Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Beat Malenia and took about 3 tries. Used cold ugi (+25) and rivers (+10). Just kept on her and stunning her and when she'd get out for a bit just did it all over again. Almost had her the first time but she destroyed me in phase two with about 30% of her health left. Went ham on the Mimic and gained most of it back. He died and then she went for dessert on me.

Went ahead and beat the get after that but hated the final boss. Died to that more than anything else. Get a few shots in then it'd rain it's holy/light thing on top of me, which I can't see thanks to the camera placement, and one shot me. Chasing it around was frustrating then having to do the run up to the 'door' and cut scenes was annoying. I may choose to go and platinum (did Ranni's ending) but not any time soon.

Depending on the achievements you got the first time around (All legendary's) it literally takes 3 hours to plow through to the end of the game from, the start. ESPECIALLY NG 1 - you are a wrecking ball to the point it is almost comical. If you want plat, I would do frenzied ending 2nd and then plow through again a 3rd time for the main ending. You would be surprised at how fast you can get through NG1 and NG2.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Depending on the achievements you got the first time around (All legendary's) it literally takes 3 hours to plow through to the end of the game from, the start. ESPECIALLY NG 1 - you are a wrecking ball to the point it is almost comical. If you want plat, I would do frenzied ending 2nd and then plow through again a 3rd time for the main ending. You would be surprised at how fast you can get through NG1 and NG2.
Yeah, think you guys were mentioning that elsewhere in here. I just need to get back to life for a bit. I haven't looked at play time and I'm unsure if I want to. Wife went, oh you beat that game with the huge map... good for you. Hundreds of hours and what do you have to show for it? She wasn't impressed with wave of life from the sword for some rune farming after. Killjoy.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, think you guys were mentioning that elsewhere in here. I just need to get back to life for a bit. I haven't looked at play time and I'm unsure if I want to. Wife went, oh you beat that game with the huge map... good for you. Hundreds of hours and what do you have to show for it? She wasn't impressed with wave of life from the sword for some rune farming after. Killjoy.
Yeah cause watching Netflix or whatever her stupid fucking hobby is is so much more fulfilling.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
Yeah cause watching Netflix or whatever her stupid fucking hobby is is so much more fulfilling.
She's outside fixing and painting cabinets so her hobbies aren't too shabby. She prefers Mario Maker and things like that when it comes to games. She was just giving me shit.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Well today it let me kill Maliketh on my first try, only thing I changed was my weapon. (Switched from golden halberd to my blood longsword to speed up P2, didn't realize it's short reach made P1 take forever, kept whiffing from point-blank range on the Clergyman).

I think it's finally time to finish my first playthrough but I did want to go back to a couple of dungeons, especially the dual crucible knights one.......the dungeon sucked but I think with my parry skills I should be able to beat them, think thats the one with those chariots right? Not looking forward to it but its on my checklist haha, such a great game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Elden Ring loses a lot of its "magic" on the 2nd playthrough, in my opinion. I'd say that 75% of the fun I had was from just blindly exploring, discovering caves, tombs and useful loot. There is none of that on my 2nd playthrough, as it's completely pointless to revisit all that optional content(unless I want another copy of a specific item). It doesn't detract from my love of the game, but I'm finding no incentive at all for more playthroughs.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Elden Ring loses a lot of its "magic" on the 2nd playthrough, in my opinion. I'd say that 75% of the fun I had was from just blindly exploring, discovering caves, tombs and useful loot. There is none of that on my 2nd playthrough, as it's completely pointless to revisit all that optional content(unless I want another copy of a specific item). It doesn't detract from my love of the game, but I'm finding no incentive at all for more playthroughs.
The fun in the 2nd play through is showing the early game bosses that used to push you around your fancy new skills and gear

• 4Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I think Ubisoft is too far down the “This formula made $X and we’re happy with that, don’t fuck with it” risk aversion path to learn much from ER.
Yeah, Ubisoft/Ea and all their ilk are never going to change their format because it makes them money hand over fist just rereleasing the same shit on a yearly schedule. There’s plenty of other larger developers like insomniac that change their formula up and put out quality games who hopefully take a page from ER.

251E584E-73BF-4436-A059-90C90001E191.jpeg

• 11Worf
  • 1Splash the Pot
  • 1Like
Reactions: 12 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

That's fucking awesome, really want to grab a new music / gaming PC but every time I get close something comes up and I need to start saving again.

This mod looks badass and I hope I can try it someday soon, definitely the coop experience I'd want for this game.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
From should just add that mode themselves. Would be an amazing first experience.

• 4Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
ERVR is going to be nuts, so much vertigo inducing shit in the game lol

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean, I’d argue that Nintendo got pretty close. It wasn’t this hard, but BotW still had a pretty decent difficulty curve but you could smash most of the game at the end. Doubt you can here. However I’d argue that BotW had a little more exploratory freedom. Heck, I think I’d have to imagine the devs of each game are nodding in respect at each other.

by and large, I’ve gotten bored in almost any other open world game. Horizon was good but I still didn’t really feel “wow” like I have this and BotW. In fact, I’d argue the fights in horizon were much less fun than anything here despite being easier.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think Ubisoft is too far down the “This formula made $X and we’re happy with that, don’t fuck with it” risk aversion path to learn much from ER.
AC origins is kinda proof that's not really true, where they reimagined the franchise for better or worse.

• 1Pathetic

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Is there anyway to duplicate save files for multiple endings on PC? Wanted to just do a single run, at the last boss with 120 hours played, have every ending unlocked, but can’t figure out how to duplicate the save file so I don’t have to NG+, not the end of the world, but would be easier

spronk

FPS noob
Is there anyway to duplicate save files for multiple endings on PC? Wanted to just do a single run, at the last boss with 120 hours played, have every ending unlocked, but can’t figure out how to duplicate the save file so I don’t have to NG+, not the end of the world, but would be easier

yeah its in %appdata% \ Roaming \ EldenRing, just copy the save files somewhere else, do your shit, and restore the save files. Video if you don't know what that line means

I did it on PS5 (just turn off save auto sync and download from cloud saves) and did all the endings in a single run, I'd save the flame one for last since its the one thats most different from the others, including where you have to be. 3 of the endings are basically the same thing too, I think there are only 2 or 3 trophy/achievement -related endings.

I do wonder if someone has figured out a new secret ending, i finished the game over a month ago and never looked but I know people were speculating about another secret ending

• 1Solidarity