Eating fish contaminated by Fukushima is probably ok

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
You think I'm stupid?

You think that every tuna fish in Pacific Ocean visits Fukushima specifically now for whatever reason.
I really hate being forced to agree with Tad, but that's not how it works. Big ass bluefins don't need to be anywhere near Fukushima to bioaccumulate rads. They are apex predators, every time a chemical or in this case, Cs 137, makes its way up the trophic ladder it bioaccumulates and becomes more concentrated in the predators higher up in the food web. Big fish eat little fish and all that.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You think I'm stupid?

You think that every tuna fish in Pacific Ocean visits Fukushima specifically now for whatever reason.
No I think the average PBFT has eaten smaller fish that have been exposed to radioactivity from fukushima or has eaten smaller fish that have eaten even smaller fish that have been exposed to radioactivity from fukushima.

A question to ask yourself is why we aren't currently testing fish for Cesium levels after finding that 15 out 15 Bluefin Tuna tested in May 2012 had high levels of cesium?

Radioactive bluefin tuna crossed the Pacific to US - Yahoo News

Edit. Damnit. Beaten by the beagle
frown.png

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I really hate being forced to agree with Tad, but that's not how it works. Big ass bluefins don't need to be anywhere near Fukushima to bioaccumulate rads. They are apex predators, every time a chemical or in this case, Cs 137, makes its way up the trophic ladder it bioaccumulates and becomes more concentrated in the predators higher up in the food web. Big fish eat little fish and all that.
I'm not denying that it happens (the question is to what degree I guess), that's been common knowledge since people been made aware of mercury in fish and obviously it extends to other elements. But that's not what tad is arguing. He provides these factoids from conspiracy sites that spout shit like "5x more than normal radiation!!" without any context

He is arguing that PBFT visits Japan and then swims back to West Coast where it gets caught and passes the radiation onto the consumer. Well yeah, the PBFT swim back and forth several times in their life across the Northern Pacific, thats their natural habitat. But guess what, the Pacific Ocean is a pretty big place. Even if you are in the north of it by Russia, Japan and China. I mean the Sea of Okhotsk by itself is the size of the entire Gulf of Mexico.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Is there a reason the elite will be in south africa this week? Do not say for Mandela?s funeral?maybe ours. The gold has been stolen, moved, and stored. Their D.U.M.B.S and tunnels have been sealed save the entrances. The seed banks are built and secured. They have foodstuffs stored and ready. (product recalls, freeze dried), trillions of cash have been printed and stashed at the ECB and regional Fed Reserve vaults. 12-15-13/01-14-14 seems to be the time frame.Prepare your souls?
We have 14 days, guys.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm not denying that, that's been common knowledge since people been made aware of mercury in fish and obviously it extends to other elements. But that's not what tad is arguing.

He is arguing that PBFT visits Japan and then swims back to West Coast where it gets caught and passes the radiation onto the consumer. Well yeah, the PBFT swim back and forth several times in their life across the Northern Pacific, thats their natural habitat. But guess what, the Pacific Ocean is a pretty big fucking place. Even if you are in the north of it by Russia, Japan and China. I mean the Sea of Okhotsk by itself is the size of the entire Gulf of Mexico.
rrr_img_55482.gif

Get this through your idiot skull: Pacific Bluefin Tuna go back and forth between Japan and the West Coast of the United States

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
With a brief recreational stop in Fukushima to load up on sweet sweet radiation that makes them as dangerous as a banana.

Terry The Tuna is quite a trooper by the way. He really hauled ass. I think most of them only do the trans-pacific run every 2 years

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Bleh, I'm sure there's not an imminent threat being posed by radioactive tuna, especially since Cs 137 has such a short half life, but it's just one more nail in the coffin of reasons not to eat Pacific bluefins or swordfish. Smoking, sugar, and alcohol are all detrimental to your health, cutting them out are steps one can take towards living a more healthy lifestyle, likewise, avoiding Pacific bluefins is probably another small step in living a healthier life, IMO.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
With a brief recreational stop in Fukushima to load up on sweet sweet radiation that makes them as dangerous as a banana.
I keep telling you - please, for the love of God, keep eating fish. Particularly Tuna or Swordfish. You are the last person on Earth - or at least this board - I would want to stop eating fish
biggrin.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I am officially throwing my hat into tad10's side of the issue on this Fukushima shit. My grandpa didn't trust those Japs after what they did in the Pacific the first time around and he wouldn't trust them now.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Bleh, I'm sure there's not an imminent threat being posed by radioactive tuna, especially since Cs 137 has such a short half life, but it's just one more nail in the coffin of reasons not to eat Pacific bluefins or swordfish. Smoking, sugar, and alcohol are all detrimental to your health, cutting them out are steps one can take towards living a more healthy lifestyle, likewise, avoiding Pacific bluefins is probably another small step in living a healthier life, IMO.
and my chicken is pumped with steroids, and my food is being grown with GMOs and i breathe polluted air

i shouldnt be doing any of that either. this fukushima stuff is similar to that

yeah its not great, of course. but people like tad are making it out to be some sort of grave calamity that will kill us all.

tad you'd probably get more radiation from one summer on jersey shore than you would had you eaten pacific tuna at normal intervals for the rest of your life.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't even like sushi, tad. I plan on living long enough to murder, cook, and eat you inside of your Montana bunker.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I am officially throwing my hat into tad10's side of the issue on this Fukushima shit. My grandpa didn't trust those Japs after what they did in the Pacific the first time around and he wouldn't trust them now.
Well if they want to fuck us over they can. They have three melted cores that aren't going anywhere anytime soon and something like 3,000 fuel rods to remove.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I don't even like sushi, tad. I plan on living long enough to murder, cook, and eat you inside of your Montana bunker.
Good luck with that Sebudai, though I suspect you're all bark, no bite.

@Araysar Keep on eating that Tuna.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
and my chicken is pumped with steroids, and my food is being grown with GMOs and i breathe polluted air

i shouldnt be doing any of that either
You can't not breathe. It's not that hard to find locally grown meats and produce that are hormone free and non-GMO. If you feel that eating steroid chicken is unhealthy and do it anyway then ok, life is all about choices and weighing risks, but why is avoiding Pacific tuna any different or more radical than avoiding milk with hormones?

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Tad, your site also had this article. What do you think about it?

rrr_img_55486.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
You can't not breathe. It's not that hard to find locally grown meats and produce that are hormone free and non-GMO. If you feel that eating steroid chicken is unhealthy and do it anyway then ok, life is all about choices and weighing risks. Why is avoiding Pacific tuna any different or more radical than avoiding milk with hormones?
its not, thats why i dont do it.

i suspect tad isnt living a 100% organic non-gmo no vice life either.

but he makes a whole thread for tuna and acts like this is the greatest crisis man has faced since obama was elected