Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
distance doesnt matter if you time the dodges right and do them in the right direction. if she starts waterfowl dance and youre close enough for the first burst to hit you, you dodge away, towards, towards. If you are far enough away to sprint away from the first burst, you can usually dodge away from the 2nd burst and always towards on the 3rd. I usually get clipped a little bit if she starts it in melee range too tho(but not always), I think there is a trinket that gives you a few extra iframes.

Seriously? I'll have to try that on my next playthrough, at close range I always dodged forward for the first one, maybe that was my problem!!

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
That’s a great idea. Someone make Let Me Finger Her and make this happen:
f915881374678e760878f78033b386a1bbd79349.jpg

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody else experienced similar issues to the linked video below? This is taken from a phone, recording PC footage. Interestingly Shadowplay does not capture the degradation seen in the video. I've tried all the recommended 'fixes' regarding vsync and such, as well as changing refresh rates, to no avail.

Video Example:

There are a few interesting constants here:

1. This only occurs in full screen. When adjusting setting to borderless windowed it goes away.
    1. Resolution 3840x2160 | Video Settings are all set to maximum (minus bloom which is disabled)
  2. On a fresh boot, it runs fine for about an hour or two at which point this will start occurring randomly. There is no obvious trigger. Possibly memory and/or cache related?
  3. This occurs on Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 as well. No other game in my library exhibits these problems.

Specs:

• Mobo: ASRock X570 Taichi WIFI - BM-X570TAI-ARA
  • Ram: Team T-FORCE XTREEM ARGB 4000MHz - 16 GB × 2
  • Video: Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti Gaming OC 12G - BG-3080C12-GB0 × 1
  • Proc: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 3.4GHz - BC-R9595X0-AM0 × 1
  • SSD 1 & 2: Seagate FireCuda 520 Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition - B2-207701T-SG0 × 2
  • SSD 3: Samsung 970 EVO Plus - 500GB × 1
  • Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ 43” 4K HDR DSC (connected via DP (v1.4))

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Haven't been able to play for a day or two due to the DS4 controller being so bad, I think the last rage toss I did messed it up. Got a new controller now and its a Xbox style this time with 4 paddles which is something new to me.

On to a game question, whats a good weapon upgrade level to aim for while still running lost in Limgrave? I got the katana to +4 and thinking of running and getting another one to dual wield. Also got the skeleton armor that regens a bit of hp when low, but not sure I like the look of it.

• 1Double Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't been able to play for a day or two due to the DS4 controller being so bad, I think the last rage toss I did messed it up. Got a new controller now and its a Xbox style this time with 4 paddles which is something new to me.

On to a game question, whats a good weapon upgrade level to aim for while still running lost in Limgrave? I got the katana to +4 and thinking of running and getting another one to dual wield. Also got the skeleton armor that regens a bit of hp when low, but not sure I like the look of it.
If you’re just kind of staying in the early areas +4 is good. That’s what you naturally find all the way through liurnia / raya lucaria. Once you move past there you’ll start getting stones 4, 5, 6.

Also the armor bonus is per set piece you’re wearing, so you could just wear the gloves to get the passive regen. Since it only works when you’re really low on health it’s not super useful anyways.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you’re just kind of staying in the early areas +4 is good. That’s what you naturally find all the way through liurnia / raya lucaria. Once you move past there you’ll start getting stones 4, 5, 6.

Also the armor bonus is per set piece you’re wearing, so you could just wear the gloves to get the passive regen. Since it only works when you’re really low on health it’s not super useful anyways.
Thanks! The armor is better protection against some stuff compared to Samurai starter armor so I might use it for a bit. Still practicing on easy mobs to get the combat down. Im so damn rusty after playing shit on very easy for the longest time. I'm improving though and now I need to get used to the xbox controller a bit. I did get the Tree Sentinel down just now though, so thats progress. :)

I followed some tips that you should get 18str 18dex and then went to like 25 dex while staying at 18 str. Now that I got the Golden Halberdo that I can't use I thought I might ask how I should think about stats. Is it worth upping str and dex at the same time or do you need to chose one of them for the weapon type you have?

