Dragon Age: Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not really. Jews were the OG sky fairy grifters.

Romans saw how good their grift was with all the suicide bombers n shit at Masada. Figured damn after we wipe these guys off the map we can incorporate some of this bullshit into our own kids and make them fight a little harder.

Muslims I'm sure saw the same bullshit when they were taking over Jew lands and killing them off.
Not true, really. The root lies in ancient Mesopotamia with the Zoroastrianism faith. The first testament is what the Tribe started with. The second is a mix of carried old ancient Zoroastrian myths merged with stories about Jesus (which may or may not had some historical basis in fact) that got merged together 4 centuries after the death of Christ by a bunch of priests at their big conclave. The Second is SUPPOSED to supplant the first, but just like most religions people pick and choose what they want so you get shit like Leviticus and God being an asshole contrasted against the more peaceful constructive messages of the second, usually to push an agenda.

The Tribe took it in the ass from Hadrian because they tried to Pearl Harbor them and Rome was having none of that shit. Islam took it to them because fundamentally Islam and Judaism are alike in that both are really political systems masquerading as religions. Unfortunately for the Durkas, they went into decline and the Tribe is more experienced and pervasive with that racket. And believe it or not, the grudge they have against western society for what Hadrian did to them is why we have zipper tits and pronouns in this fucking gay as game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All those major religions have their own branches and sects and denominations. Gets back to that scene in one episode of Farscape where paraphrased it says religions don’t have wars, religious followers do. Ultimately it doesn’t matter what the religious text tenants do or do not say, that they boils down to how people interpret them and how they act on them

I too fall into the trap of “religion bad” many times when I actually mean specific followers of a specific interpretation of any given religion. And many power grifters cloak themselves in “divine direction” as a means of influencing the masses to do their bidding

So to answer your question: I’m not keeping score to tally up “worst”, but as a general rule if you are using religion as an excuse to harm others (directly or indirectly) and thinking god is nodding in approval for you doing that and will reward you for inflicting that harm, then that is a problem. “Prosperity Gospel” is a common domestic example of this - if I do X, then god rewards me while I am alive. While on paper that doesn’t sound too bad, the scope of what is considered “reward worthy” includes actions that move towards the harm envelope

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lots of Heresy in this thread atm.

He’s watching and listening

1727197552143.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It’s wild to read Cybsled’s posts and realize how far I’ve come. 10 years ago I was so small brain, but I certainly thought I was big brain.

Muh agnosticism, hurr! Look at me, I know all the things because I think people who believe in something are stupid!
The armor of contempt forged in ignorance and tempered in arrogance. Nothing can assail his dumbassery.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's not different than the Politically Correct movement in the late 80s/early 90s - people eventually got sick of it. Then conservatives thought "that means they want our shit!". Nope, people got sick of that shit too.

Amazing that most people fall in the middle and don't like extremes on either end

While I was growing up I was always against the "politically correct" movement on the right and thought it was obnoxious as hell.

...now it's the left doing it lol

People like me are essentially just sitting here wondering WTF happened at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
While I was growing up I was always against the "politically correct" movement on the right and thought it was obnoxious as hell.

People like me are essentially just sitting here wondering WTF happened at this point.

I never liked the religious right and I'm as conservative as can be.

I can take being around dumb religioncels much better than I can flaming homos though.

At least all those conservative girls saving themselves for marriage aren't out spreading hiv to anyone dumb enough to have sex with them.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

To add to this, growing up I was also strongly against the pro-war elements on the right.

So next they're gonna tell me that the left is the pro-war side now. ...oh wait.

The two sides have flipped in so many ways it's actually almost unbelievable. Then again, most people probably haven't noticed because they're busy focusing on abortion rights or something.

And believe it or not, the grudge they have against western society for what Hadrian did to them is why we have zipper tits and pronouns in this fucking gay as game.

That's what I've been thinking for a couple years now, Emperor Hadrian sowed that group with a seething hate of the west that has always undercut western governments.

See Spain 1490 or so for the results of a western state noticing this.

It's pretty damn interesting when you realize why Israel/Palestine is the way it is now. Both sides can make a "stolen land" argument and it's all because Hadrian decided to completely dumpster his opposition. Weird how we never, ever, ever hear anything about that guy yet we hear about Hitler on a daily basis.

Anyway, back to this stupid, shitty game that I won't play. Another waste of a game that'll be put out as bait so journalists can shame all of us when we don't buy it, as the endless circle of money-losing continues.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All I know is every time an anti-pedo bill comes up in some state, the first people to claim it harms them are troons. I’ll pass on Troon Age: Pedoguard

• 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Dont forget Titus took out a million of them and burned their big temple they liked to perform sacrifices at way before Hadrian got started. I just can't get enough Roman history.