Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
For sure, once I hugged his side, it got so much easier. There's really only one move you have to watch out for when doing that.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I've yet to beat the Caelid Bell Bearing Hunter. He's aggressive AF and hits like a truck.

Lions claw. The elden ring cheat code. If anything is giving you trouble take any s scaling str great/collosol weapon, the higher the enchantment the better. Stack str. Stack str tear, flame shroud tear, fire scorp charm, give it fire affinity when you put on the ash. Any other charms that boost str or fire. Or stuff like ritual sword talisman that boost everything.

Runner up for me is ruins greatsword. Easy to +10 early since it's somber and the ash just levels smaller opponents every hit. It's not quite as good as the blasphemous blade since it's magic based instead of fire based, but it still hits like a truck at +10 somber and will level stuff from far away. You can +10 ruins greatsword very easy before you even get into the capitol. You could grab blasphemous blade early from rykard but not without skipping some of the invasion quests.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Once you have cleared Two Princes (or gotten the backdoor elevator to them) farming that long stair run in reverse is really easy and great XP. I generally always farm it to extinction on plays of DS3.

That sounds a lot more interesting than the sleep-inducing grind I found of slaying that one magus right by Nameless King's door and running back and forth to the bonfire. With Covetous Ring +3, Shield of Want, that ridiculous Mimic helmet, and switching weapons to the Mendicant Staff right as the magus dies, I get like 7000 exp every time (it's like 1800 without those things I think) and the loop only takes like 20 seconds. Which comes out to a level every 3 minutes or so but it's pretty damn mind-numbing. I only did it for a little while because it put me to sleep.

I'll try the stair run in reverse thing. I finished Ashes of Ariandel and Dreg Heap outside of the bosses, so basically all I have left is the double Demon of Hatred, Nameless King, Sister Friede, and all of Ringed City. Demons aren't too bad, almost got it a couple times. Nameless King I haven't even figured out how to fight, and Sister Friede is full beastmode. In most of the From games she would be the game's toughest fight. Malenia and Sword Saint are tougher, maybe Orphan. In DS3 I think she's like #3 or 4 which is kinda nuts.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That sounds a lot more interesting than the sleep-inducing grind I found of slaying that one magus right by Nameless King's door and running back and forth to the bonfire. With Covetous Ring +3, Shield of Want, that ridiculous Mimic helmet, and switching weapons to the Mendicant Staff right as the magus dies, I get like 7000 exp every time (it's like 1800 without those things I think) and the loop only takes like 20 seconds. Which comes out to a level every 3 minutes or so but it's pretty damn mind-numbing. I only did it for a little while because it put me to sleep.

I'll try the stair run in reverse thing. I finished Ashes of Ariandel and Dreg Heap outside of the bosses, so basically all I have left is the double Demon of Hatred, Nameless King, Sister Friede, and all of Ringed City. Demons aren't too bad, almost got it a couple times. Nameless King I haven't even figured out how to fight, and Sister Friede is full beastmode. In most of the From games she would be the game's toughest fight. Malenia and Sword Saint are tougher, maybe Orphan. In DS3 I think she's like #3 or 4 which is kinda nuts.

The soul farm I remember using in DS3 was the stairs in Anor Londo leading up to the old Ornstein/Smough boss room. There's 2-3 silver knights there that I found very easy to backstab to death quickly.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've yet to beat the Caelid Bell Bearing Hunter. He's aggressive AF and hits like a truck.
He’s one I got the eye from the wife when I yelled out after winning. It was after kids were in bed. She was in the right. But fuck yeah. Beat that cunt. The hunter.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

IIRC there are 3 fights in all of ER that I never actually won: The last Bell Bearing Hunter (can't remember where but it's like, the 4th and final one), the two giant Iron Maiden things (never found my way back to them), and the two Cleanrot Knights in that one Caelid dungeon (again, lost and never found my way back to that area). There may have also been one or two dungeons with death-chariots that I noped out of.

Never got the Gold Scarab, making sure to get it on this run. Got up to Altus Plateau the last few mornings. Can't beat the Cleanrot Knights yet. Did take down Godrick and Rennala. There's like nobody to summon anymore for any of the bosses which is surprising after playing this so much in 2022 and seeing summon signs everywhere.

