DOTA 2

Needless

Toe Sucker
Shit i missed todays episode, i'll watch it at work tomorrow~

I think i just had the biggest mid domination of all the games i've played so far, went MK; my timing on a 25 minute long game:

3 minute phase boots
11 minute echo
13 minute deso
19 minute basher (could afford abyssal)

at that point my echo sabre procs were almost 1 shotting everybody on their team hahaha

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't follow anything DOTA at all. I have no idea who a single player or caster is. :(

Diablo 3 new season and WoW have sucked me back away though, so I went in a few games of DOTA, but am basically back out. The stream above was on the front page of Twitch is only reason I saw it, and was marking it for later if I ever get back into DOTA.
Purge has overall very solid theorical knowledge. He's not the best player himself, but he's ok-ish, at least for a pub. Definitely not pro level. But he's pretty good at explaining stuff in a way that makes sense for new players, he's done it a lot, so he's a good teacher at least. He made the generally recommended new player guide back in the dota1 days "Welcome to dota, you suck" and updated it for dota2 when it launched and has been making various video guides and stuff over the years. He's also casting/doing analysis panels for pro games at like TI/majors.

I only watched the first week's episode of Purge/Day9, and honestly it was really good. Granted I knew everything that was being discussed so maybe a fresh player experience might be different, and it takes quite a while to watch, but it was very indepth and Day9 had very good questions that a lot of players will have when starting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Shit i missed todays episode, i'll watch it at work tomorrow~

I think i just had the biggest mid domination of all the games i've played so far, went MK; my timing on a 25 minute long game:

3 minute phase boots
11 minute echo
13 minute deso
19 minute basher (could afford abyssal)

at that point my echo sabre procs were almost 1 shotting everybody on their team hahaha

Ah yes, the balanced ape. Most people have learned to at least buy a force staff vs him so you don't end up in the ult, but he shits on almost everybody 1v1. Susceptible to counterpicks like disruptor, BH, slardar or enigma though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Ah yes, the balanced ape. Most people have learned to at least buy a force staff vs him so you don't end up in the ult, but he shits on almost everybody 1v1. Susceptible to counterpicks like disruptor, BH, slardar or enigma though.

Haha yeah definitely

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So this event is hard as shit. We only made it 3 rounds.

Edit: Made it to round 6 this time (round 5 is a chicken that shits gold). Also got my first treasure...ended up being Abaddon which sucks, cause I have a bunch of awesome hats for him already.

3rd try we got to Meepo/Techies. What a shit show. I'm not sure they tested that, because it turned into a slideshow with too many units.

Last edited:

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Made it to the Tidehunter round...I think its round 9. Played Medusa...Her mystic snake stuns btw...And of course the multi-shot is awesome on this type of thing.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Mirana wave, 13 or something got me on my first attempt. Was worth 40,700 points with the daily bonus, and I got to spin the wheel of destiny which seems to just chain cost 35,000 points.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Seems like it's only worth doing once a day? that daily bonus gives so much.. if you do it again and get to ~lvl 9 or so you only get like 1k points.
no fucking way am i chaining that mode lol

MK is so sick... just won a game we were losing because i called the enemy at rosh, sat in a tree beside the pit, jumped in stunned, stole the aegis, ulted and we won the game hahahaha

Such a dumb character

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If you drain the chicken out of mana and stun/dot him, you can make some mad cash and techies can instakill the last boss if you spawm bombs since wave 12. But honestly you play it once for the daily bonus and that's it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Liquid'GH is starting to become my favorite player to follow, sometimes feeds a bit, but so many plays...

Secret still looks decidedly mediocre. Puppey seems to still be the least flexible player around and Khezzu isn't really making plays.

nisser

Trakanon Raider
I got to alchemist round once and that was it. Lots of fails on mirana. I'm sure its much easier with a group

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Had a game where we demolished Round 10, so much gold we didn't know what to buy. Still got hosed by Alchemist. Not sure how you dps through 450hp/s regen while not getting slowed/stunned/acid sprayed.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
7.00 is pretty crazy patch for pubs, I had 20 minute stomp here and there, but otherwise it's 50+ minute close games. The shrines make high ground absolutely crazy to contest, so much so I expect the frog to either nerf them or remove a few. I've had games where one team was hemmed in for 20 minutes, but it doesn't seem to matter much, since one shitty teamfight means they caught up on xp and carries are still farming the waves coming in. Talents are pretty big equalizer, xp can matter more than gold, since they can be worth 1k+. I'm not sure I miss my 20-30 minute landslides too much, but for now teamfights are the king and you need to play correctly in all of them to win.

Except sieging HG vs drow and sniper or techies, those fuckers can go die in a fire.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
27-3 on PA and I get a 9 in fighting. These ratings are bogus man =(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
The struggle man, report PA pls

MK mid is so fun, why is being a dirty monkey picker so satisfying?

Straight bully SF out of lane denying all his waves kekkkk

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As time goes by I'm finding some really good counters for MK

Magnus
Batrider
Beastmaster
Timber

And they all do offlane/mid which is the role I enjoy the most.

Also Disruptor is probably god tier counter against MK