DOTA 2

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Maybe that's my problem. I have no friends that will pick this game up because they are all stuck on HoN or LoL. I've solo queued about 600+ games at this point and have had some real stinkers.

Elerion

N00b
*shrug*

I prefer solo queuing over queuing with friends who are worse than me. The latter frustrates me to no end.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It's probably different in the higher bracket though where most people have a good concept of what they are doing. In the lower brackets I find it's 50-50; sometimes I'm with pretty competent people and others people that have absolutely no idea what they are doing. The latter games are basically impossible to win.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
2092, Diamond 99%. Wasn't this stuff supposed to be hidden after the patch though? Or did Dotabuff use the info from prepatch to rank people? Haven't played in over a month so don't care either way I literally heard about the "DBR drama" from the patch notes.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I basically only solo queue. Once and awhile I'll catch one of you all, or another friend. But past that I just play solo.

Sulrn

Deuces
So I did a bot practice match to get a feel for my old favorite Troll (he's almost completely different from when I played all-stars), and I was blown away by the fact Tiny(bot) is better than any tiny I've see in over 300 matches. Wtf...

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Ended up buying the plus version for a month. Pretty interesting stats and information it shows. My DBR has constantly been going up since I started going up, so I can take solace in knowing I've been improving atleast.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
2092, Diamond 99%. Wasn't this stuff supposed to be hidden after the patch though? Or did Dotabuff use the info from prepatch to rank people? Haven't played in over a month so don't care either way I literally heard about the "DBR drama" from the patch notes.
They had it all lined up, it makes sense when you have match history going almost since the start of beta

Louis

Trakanon Raider
rrr_img_10725.jpg

In regards to N0tail's Meepo

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Love that they're making ground (I think) on actually making skill with certain heros a somewhat measurable statistic. It's been one of my favorite parts of this game to follow.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I hate how it feels like the other team always consider their composition while my team just all randoms horrible line ups. Infuriating as pure support to lane with pub carries who can barely farm. I mean how can you not look at another teams line up and say "oh shit, dont take this late game." Fail pubs are fail.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Solo queing is so fucking random it doesnt make any sense. I play a game, which I lost. It was against people in the very high skill bracket, constant dewarding/ward smoke ganks, perfect teamwork etc, next game I play against a puck that doesnt realize psi blades are hitting him and he gives me first blood, then I proceed to get 17 more kills in the next 10 minutes. It's like where's the fucking consistency here?

Yeah , it boils down to 2 to 3 fucktards make a group and join MM. While the other side has 2 to 3 competent team oriented players. Only thing i can come up with up for games like those. Had a ton of them in HoN , was always lopsided matches...never failed out of maybe 20 games you would find a decent game. But yeah , retards travel in packs and join games together to play a co op game with my buddies. Go die fuck faces.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Not sure how I feel about it. I enjoyed Dotabuff before it focused on the players.

Honestly it seems like a dick move by Valve, not that they shouldn't do whatever they want, but couldn't they have let DB know they were going to wreck them in advance to save some time and money?

Not often you see someone look better than Valve in a situation, but this looks like one to me.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The way Dotabuff was getting the data (scraping data packets from replays) was highly shady and you knew Valve was going to shut down the ability to do that eventually.

Because of Valve's Terms of Service and players privacy, Dotabuff will have to use the WebAPI when it's working and change how they do business.

Instead they are whining that their ability to profit off DotA 2 has been cut off.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
No, dotabuff is fucked because they were using methods that were pretty much against ToS. Then they came up with dotabuff plus before shutting down later that day, you let people give you money and then use them to force Valve do what you want ?! That alone is enough to say "fuck 'em". I mean title of their reddit post is "Valve shuts down Dotabuff", for christ's sake, you can't get much more bitchy than that.

Good riddance I say.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...down_dotabuff/some good replys from Hotbid and Cyborgmatt, basically they brought it upon themselves.