Doctor Who

Chris

Potato del Grande
She came off as quite annoying, the vibe I got is that she is there to fill a racial/possibly trans diversity quota and be fucking Poochie to bring in the hip young kids by challenging The Doctor.

I feel weird saying that because Mickey was great and Martha was fine (The Master episode was she great) and I never thought of their race for a second, the SJW times we live in I guess...

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
It would have been nice to have different kind of companion (male, or alien, )....not much left to do with earth girl needs to hear the whole story again and revisit the old enemies routine.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I really hoped they would go with multiple companions. It just seems to add more interesting and dynamic situations. I've not seen a ton of old Doctor, but the ones I have that had two companions (Sarah Jane and Harry) were always more interesting then when he just had one (cept when it was Romana cause I just like Timelord mythos). Also, the Ponds were my favorite of the new companions.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
igDhbYQTvact1SbNDbzoeiFBGda.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Doctor Who[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2005-03-26[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]The Doctor looks and seems human. He's handsome, witty, and could be mistaken for just another man in the street. But he is a Time Lord: a 900 year old alien with 2 hearts, part of a gifted civilization who mastered time travel. The Doctor saves planets for a living – more of a hobby actually, and he's very, very good at it. He's saved us from alien menaces and evil from before time began – but just who is he?[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Doctor Who discussion. No new episode until Christmas 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
"no new episode until Christmas 2016' which blows.. but I hope it gives the new show runner enough time to really do something awesome with the next season. There's some truly epic storylines they could do now with the timelords back in the picture, and there hasn't been a satisfying season long arc for the last few seasons. I'd also like to see the Doctor go back to enjoying what he does, rather then seeming to be in a moral dilemma all the time.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Bumping for reminder of Xmas episode incoming. Previews look dumbish, but I'll be watching.

BBC America has had marathons of the show non stop for days. Not like the hole shebang is on Prime or anothing, but it's something to have on in the evenings.

Anyone been watching Powee of the Daleks? Thought it was going to be dumb but it looks like it's the audio of a classic episode that they animated. Just curious if it was any good?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I watched one episode of it, meh in my opinion.

I didn't like the animation style, but was a cool idea.

I hope they set up a decent story arc next year, some of the best seasons have a nice connection to them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
is this the one where the tranny companion joins up? not looking forward to this.

hope this gets better

pretty corny

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't great, didn't hate it, but the previews for this season look absolutely terrible. Every scene of the new companion was a goofy, dumb, bewildered, buck tooth, look of vapidness. Will still watch at least the first few to give it a shot and hope to be proven wrong.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, the episode wasn't the worst, but whatever meh feeling I had about it was just made all the worse by the preview for next season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Wasn't great, didn't hate it, but the previews for this season look absolutely terrible. Every scene of the new companion was a goofy, dumb, bewildered, buck tooth, look of vapidness. Will still watch at least the first few to give it a shot and hope to be proven wrong.
the new transpanion looks like shit, fucking SJWs ruining everything. whats wrong with pretty white girls? or fuck, pretty black girls for that matter? the pretty girls worked for 50 years.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I seriously do not care if the companion is pretty or not, but they need to be fun to watch in some way. Clara grew on me a bit, but she was my least favorite at first, despite some finding her to be the hottest companion since the reboot (I prefer Amy, mmm redheads). I have not seen much of the new companion yet, but so far each scene I've seen of her, she has just annoyed me. We'll see, maybe it's just because I hate that the Dr has to re-explain everything to someone, which makes them come off as dumb in comparison.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Well it's double shitty that it's Capaldi's last season. He's by far my favorite of the new era Doctors. And the means they'll go the female doctor route uhg. Fuck off sjws don't ruin everything under sun

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Capaldi really didn't get enough of the longer running plotlines, the wrap-up for River was the only bone they tossed him. Could almost say he was chosen as the companion for Clara's plotline instead.