DOTA 2

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I can't deal with Purge outside of the bits he does for TI. It is apparent he has some comedic ability and timing, the weatherman segment was great, but he cranks up the drollness to 1,000 sitting on a panel. Like dude, you can be technical and total srs bsns all you want but at least outwardly express some emotion. The Lurch thing used to feel like a meme but now it is reality.

And wtf is going on with God? Does he have some serious medical condition I don't know about? Guy looks terrible.

Needless

Toe Sucker
any other series/games worth checking vods of? gonna watch EG vs Wings and then the world match.
I missed the entire tournament outside of the qualifiers :(

Lmao all the monkey king cheese is so weird... like mentioned before, how is he not 100% first ban?

Last edited:

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Monkey looks like he's harder to catch than Ember Spirit and he also has one of the best teamfight ult's in the game. Not too shabby.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Monkey looks like he's harder to catch than Ember Spirit and he also has one of the best teamfight ult's in the game. Not too shabby.
I wonder if it's time for something like Disruptor, Enigma or Veno to counter him, or if they are just going to ban him outright. He also combos really well with Naga, which the chinese seem to ignore entirely.

Needless

Toe Sucker
i figured more teams would play beastmaster against him, hawk vision would prevent a lot of the annoying early ganks

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Unless somebody busts out BM jungle, unlikely, the offlane pick has way too much utility and initiation tied to it, roar is nothing compared to mini-ravages, centaur's ulti or Clock's hook+flare for vision and he gets almost hardcountered by Abbadon. Birds can also get fucked by radiance, especially on an illusion spammer. But hey, maybe somebody will figure it out and the Abba pick seems to be often quite mediocre.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah true that, true that

I really enjoy watching OG, they have such good diversity in their drafts so you can't really pin them down

edit: What's with all the CM picks lately?

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah true that, true that

I really enjoy watching OG, they have such good diversity in their drafts so you can't really pin them down

edit: What's with all the CM picks lately?
Early game is mostly passive and she can sit in jungle for the first 5 minutes and still be useful. Most other supports can get stuck leeching xp or just grabbing bounty runes. Aura makes life easier for all of your lanes, for example abbadon or slardar have pretty shitty mana costs/pool. Her ulti keeps her relevant into the lategame and frostbite is surprisingly strong vs mobile heroes. Nobody is pushing early and teamfights/strong lanes are everything, she excels at both.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, she makes for a good mana battery for Abba, Slardar, Cent, etc... Even more now that Lina is being combo'd with her which helps out her spam heavy casts for fiery soul and such.

Needless

Toe Sucker
True that, just weird to see her picked so frequently in DAC, i don't recall seeing that for quite awhile lol

neat to see the meta change so much with lina/mk being so good

Needless

Toe Sucker
when you pick the only support but nobody goes safelane :emoji_thinking:
never seen a sven tilt so hard despite being super fed early game lmao

gFRRZty.png

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wtfchina.jpg

Oh dear god what is this Chinese pop singing shit during the closing ceremony thing? Lmfao this is the most facepalm thing I have ever seen in dota.

Hahahaha this is so cringeworthy

Lol now there are martial artist guys wearing robes with the team names doing fake kung fu. Please tell me someone else is seeing this

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dont see MK or Alch getting through.

Welp nm, OG bans Lina and Tinker

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Wakandans had me sweatin' MK ban still in tact

edit: oh shit alch first pick!!, OG drafting against Burning lol

edit:... riki in a grand finals, the fuuuuuuck

Boboka is incredible as a P4 player

Last edited:

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
How the fuck is this game even remotely even, IG looked poised to stomp it in 40 minutes. Magnus ban every next game.