Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Minority Report the movie absolutely 100% does not make sense. It was really disappointing reading the short story and having all of the problems I had with the movie fixed.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Vanilla sky was awesome, Valkerie was decent also. Ghost Protocol and the others mentioned were great also. As for oblivion, movie wasnt anything special but the sound and visuals were some of the best that year

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
guys you had better listen to etchazz he has friends that have PhDs in movie science
actually no, what i have are friends who are in the writers guild of america who have written some great scripts, and have great vision and novel ideas and i watch them get passed over time and again so hollywood can shit out another $200 million dollar abortion. i hope i'm wrong on this movie, but given cruise's track record as of late, i'm willing to take odds that it's going to disappoint.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
actually no, what i have are friends who are in the writers guild of america who have written some great scripts, and have great vision and novel ideas and i watch them get passed over time and again so hollywood can shit out another $200 million dollar abortion. i hope i'm wrong on this movie, but given cruise's track record as of late, i'm willing to take odds that it's going to disappoint.
Tell your "Friends" to stop trying to go through big studios. If they are really that "good" they can find work no problem and work up. But alas is probably not the case and more like most people who flock to California to be "Actors"(while they wait tables).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The best book on writing I've ever read (I've only read two books on writing) -

rrr_img_63557.jpg

Personally I don't give a fuck if Tom Cruise made a steaming pile of dog shit with this film. Yesterday I didn't know anything and after getting sent a link to the trailer I'm nearly finished with the audiobook and I think it's just great. I know a bunch of people that like this kind of sci-fi that I get to share it with.

You go ahead and cry about the kind of shit Hollywood makes. I've got another half-hour left of an awesome little power armor bug hunt romance novella to finish.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Sounds like your friends are typical failure millennials that blame everyone else for their shortcomings.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Sounds like your friends are typical failure millennials that blame everyone else for their shortcomings.
actually, my friends have written and sold several screenplays (hence the reason they're actually in the writer's guild). but while they write trash for studios to pay the bills, their original works continue to get passed over so hollywood can make another sequel or prequel or reboot. example: two of my friends recently wrote a coming of age comedy and shopped it around to several studios. one studio that was interested in buying it said "we really like the script and how realistic and down to earth it is, but we think it would be better if it involved an alien or a genie in a bottle. so if you're willing to rewrite it and add in that facet, we're interested in buying it." true story. this is the reason that hollywood is in the shape it's in. you have absolute fucking retards in charge of the studios, and then they wonder why they make flop after flop.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why would you go to major Hollywood studios to make an original, realistic, down-to-earth coming-of-age comedy? That's like trying to get EA to make Bear Simulator. There's different avenues popping up for a reason.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
actually, my friends have written and sold several screenplays (hence the reason they're actually in the writer's guild). but while they write trash for studios to pay the bills, their original works continue to get passed over so hollywood can make another sequel or prequel or reboot. example: two of my friends recently wrote a coming of age comedy and shopped it around to several studios. one studio that was interested in buying it said "we really like the script and how realistic and down to earth it is, but we think it would be better if it involved an alien or a genie in a bottle. so if you're willing to rewrite it and add in that facet, we're interested in buying it." true story. this is the reason that hollywood is in the shape it's in. you have absolute fucking retards in charge of the studios, and then they wonder why they make flop after flop.
This is absolutely not true and go fuck yourself for trying to lie.

You can hate on blockbusters all you want but I would sooner believe you have a 20 inch dick that sprays cum that tastes like juicy fruit over the bullshit lie that the response to a coming of age comedy was "alien or Genie".

You should feel bad about how stupid you are.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Thats one of those bullshit uran legends that every writer "knows someone this happened to swear to god"

Just like everyone in the navy went to boot camp with someone named Guzzler and a rank of Seaman.

Just like everyone who is a teacher in a black school had a student named Orange Jello and Lemon Jello

khalid

Unelected Mod
You can hate on blockbusters all you want but I would sooner believe you have a 20 inch dick that sprays cum that tastes like juicy fruit over the bullshit lie that the response to a coming of age comedy was "alien or Genie".
Counterpoint:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I finished the book and it was pretty good. Not amazing but it also is short enough to not overstay it's welcome. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes space marines and bug hunts.