Doctor Who

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So.. I don't know why, but I've noticed a lot of Dr Who stuff is better when I haven't seen it in awhile. What I mean is, a lot of new episodes I'll watch, interested during the whole episode, but then right after I'm kind of like 'well, it was fine..' especially during Smith's last season and Capaldi's first season, when I was watching everything as it came out. But, with BBC america doing reruns for the last few days, when I watch those same episodes that I thought were 'meh' when they were new, I kind of enjoy them now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Christmas episode was the best for years (not including Hell Bent) because The Doctor actually did stuff. Was average compared to the David Tennant stuff though. I enjoyed the tables being turned on River Song and her not knowing who he was.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I thought the whole season sucked, the christmas episode gave me hope for next year.
Really? The season had a few uneven spots, but it also had some of the best episodes in years. Most of the two parters were amazing, just the big hybrid story fell a little flat, mainly for the ending though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Clara stayed too long and they didn't do enough with her, most of the plot happened around her and she was along for the ride. Characters like River Song crash a spaceship right into the plot while pulling off a heist and taking notes for later.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Didn't they sort of imply that River Song eventually became the Divine Mainframe avatar?
Is that the woman who got him to the planet in the man who came to christmas? If so, then yes, that's how I took that interaction when they were alone.

Personally, I'm glad they finally closed the loop on the fucking screwdriver. It was eating me up. Also glad they gave him a proper screwdriver and got rid of those fucking ray bans.

I just got caught up, I liked how they ended clara's story. I kinda hope we get an episode with Clara and Me. I laughed at how apparently fragile the chameleon circuits are on Tardi.

Inque

FunEmployed
I think the most jarring thing from the X-Mas episode is that the 'town' is the same one used in the finale with Clara, just decorated for Christmas
frown.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I think the most jarring thing from the X-Mas episode is that the 'town' is the same one used in the finale with Clara, just decorated for Christmas
frown.png
It's a good set. Very Diagon Alley, where I think it happened to be used the first time, and 478 other times since
tongue.png

Reusing props and sets are a trademark of Sci-Fi, and only went out the window with CGI. That we see it more now is only a good sign for me. I still do a silent fist pump any time a Star Wars nerd mentions they have a Bossk figurine and think hell, you basically own a Doctor Who toy now.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Wow.. that's pretty obscure Jait.
smile.png
I had to google bossk, and then found a pic showing his outfit is the same as a guy from an old dr. who episode.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the sauce. Was too lazy to link it. I think it's a good choice. There's no one else that fits as well and is willing to take on the role. His individual episodes reek of classic Who in both good and bad ways which has me pretty excited to see what he will do. Granted when you become show runner and head writer your episodes drastically change as you're now responsible for not only all the obvious show running duties but your personally written episodes are no longer one offs that are someone else's responsibility to realize, but the glue that holds the entire season together.

When Moffat said it took a lot of alcohol to convince him, I think he was being more honest than normal.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So, (potentially) good news, moffat is stepping down.. bad news, no new episodes till spring 2017... fuck.
Technically, we will get another xmas episode in 2016, but whatever.

I hope moffat still writes some episodes for dr. who, I don't hate him as much as most people, but it's clear his creative well was running a little dry. Needs some space to step back and just write a few good scripts at his own pace, rather then to make a deadline.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Both him and Davies now really have very few excuses not to write an ep now and again. I agree.