Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Agraza

Registered Hutt
They should design buildings as if they're lived in, and used for something, and then design the player experience layered on top of that. They can still block access here or there with debris. So many little buildings in Fallout 3 were interesting as once functional, now a "level" experiences. I went through an old police precinct that had traps laid out and someone using a closet as a storage cache. You could see both levels of it being used. I'm frustrated by shit like Icecrown Citadel and whatever other dungeons, that basically just exist to be cleared. Kael Drakkel was good that way too, but Skyshrine and Thurgadin were pretty lame.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I thought Thurg was pretty fine for being a cave. I think whomever design skyshrine was high.
skyshrine2.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Thurg worked well as a functional city. It just sucked as a dungeon. Icewell Keep was where the action was. Thurg and Sky should have behaved exactly the same as Kael - multiple accessible bosses + all city functions.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
UT I know you feel Twitch streamers are basically early advertisement for developers but anecdotally there are several games I have purchased or avoided solely based on what I saw streamed. As a most recent example just watching some of the WoD streams was enough to remind me why I don't play WoW anymore and why I shouldn't impulse buy the new expac. OTHO the only reason I gave Dungeon of the Endless a try was what I saw on a stream because the review didn't catch me but I took a chance and what I saw looked like fine (and it was). Other notables I didn't buy because of Twitch streams include Farming Simulator (I have a thing for trashy sim games but this one was just too shitty even for me), Goat simulator (WTF was all that hype about?), Surgeon Simulator (just no.), Hearthstone (I know its F2P with in game option to pay if you want but I found I enjoy watching good players far more then playing it myself).

I'm currently playing Binding of Issacc: Rebirth and literally only got into it (after not getting into the original) because of what I saw in a Twitch stream. Now I'm halfway through the challenges and having a blast.

So TL;DR Twitch streamers may all be sellouts but you can still learn a lot about a game just watching them play it.

Edit: Now I am off to watch streams of DA:I and hopefully get an idea of it's gameplay without to many spoilers.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
UT I know you feel Twitch streamers are basically early advertisement for developers but anecdotally there are several games I have purchased or avoided solely based on what I saw stream. As a most recent exampe just watching some of the WoD streams was enough to remind me why I don't play WoW anymore and why I shouldn't impulse buy the new expac. OTHO the only reason gave Dungeon of the Endless a try was what I saw on a stream because the review didn't catch me but I took a chance and what I saw looked like fine (and it was). Other notables I didnt buy because of Twitch streams include Farming Simulator (I have a thing for trashy sim games but this one was just to shitty even for me), Goat simulator (WTF was all that hype about?), Surgeon Simulator (just no.), Hearthstone (I know its F2P with in game option to pay if you want but I found I enjoy watching good players far more then playing it myself).

I'm currently playing Binding of Issacc: Rebirth and literally only got into it (after not getting into the original) because of what I saw in a Twitch stream. Now I'm halfway through the challenges and having a blast.

So TL;DF Twitch streamers may all be sellouts but you can still learn a lot about a game just watching them play it.
Oh for sure. I do not think they are all sellouts. I think some are - Like Angry Joe who gets angry when the community gets angry and doesn't when they don't. I completely agree though. I have watched a few streams and some basically said do not buy this. I think those were streamers however that bought the game themselves and are low level on the totem pole as of now. Those are the best to watch.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Im just a couple hours in but no complaints thus far, it is linear in the beginning but thats to be expect very early on - I didnt get many voices to pick from (2) but game was only 20% downloaded when i started on XB1. Havent noticed any graphical anomalies or glitches yet but alas only 2 hours in.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh for sure. I do not think they are all sellouts. I think some are - Like Angry Joe who gets angry when the community gets angry and doesn't when they don't. I completely agree though. I have watched a few streams and some basically said do not buy this. I think those were streamers however that bought the game themselves and are low level on the totem pole as of now. Those are the best to watch.
Even Yatzee has toned it down over the years, but I think that has as much to do with the direct comments on his videos and him getting a little bit tired of the schtick as it does with being paid to write "good" reviews.

Like he just sounds bored during his MOREDOORS review, which I've read he was compensated to not be a shit about that game. More power to him if that's true, if we just HAVE to have advertising agents I much prefer someone with his wit than whatever bullshit bioware dreams up next. I'm not listening to his reviews in order to decide if I wanna buy a game. I'm listening to them because he's an entertaining essayist.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Maybe late to the game but the MP looks fantastic - like a dungeon crawl. Reminds me heavily of WoW dungeons. I loved ME3's MP so I am excited to try this one.

But holy cow, I didn't even finish COD yet, WoW just released, and the 18th is going to run my credit card ragged.

I did cancel my AC:U CE preorder because of reviews. =(

Eatbeast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Multiplayer looks fun, myself and a couple friends are buying this day 1. Didn't play ME3 MP but have heard good things. If it is trash I'll be sure to post a warning. #yolo

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Multiplayer basically looks like DDO.
Maybe a bit more modern, like NWO, but yeah kinda action mmo-ish. Didn't look particularily good to me but we'll see. Also the cash shop shit might not have been an issue in ME3, but that was mostly a matter of balancing. If they had balanced it otherwise, it would have been, so yeah, not hurrying into this.

Luckily I have a bunch of 3DS shit to play anyway and Valkyria Chronicles after that and Pillars of Eternity is sometimes soonish iirc, so like, whatever.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
How long does it take to unlock MP? Easily viable during the EA Access trial?

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have never played ME3 MP, does this allow for local coop play?
No local co-op.

How long does it take to unlock MP? Easily viable during the EA Access trial?
MP is unlocked from the start.

Hopefully I'm not the only one who enjoyed DDO multiplayer dungeons, and combat to some degree.

The big question for me is whether to nab this on PC or PS4....
If you get it for PS4 you can add me. I'm gonna be grinding pretty heavy starting Tuesday, I have 0 plans of playing single-player.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just noticed the game was up on my private tracker site. Really interested in hearing genuine reviews from players.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Doesnt matter until they figure out how to crack that Denuvo - I planned to pirate it so my saves would carry over to legit....Denied

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pre-loading for PS4 starts tomorrow afternoon. PC pre-load is already available.