Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally watched that and I doubt it. He spent probably four minutes try to get the zips to trigger. Guessing he’ll keep going til sub 5 minutes.

Whatever makes him happy. He seemed pretty mad at the end with that cringey outburst. I get the feeling he does this over and over again all day and should probably go outside at some point.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
For a female character I went with that hot dress from the bedroom in the capitol. Nothing else even gets close in the looks department from what I've seen
I think that dress looks stupid. Fias dress looks way better if you alter it
fiadress.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think that dress looks stupid. Fias dress looks way better if you alter it

20220309_180744.jpg

How does it look stupid? ...Is your character a dude?

But seriously, any shots of Altered Fia's Dress in action? All I can find is the inventory screen picture.

Edit: Is that it? Mehhhh, looked a lot shorter in the inventory image. I think mine's better

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I think cause all the female chars look so butch that dress is very unflattering

I agree with that, when I made my character it took way too long to find "female" models that weren't completely butch and masculine. Took some work to get her to look remotely feminine. Was very noticeable and annoying in this particular game.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How did we go from min/maxing magic damage from staves to dress up barbie? The shame...

Anyway I'm on team deathbed dress.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
There are staves for basically every sorcery school. What Pemulos is talking about is main handing Lusats staff, which boosts all sorceries AND has the best sorcery scaling and off handing Meteorite staff, but using R1 to cast rock sling instead of L1

Lusats also has a hidden +40 dex for spell casting speed, so with 30 dex and that you are at the cap, iirc.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been adventuring around getting maps and enough stones to upgrade the weapon, flasks and Wolf summon a bit. But I have truly lost my gaming skills playing modern "easy" games. My old ass need to relearn a lot it seems. I always come back to my safe spot in this game to reflect and kill easy guards all the while that huge ass guy on the horse taunts me...

I saw a guide on cheesing him on the horse but I always end up getting smashed by one hit.

eldenring.png

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Been adventuring around getting maps and enough stones to upgrade the weapon, flasks and Wolf summon a bit. But I have truly lost my gaming skills playing modern "easy" games. My old ass need to relearn a lot it seems. I always come back to my safe spot in this game to reflect and kill easy guards all the while that huge ass guy on the horse taunts me...

I saw a guide on cheesing him on the horse but I always end up getting smashed by one hit.

View attachment 407577

Same situation so I made the mage azur comet build, after 140ish hours on it skills are good enough to play any build.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 407577
One thing that can help on horse mobs is they all swing on their right side. So you can usually get in 1-2 safe shots by getting on their left side. They have shield attacks on their left but they’re slower to use them and they aren’t huge arcs like their weapon attacks.

You can also usually dart in after a swing on their right, because they don’t really swing like mad, they swing then usually just ride for a bit before swinging again. You’re good to just dart away as soon as you see any kind of wind up because unlike ground bosses they don’t wind up then lunge at you when they swing, they just wind up and swing at nothing when on a horse.

Once you get one mounted guy down you can basically use that same strat on every mounted guy except a couple exceptions who use lightning magic too. Practice on the mounted easy guys to the East of the first ruins you came across East of stormveil. If you get them down you have the pattern of darting in and out. Then you could practice on the night cavalry guy that spawns near there too (only at night). If you can get him you get a nice looking flail, and if you can get him you can get your nemesis in your photo there.

• 1Like

Aazrael

What determines how far you can follow the glowing way point? Does it end at a boss that wipe his ass with your corpse? Or will the trash mobs own you before that?

I've been to a few dungeons going off grid but usually get killed in them. Haven't really followed the glow further than the first ruin with guards.

And once you do get to a "wall" what's the best way to get a better chance at clearing it? Leveling up stat points or gear? Besides "git gud".

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What determines how far you can follow the glowing way point? Does it end at a boss that wipe his ass with your corpse? Or will the trash mobs own you before that?

I've been to a few dungeons going off grid but usually get killed in them. Haven't really followed the glow further than the first ruin with guards.

And once you do get to a "wall" what's the best way to get a better chance at clearing it? Leveling up stat points or gear? Besides "git gud".
Don’t follow glow arrows, they’re just pointing to a shard bearer. Wander around at will. I wish you could just remove those arrows honestly.

Hitting a wall the best thing to do is go wander around, get some levels, maybe find a new weapon/summon/spell in your wandering. Git gud helps too but leveling is going to help…more damage, more life, more stamina, etc.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Molten Core Raider
Anyone know what bracers she's wearing in these shots? They go well with the dress, and equipping literally anything else would be a substantial stat buff.
I think those are the Blue Silver Bracelets. They drop from the asshole Albinauric archers in the Consecrated Snowfield (up around Ordina)

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Spent another half hour banging my head in her stupid phase 2......realized that you can only freeze pot two times before her resistance goes up too high to interrupt.

I had a flawless phase 1 but used 2 pots for it, got her below half and I reacted in time, watched in horror as she ate that shit and kept on flurrying. Ugh, new plan is to run from the first one and try and be aggressive enough to not let her have more than 2 more fits of rage.

She would be a perfect boss if it wasn't for that one retarded move :(

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I still think you’re just letting her get too many off. The run I beat her on she only attempted it once, and I smacked her at the right time and interrupted it. Beat the shit out of her aggressively and stagger her to the point she never gets one off.

I had more trouble with the fucking flower move, I’d struggle to unlock targeting fast enough to run out of its range.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I still think you’re just letting her get too many off. The run I beat her on she only attempted it once, and I smacked her at the right time and interrupted it. Beat the shit out of her aggressively and stagger her to the point she never gets one off.

I had more trouble with the fucking flower move, I’d struggle to unlock targeting fast enough to run out of its range.

My weapon is only +20 but I dont have any stones to upgrade further, I've gotten more aggressive overall but I swear some attempts she does 2 of them in less than 30 seconds, so it definitely is partly RNG fucking me.

I'm jump attack punishing her when possible and even staggering her that way at times, but I'm still super scared of that attack so around half health and all of P2 I'm holding back due to fear.

I make it to P2 now about 2 out of 4 or 5 attempts though, so I am slowly improving.

I know I could go to the fire giant and progress the game more to make it easier but I made it my mission to not do anything else until the bitch dies. If people can do it at level 1 I should be able to kill her at 110+

• 1Like

Aazrael

Whats a good controller to buy for this game? The PS4 controller is having issues with the left stick when clicking it and the trigger buttons seems to be giving out. Xbox elite controller 2 popped up but at 200 bucks it felt a bit much. Bluetooth prefered but not sure if its worth it?