content). It's stupid and greedy as hell.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
People keep saying the bones of a good game are in there, but I’m not even sure of that anymore. Think about the monster catalogue for a minute. How many fucking annoying shit-ass monsters with stupid as fuck bullshit abilities are there in this game? I can think of over a dozen without trying. That’s fundamental to this game and it isn’t changing because the game system is designed around repeating “content” that uses X number of monsters from the existing catalogue. The monster affix set is demonstrably worse than D2 or D3 as has already been discussed, which only adds to this.

So enjoy your fancy new dungeon with neat new theme/skin, with fancy new metastasized butthole cancer tumor items, that’s chock full of asshole ghosts who constantly spam line attacks you need to dodge or get one-shot, and asshole fat zombies who constantly charge and stun you, and vampires that are constantly warping away from you. Oh and they all have Fire Enchanted so tracking fire projectiles are constantly gunning for your tumor-riddled butthole. And LIGHTNING PYLONS!!!1!!one. LOL SUCH GOOD DESIGN! Get fucked.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
People keep saying the bones of a good game are in there, but I’m not even sure of that anymore. Think about the monster catalogue for a minute. How many fucking annoying shit-ass monsters with stupid as fuck bullshit abilities are there in this game? I can think of over a dozen without trying. That’s fundamental to this game and it isn’t changing because the game system is designed around repeating “content” that uses X number of monsters from the existing catalogue. The monster affix set is demonstrably worse than D2 or D3 as has already been discussed, which only adds to this.

So enjoy your fancy new dungeon with neat new theme/skin, with fancy new metastasized butthole cancer tumor items, that’s chock full of asshole ghosts who constantly spam line attacks you need to dodge or get one-shot, and asshole fat zombies who constantly charge and stun you, and vampires that are constantly warping away from you. Oh and they all have Fire Enchanted so tracking fire projectiles are constantly gunning for your tumor-riddled butthole. And LIGHTNING PYLONS!!!1!!one. LOL SUCH GOOD DESIGN! Get fucked.
Yeah the "good" core of the game is the art/music. Literally none of the game design is good.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Depends on your class/build I guess for a lot of that. The dodge or die isn't a bad mechanic, but things like the giant ballista blowing you up from offscreen and the fire enchanted lasting for 10 seconds after the guy dies is stupid.

It makes things needlessly tedious without adding any challenge other than boredom.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Depends on your class/build I guess for a lot of that. The dodge or die isn't a bad mechanic, but things like the giant ballista blowing you up from offscreen and the fire enchanted lasting for 10 seconds after the guy dies is stupid.

It makes things needlessly tedious without adding any challenge other than boredom.

Dodge or die on trash mobs sucks balls dude

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dodge or die on trash mobs sucks balls dude

Sucks balls when it happens, but it's definitely not poor game design. Dying to something unavoidable or because you're CC'd forever is shitty design.

Dying because you're lazy/reckless/not paying attention is how it should be. Are you seriously saying there shouldn't be any risk of dying outside of bosses?

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike

Fucker

Log Wizard

There would be good bones in there, but not at all with this set of developers. The only way to fix this is to give it to an entirely new team.

LOL, I just read about the xp buff. It takes 30 hours to hit 100 from level 80. After the buff...it takes 29 hours. I don't know why these idiots even bother showing up to work.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I was reading today that CoD is crossing over into D4? If this is true, its a shame they are going full Fortnite into the game. They have molested this IP with their decision. Diablo is too strong of an IP with its story and lore that it doesn't need crossovers and a bunch of nonsense. This should be an easy win. It shouldn't be too difficult to listen and print money with a Diablo release. What's sad they're probably making a money but its really sad what they've done. I actually enjoyed D4 in the beginning and by the time we made it to the first season, it's like they went full stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user