Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess I hit a Git Gud wall. Can't even get a fucking hit in on the Elden Beast. I hate fighting the huge bosses. I feel it's too damn hard to aim/hit.

Are you manually targeting or using lock on? I tend to manually with the larger bosses as the lock on gets funky switching between body parts

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
None of the endings were all that spectacular. They were all what, a 20 second cinematic that just shows what color the skies and leaves are while you rule. All their games endings are just an open ended short cinematic that doesn’t really tell you anything.

With Ranni's ending you get at least a few seconds of interaction, so I expected that for the Fia ending as well. That's fine if they can't do the Ranni thing for every ending, but sheesh.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So how do the endings work? Do you basically unlock different final choices that you can make when beating the game?

I've been working through some of the different quests and I didn't know if completing one for say Ranni supersedes a different possible ending automatically.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So how do the endings work? Do you basically unlock different final choices that you can make when beating the game?

I've been working through some of the different quests and I didn't know if completing one for say Ranni supersedes a different possible ending automatically.
If you have completed all the quests related to the endings then when it ends you have options on which one you want to do (except for one). This is how people plat it in one play through. Get to the end, log out before you make any choice, save your save folder somewhere else. Log back in and make a choice. Once done, log out and copy your save folder back over your live one, putting you at the point to make a choice again.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

The only automatic superseding is the Frenzy Flame ending. If you've unlocked it, it will take precedence with no choice (this is reversible with the Milicent questline). Every other ending can be unlocked during play, and you can make the final decision at the last moment.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I tried switching to the Greatsword with tentacle arms from the snake dude, that shoots fireshit. Going STR build instead of the INT build I was using. The sword is +9 as I don't have a Dragonstone for it yet. I had a little more trouble with Radagon but both me and the Mimic survived a lot better for some reason to the Elden Beast. Well I got this close (picture below) and after a few more shots at it I decided to go back to the Moon Sword build but I am a lot more squishy then with the same armor etc. I did switch a few Talismans but nothing that would make me survive a lot better. Not sure why I take so much dmg with the INT build unless I don't understand the stats.

I might as well consider I beat the game now and watch the youtubes... kinda tilted after that one.

fuck.png

• 1Wow!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I tried switching to the Greatsword with tentacle arms from the snake dude, that shoots fireshit. Going STR build instead of the INT build I was using. The sword is +9 as I don't have a Dragonstone for it yet. I had a little more trouble with Radagon but both me and the Mimic survived a lot better for some reason to the Elden Beast. Well I got this close (picture below) and after a few more shots at it I decided to go back to the Moon Sword build but I am a lot more squishy then with the same armor etc. I did switch a few Talismans but nothing that would make me survive a lot better. Not sure why I take so much dmg with the INT build unless I don't understand the stats.

I might as well consider I beat the game now and watch the youtubes... kinda tilted after that one.

View attachment 409764
Equip the holy defense talisman and you can just ape your way through that fight.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 409764
Are you wearing holy protection talisman (+2) and using holy protection spell?

Aazrael

Are you wearing holy protection talisman (+2) and using holy protection spell?
I did use the normal holy protection on the str build. But I think I also tried that on the moon build. Might chase down the better version if I try again.

And maybe get a few levels trying the haligtree.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I did use the normal holy protection on the str build. But I think I also tried that on the moon build. Might chase down the better version if I try again.

Haligtree is pretty great if you want to farm levels, there's a spot where theres like 8 or so ppl most with their backs turned, for me I was able to backstab them and then kill them with a charged attack as they were standing up. Think it was almost 20k in about 2 mins if not more runes.

I'm sure it's nowhere near as fast as the bird farm or whatever, but it was pretty easy and the couple roamers gave me parry practice every reset as well.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Can probably get it done with just the spell if you aren’t using it. I only used the talisman, didn’t use the spell. I agree the fight sucks, chasing him constantly was annoying.

Aazrael

Can probably get it done with just the spell if you aren’t using it. I only used the talisman, didn’t use the spell. I agree the fight sucks, chasing him constantly was annoying.
Got the +2 but failed even worse now. Must be some RNG that mess me up. Feels easy sometimes and ultra hard sometimes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got the +2 but failed even worse now. Must be some RNG that mess me up. Feels easy sometimes and ultra hard sometimes.
Yep, it is, some fights I’d get close, some I’d get buttfucked. All depended on which attacks he decided to fire off.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Yeah unfortunately this is the case with Elden Beast. 1st fight ever. EB down to 5% - six hours later including other summons etc I kept getting my ass kicked. Plat now and obviously killed this fucker 3 times now :)

spronk

FPS noob
Just got a PS5. Anyone know if I can use my PS4 save game on the PS5 version of Elden Ring?

on the main menu of the PS5 version of ER there is an option at the bottom to transfer your save, it'll import your local PS4 save and let you continue from wherever the save point is with all your items, spells, etc. Trophies do NOT auto pop so any bosses you killed etc will have to be redone in a NG+ if you want to plat the game. You can transfer anytime but its one way, PS4->PS5.

Personally what I did was platinum the game on one run on the PS4 version (on a PS5), since it runs at a stable locked 60 fps. Then I started a NG+ and imported THAT save from the start point into my PS5, sometime in the future when I want to play the game again I'll play on the PS5 version, kill everything again, and double platinum the game. For a while the PS5 version of the game was not the one to play due to performance issues, but i think they've fixed that by now.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m playing the PS5 version and haven’t seen much of any performance issues aside from a weird crash when trying to invade.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Luckily it’s small. Just run to the various POIs to get the gear out of there then gtfo
I just beat the dragon kin warrior. Ended up running up on the platform ruins behind him and just shooting arrows down.

Jesus though it's just having to use the cleanse flame spell constantly and then the stupid toad monsters blast me with their death poison.

I was trying to explore every nook and cranny in the area, died way over in a corner leaving a bunch of runes and just had fuck it. Made it to the next grace point.

I mean I guess it's kind of fun, but it's just hectic running around trying to monitor a stupid rot build up. Definitely the most annoying area I've been to so far.

According to you guys though, it sounds like it's nothing compared to the haligtree...yay

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users