DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Chair>Monitor

Sea doto is awesome to watch, it's jsut like my russian pubs.

Last edited:

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Only in Manila will you have a fucking contest that replicates Puppey smashing a monitor....judged by fucking Puppey lol.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Bonus points for creativity. The first kid even flipped the table.

Puppey might be a dick, but he knows how to talk and work with the crowd.

Last edited:

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Its funny when you look at the NP roster - we all have trouble believing in it but you have a TI winner, 2 major winners, a consistently great mid and a former child prodigy.

Only in Manila will you have a fucking contest that replicates Puppey smashing a monitor....judged by fucking Puppey lol.

I never really understood the hype about the monitor. We've all been there, but most of us aren't making a few hundred thousand a year and stop ourselves.

Needless

Toe Sucker
at some point i need to go back and watch these newbee games.. i wanna see why the hell they're crushing so hard lol

if OG somehow upsets me against faceless, it might be sudoku irl time

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Damn... Iceiceice is stone cold. Rest of the team is freaking out from eliminating OG....he just has that death stare. I also find it crazy that he is personally paying for their teamhouse/expenses. The man is literally supporting his whole team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Complexity picked up Demon and Feero (from Yapzor & Fata's old team B)ears)

Man MSS clubbing fools as Elder Titan.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Why is Razor being picked consistently recently? What changed?

MSS' Elder Titan game was soooo satisfying as someone who plays the positions he does. Just watching them getting fucking smacked by a well played ET is just unnnffff worthy, loved it.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His ulti has no cast point now and focuses the lightning strikes on his linked targets. Link is also very good vs some of the current picks like Sven etc since link goes through bkb and steals something like 336 dmg with the 25 talent. Its a lot better in lower mmr games where supports are less likely to start countering it with force staff etc. Even in pro games he isnt doing badly, Razor had close to 60% win rate at the Manila Masters.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Damn... Iceiceice is stone cold. Rest of the team is freaking out from eliminating OG....he just has that death stare. I also find it crazy that he is personally paying for their teamhouse/expenses. The man is literally supporting his whole team.

Haven't been following the pro scene for a while but I assume they're living somewhere in Asia. Rent for a house is probably very low by Western standards, travel is obviously a major expense but I assume he takes a bigger cut of any winnings

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Why is Razor being picked consistently recently? What changed?

I'll let the rest of the thread explain it since they were so eager to tell me he has no place in DotA right now when I brought it up before Manila!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll let the rest of the thread explain it since they were so eager to tell me he has no place in DotA right now when I brought it up before Manila!
I never did.

A lot of people here think only of dota existing in a vacuum and without things like stuns etc that can enable the hero to get off full links or even enough to where it can cripple a carry in a teamfight. Force staff is not a counter to the hero and it was proven at Manila.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
I see. I'm also liking these builds where they build Drums and Pike on Razor allowing him to maintain link more often than not as well as absolutely mow down anyone that tries to run away like a bitch. Mason's Razor was a good example of this. Not sure why they left an Ursa to mid against him, Mason wiped him the fuck out.

He seemed fairly effective even into the later game as well, I was surprised.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
There were a few things that stuck out to me before Manila about him that I think disagreed with the general feeling of Razor. And I may not be right at all, but I did feel like we were primed to see him come back in to play, at least for teams to try and see where he might fit.

He's a lane bully / winner which is important right now (and really always, just differently) if you have to pick and chose where you want to win and let the other two lanes have more resources. Also with LC being such a huge pick right now Razor is probably one of only a few that can reliably lane against her (Ursa another one). If she falls out we may see him as a counter go as well.

In general with the meta seemingly favoring run at you melee heroes like Ursa, Troll, Juggling, etc... The static link still plays a huge roll. Force Staff on support or not you're still creating a situation the opposing team has to deal with. It means they don't have it to save themselves or anyone else if you're specifically using it to "potentially" break link. It isn't even as reliable as using it to break linkens. Plus with your own team having a great general purpose item like Eula, Razor building move speed, your own team having force, Razor having Pike... I just wasn't on the same page as everyone being worried about link breaking. Plus, who cares if you don't link the core. Drain that from whoever you want and you're still rocking 100+ damage bonus while racecaring around the team fight with lighting bolts coming out of your ass.

Also his flash farming I think was underestimated. People talked about him like he's windranger or something. His Q is a great wave clear at almost all stages (until creeps get a few too many HP). It can hit multiple jungle / stacks at once, so you stand in the middle and clear out a jungle in one spawn cycle. His ult also has basically a 50% up time, which makes it easier to further accelerate his farming. I mean he's never going to catch up to hyper carry flash farmers, but he's hardly stunted.

The whole bullying and winning the lane thing should in theory propel you in to mid game with some early items. And I do agree, even with the above paragraph, getting behind sucks on him. But you still have link, ult, and Q and have to be targeted in teams fights. Not sure you can just ignore a Razor and ark the rest of the team.

He's still niche though. I don't think you can drop him in any draft or against any line up. His talents are pretty great too. Unstable Current talented can be crazy if you don't think you need the cast range, but it is shared level and that helps link...

Oh well that's my rambling on a conference call and trying to type this shit on mobile. Like I said, I may be way off, but I don't think so.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user