DOTA 2

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone please buy kotlguy a dictionary. I'm reminded of the big brain in Futurama being trapped in a world of spelling errors and plot holes.

Also why does he constantly start asking a question then interrupt with his own rambling answer.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Brain's muddled from doing too many speedballs.

Secret definietly outpicked em in G2. Who is their capt? Puppey?

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought this first eg draft was going to be too cutesy but it's working surprisingly well. Machine gun on this druid.

Also interesting how difficult it is to push the offlane tower. Seems like it's usually the last to fall now.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Fantastic game for EG. I was pretty sure OG would win handedly, but damn they have impressed me.

Edit: K, second game was an unmitigated disaster for OG, EG avenges themselves from the Major.

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I thought this first eg draft was going to be too cutesy but it's working surprisingly well. Machine gun on this druid.

Also interesting how difficult it is to push the offlane tower. Seems like it's usually the last to fall now.

Because the shrine allows you to do a pincer attack very easily and 2 tp points make it even faster from anywhere on the map. Tidehunter/phoenix/enigma walking into your backline is a sure way to throw any advantage. That's also why you don't see any t3 siege without numbers advnatage anymore. It's easier to farm and gain control of the whole map than risk a teamfight where you don't have the best position. EG so far seems like they have the best understanding of the new map.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Because the shrine allows you to do a pincer attack very easily and 2 tp points make it even faster from anywhere on the map. Tidehunter/phoenix/enigma walking into your backline is a sure way to throw any advantage. That's also why you don't see any t3 siege without numbers advnatage anymore. It's easier to farm and gain control of the whole map than risk a teamfight where you don't have the best position. EG so far seems like they have the best understanding of the new map.

Yep I realize why (also 3 TP points means much less delay) ;) Its just an interesting evolution of the game compared to a few years ago where the offlane T1 would generally be gone by 5-8 minutes. The offlane in general has gotten significantly easier (probably more so on the radiant) with iron talon and the side camps.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This russian (or eastern european?) announcer on stage right now. hahahahah

"FIVE CYBORGS READY TO CRUSH THEIR ENEMIES"

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I went into the attic for 3-hours after the pause by n0tail at top and came back to the panel for the game haha. The handful of fans left must be some hardcore dota2 fans, its 12am on a Sunday. Man is it echoing in the arena.

Bit mind boggling the number of PC issues they've had this tournament and apparently now a server issue?

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
So I went into the attic for 3-hours after the pause by n0tail at top and came back to the panel for the game haha. The handful of fans left must be some hardcore dota2 fans, its 12am on a Sunday. Man is it echoing in the arena.

Bit mind boggling the number of PC issues they've had this tournament and apparently now a server issue?

Was likely a valve issue as all the euro servers took a dump for that duration.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, but they've been frequently pausing to swap out PCs before this.

I'm actually surprised Valve doesn't provide tournaments a dedicated server in a box to avoid any patching or connectivity problems. Send some employee to carry it if security is a concern.