DOTA 2

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sniper reminds me of a game SingSing played this week. He went dragon lance -> aghs then started buying rapiers. He had 3 rapiers when he almost killed himself on a blademail so bought a ghost sceptre on the idea it blocks physical which turned out to work. So he sold his boots for a fourth rapier haha. Was pretty much one-shotting people with AoE assassinates.

Needless

Toe Sucker
haha i dont think i've felt the impact of a good UL yet. I know he can be hella cancerous with pushing and porting out but in my shitter MMR i don't see him as a big issue (necrophos on the other hand..)

I can't play P1 for the life of me when i queue with a 5k friend of mine, he almost always plays P1 but sometimes i will and just get rekt if the game goes too late ;_; (his party mmr is only ~4kish.. mine is 2500 now).

Playing sven late game with a 5 second bkb and getting kited = sudoku irl

P2 and P3 is way funner, specially a P2 magnus or something where i can get farm and make plays while the P1 cleans up.

Last edited:

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Problem I find with UL isn't just his cancerous push and retreat/split strategy, its pushing into this motherfucker high ground that gives me aids. The delay of game is real when he is present. Exactly what a techies does, except he's actually useful all game.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Underlord does seem a bit unbalanced, at least 3 of his abilities seem very strong at the moment:
  • pit of malice as roots were made stronger this patch
  • The aura is interesting, though it may be in part due to the meta heroes since it reduces base attack damage and we're seeing mostly agility carries. I'm surprised players aren't routinely buying Silver Edge to break the passive.
  • The ultimate seems a bit ridiculous, it seems questionable to me that it pulls people out of disruption, OD banish and Euls. I did see (on a stream?) some people try and fail at force staffing him away from his team at the last moment, not sure what can really be done without the ability to burst him. Maybe a IO style indicator where he's going and/or don't allow him to interrupt it w/o putting the spell on cd?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The pit duration is way to long. 12 seconds of zoning on a non ult is way to powerful, for something that is such a strong spell in the first place. Either reduce the radius, the interval, or the duration, or increase CD to 40+ secs

Needless

Toe Sucker
Just had a 85 minute game against a UL and a Necro... absolute fucking cancer characters lmao

Youre definitely right about UL though (i went rubick to steal his pit as often as i could) but jesus he makes team killing nearly impossible

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Well from what I've learned doing my placements, apparently they mean fuck all. I went like 8-2 with decent stats and got placed at 2k MMR so it would seem the earlier games mean much more than they lead you to believe, which I found annoying as fuck, but I'm over it now. Play well and have fun at any bracket, it can just be extra frustrating with some of the low end community but oh well. It's DoTA, there's always gonna be a shithead somewhere. Just enjoy yourself and play the best you can.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This game lacks any good streamers anymore. I miss Merlini. Although I do enjoy PPD when he's on.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watch Bulldonger. He is on a 7 to 8 hour daily stream schedule. You can watch his vid replays even if he is not in your time zone or schedule.

Merlini last night had some sick games. His mid Rubic was very PogChamp.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
2/2 on placement games. I'm not sure I want to get placed high.
You do. There's actually surprisingly little difference between 1k and 2k players. You don't want to have to climb, because all it means is dealing with more shitty teammates.

Needless

Toe Sucker
doesnt even seem like theres a difference in 3k players either, maybe slighly more aware?

Miracle- is playing atm on starladder... mid sniper vs mid lone druid... who is the true sniper?!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I calibrated to like low 3k something it seems mostly fine here? People aren't awful, but neither are they just obviously better than me. We all still do some pretty dumb stuff sometimes, we don't really ward optimally, carries don't farm as well as they could, etc.

People in general seem pretty chill though, especially with the soft region lock thing now and seeing way less dirt farmers in my games. I haven't played like a huge amount of ranked games since placement, but mmr seems to slowly go up over the long average, but I still mostly only win roughly half the time.

This is the last game I played if anyone cares to see what 3k looks like to compare vs their 1k or 5k or whatever: 2937126981

None of us are especially amazing, but everyone has the general concepts and map awareness largely down, even if bad decisions are made sometimes and mechanical mistakes are made.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is Purge any good? Day[9] apparently has a series that is coaching and then watch him try and implement what he was taught, and then more recap.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do you not know who Purge is?

Or was it just a question of his skill? I think he's around 5-5.5k.
I don't follow anything DOTA at all. I have no idea who a single player or caster is. :(

Diablo 3 new season and WoW have sucked me back away though, so I went in a few games of DOTA, but am basically back out. The stream above was on the front page of Twitch is only reason I saw it, and was marking it for later if I ever get back into DOTA.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Purge is good for learning.

W33 is my favorite for watching and taking my own observations. He doesn't really talk and plays low key music while dominating pubs. It's nicenice.

I think it's twitch.TV/w33ha