I also put some points into health besides str/dex.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Thanks! The armor is better protection against some stuff compared to Samurai starter armor so I might use it for a bit. Still practicing on easy mobs to get the combat down. Im so damn rusty after playing shit on very easy for the longest time. I'm improving though and now I need to get used to the xbox controller a bit. I did get the Tree Sentinel down just now though, so thats progress. :)

I followed some tips that you should get 18str 18dex and then went to like 25 dex while staying at 18 str. Now that I got the Golden Halberdo that I can't use I thought I might ask how I should think about stats. Is it worth upping str and dex at the same time or do you need to chose one of them for the weapon type you have?

Its going to depend on what weapon and what its stat scaling is. If its Str C scaling and Dex D scaling, focus more on str, and vice versa

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Did they fix golden halberd secretly scaling with every stat?

You used to get + damage (hidden) on it for every stat you gained, even vigor and mind.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

The stats in ER are on a bell curve in power. So the first points you’re putting towards something are small gains, then they become big gains, then the start getting smaller again. So it’s best to just get the minimum needed for whatever weapon you decide to use, then focus on whatever it scales highest with. If it’s a C str, D dex weapon, then you’d focus on str once you’ve fulfilled the minimum stat req. if it’s A faith, B dex…you’d focus on faith, etc S is the best and there aren’t a lot of S scales in the game. If it’s D str D dex, go for one or the other, since it’s bell curved it’s better to focus on on rather than spread it evenly. There are several soft caps throughout the stats but you’re not high enough level to worry about those for a long while.

Your other stats, health, FP, endurance just focus on those as you need them. Need more FP to cast some summon you want to use? Focus on it til you get it. Dying too much? Health.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your other stats, health, FP, endurance just focus on those as you need them. Need more FP to cast some summon you want to use? Focus on it til you get it. Dying too much? git gud fgt.
ftfy

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Anybody else experienced similar issues to the linked video below? This is taken from a phone, recording PC footage. Interestingly Shadowplay does not capture the degradation seen in the video. I've tried all the recommended 'fixes' regarding vsync and such, as well as changing refresh rates, to no avail.

1. This only occurs in full screen. When adjusting setting to borderless windowed it goes away.
    1. Resolution 3840x2160 | Video Settings are all set to maximum (minus bloom which is disabled)
  2. On a fresh boot, it runs fine for about an hour or two at which point this will start occurring randomly. There is no obvious trigger. Possibly memory and/or cache related?
  3. This occurs on Sekiro and Dark Souls 3 as well. No other game in my library exhibits these problems.

First thing I'd try is clean driver install. go download DDU, boot into Windows safe mode, completely uninstall your old GPU drivers, run DDU, clean wipe, reboot, and install the latest GPU drivers and see if that fixes it.

If it still happens its likely your GPU is simply overheating, run something like GPUZ to see temps in ER vs other games. I had that kinda stuff happen on my previous PC, weird artifacting and shit back in the wow days and cleaning dust out of the system and improving cooling helped for a while but eventually I had to replace the GPU (or maybe your PSU isn't beefy enough).

One of the many reasons I only game on consoles now, I don't need to deal with drivers and updates and windows and shit, just boot my console and play.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Video Example:

Specs:

• Mobo: ASRock X570 Taichi WIFI - BM-X570TAI-ARA
  • Ram: Team T-FORCE XTREEM ARGB 4000MHz - 16 GB × 2
  • Video: Gigabyte GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti Gaming OC 12G - BG-3080C12-GB0 × 1
  • Proc: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core 3.4GHz - BC-R9595X0-AM0 × 1
  • SSD 1 & 2: Seagate FireCuda 520 Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition - B2-207701T-SG0 × 2
  • SSD 3: Samsung 970 EVO Plus - 500GB × 1
  • Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG43UQ 43” 4K HDR DSC (connected via DP (v1.4))

I've had it stutter and freeze even up till now. I've tried none of the fixes and just yell at it and restart.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Lol - this dude makes it his mission to kill Malenia over and over and over and over again. And tells everyone else to get out of his way.

• 4Repost
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lol - this dude makes it his mission to kill Malenia over and over and over and over again. And tells everyone else to get out of his way.

Yeah we’re making a FOH version soon. Scroll back a few dozen posts to see the plan.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Oops sorry didn't know this was posted. I am old.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dark moon Greatsword melts faces and staggers bosses like they're little bitches

• 1Truth!

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole

Read an article they did with him, said it took him like 242 tries to kill her the 1st time, now he has killed her about 400 times.

• 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users