Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm convinced they buffed Malenia. I didn't have nearly this much trouble with her on my original character (STR build). I can avoid her anime attack pretty consistently now but the host of other quick attacks just gives her too much healing over time, and she wrecks me during the second phase. Her staggers and interrupts are also weirdly inconsistent. She heals too much off a summons for it to be of any use.

Oddly, I haven't had ONE coop partner in 20 or so tries live past her first phase so I don't know WTF is going on there. It doesn't really bother me or anything since I'm just trying her for 20-30 mins a night before buggering off to do something else; but I just can't really understand why I'm finding it so tough this time round. All the other bosses are dead. I'm using a STR/DEX build alternating between Dark Moon Blade and Moonveil with throwing in some spells when I feel like it. Curious.

Just started a FAITH/STR run through and I guess that will probably be it until DLC.

Honestly Im right there with you, though I haven't beaten her yet, I have P1 down to a science and can generally dodge all or 80% of her flurry, but for some reason P2 flurry generally happens faster and I can't maintain the same distance in time.

Plus, those stupid ghost summons suck to dodge too, I usually dodge them all only to be skewered by Malenia's stab at the end.

I've gotten her to 20% or so as my best attempt but fucked up a dodge and then, what do ya know, waterfowl as I'm recovering.

Bout to get bloodhound step and call it a win, stupid bitch ;)

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bout to get bloodhound step and call it a win, stupid bitch ;)
supercheese.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How does one go about doing this?
NG.

I thought about doing some file saving before big bosses to where I could go replay them over and over if I wanted. Would be kind of cool to have a cache of saves for major bosses.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Also, drinking after work I can see my reaction speed getting slowly worse after a few beers, also makes me more mad.

I can dodge that shit pretty consistently in P1 but P2 seems different for some reaspn not sure if it's just nerves or it really is. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
someone mod'd the mask off sorceress/senpai sellen

2e29yf4lx4t81.jpg

that was one trippy quest, especially the end

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This video unmasks a ton of NPCs. I thought it was interesting From spent the time to bother making them all so different.

Yeah Sellens ending was interesting. Makes me wonder who all those similar mobs are/ came from. One of those things was guarding the ruins she was ice captured in.

• 2Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ive seen that guy pop up when helping people with her but didnt let him solo. Imo the most surprising thing about that video is the fact no one got returned to their world in a 9min fight

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Turning and using emotes to wave at the onlookers mid fight was hilarious. So disrespectful to that bitch lol

How in the fuck does he dodge at close range like that? Is there some talisman that makes your rolls have better i frames? I dont think I've ever avoided 100% damage in close proximity, in fact 90% of the time if I survive I have a sliver of health, dude has skills!

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
distance doesnt matter if you time the dodges right and do them in the right direction. if she starts waterfowl dance and youre close enough for the first burst to hit you, you dodge away, towards, towards. If you are far enough away to sprint away from the first burst, you can usually dodge away from the 2nd burst and always towards on the 3rd. I usually get clipped a little bit if she starts it in melee range too tho(but not always), I think there is a trinket that gives you a few extra iframes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How in the fuck does he dodge at close range like that? Is there some talisman that makes your rolls have better i frames? I dont think I've ever avoided 100% damage in close proximity, in fact 90% of the time if I survive I have a sliver of health, dude has skills!
Well if you have the lowest weight rating you roll better. I told you armor doesn’t really matter!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I fucking did it!!!! Probably took around 6 hours of my life but I did it.

Not naked, but no bloodhound step and medium roll weight, you'll see I took long towards the end of P1 to try and make it so she didnt do the flurry for a bit, didn't really work though. Some sloppiness but I am so fucking glad it's over, bring on the cheese gifs, but fuck that cunt.

• 11Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users