Plan is to get up to where Radahn and Mohg are the next two fights and do them after the DLC goes up, getting some levels in the meantime and hopefully being at least 100ish on Wednesday. Would also like to get my trusty old Rivers of Blood back. No idea if I'll make it in time, we'll see. Also trying to fit some DS3 in and finish that off since I basically just have a few fights left, though it'll probably have to wait until after SOTE.

Edit: We have any confirmation that Radahn and Mohg are both necessary to access the DLC? And is it safe to take them out before launch? Waiting till after for Mohg in particular to see if he has any new dialogue or if the scene changes.

Last edited:

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I think the hardest fight in the game is the 2 knights cavalry guarding the wagon in Consecrated Snowfield. I beat everything in the game fairly easily except them. Those I had to break their AI. And I really gave them a good go. Fought them for hours.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
As a melee with no weapon art, sure. Triple crystal rot guys are still harder I think. As a caster they were a joke last time I did them. For my money, the crystal trios are still harder.

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Elden-Ring-Shadow-of-Erdtree-Global-Release-Times.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
There may have also been one or two dungeons with death-chariots that I noped out of.

1718471362136.png

1718471535035.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Guess I need to figure out what's still fun to play after all the patches. What sort of shape are arcane/bleed builds in now? This is where I left off with the last character I started before getting distracted by some other game:

ELDEN RING™-2024_06_15-17-14-00.png

Never did finish my faith build either. That one I quit earlier though, only got to like level 35 (and didn't actually get anywhere close to Blasphemous Blade that I intended to use for it) before I decided this one would be more fun.

Sucks that there's no preload on Xbox. Hopefully that doesn't mess up the NZ trick at all, it should unlock at 8AM EDT on the 20th if you time travel.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Guess I need to figure out what's still fun to play after all the patches. What sort of shape are arcane/bleed builds in now? This is where I left off with the last character I started before getting distracted by some other game:

View attachment 532963
Never did finish my faith build either. That one I quit earlier though, only got to like level 35 (and didn't actually get anywhere close to Blasphemous Blade that I intended to use for it) before I decided this one would be more fun.

Sucks that there's no preload on Xbox. Hopefully that doesn't mess up the NZ trick at all, it should unlock at 8AM EDT on the 20th if you time travel.

You can use This talisman and this dagger. Here is a list of all weapons with innate bleed build up.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>

For a Faith Build there are so many options but I would recommend the Cipher Pata and the Coded Sword as they both scale EXCLUSIVELY with Faith and the former has a carry weight of 0.0

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

They are at an Elden Ring DLC press event at the moment. I think the challenges and such are done (Elajjaz won the speedrun as expected, and they were the only duo to beat the challenges). DLC part is next.

Been an ok event. Mikkaa tried to teach Happy Hob how to play with a dancepad. Don't think he will do no hit runs with that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Is the Mohg spear still good? As you can see, I've already got it at +10. I think if I were to use something else as a main weapon I would start a fresh character rather than have wasted a somber ancient dragon stone.

Yeah the spear is good! the Ash of War still has very high hyper armor too

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
PGGamer has a few new? details on their website. Seem there are DLC only 'Scadutree Fragments' that can only buff stats/items in the DLC but go away while you are in the main game area. It was mostly an overview of Fromsoft. I assume it's the same article that is in their print mag in the UK. Don't know if they still sell mags in USA or not. I still remember when their Christmas edition was 400+ pages, ahh the golden age of PC gaming.

Anyhow if anyone cares:

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
PGGamer has a few new? details on their website. Seem there are DLC only 'Scadutree Fragments' that can only buff stats/items in the DLC but go away while you are in the main game area. It was mostly an overview of Fromsoft. I assume it's the same article that is in their print mag in the UK. Don't know if they still sell mags in USA or not. I still remember when their Christmas edition was 400+ pages, ahh the golden age of PC gaming.

Anyhow if anyone cares:

Be a shame if you can't take some of your power increases from SOTE back into the main game.

I'm in Altus Plateau, when I hit the game hard on Tuesday the itinerary is Altus->Mt Gelmir->Volcano Manor->Leyndell->Mountaintops. Also get Rivers of Blood, Gold Scarab, and get access to Radahn and Mohg. Hopefully end up at like level 120 (50 now). If this character ends up not being strong enough for the DLC I might end up having to play my NG+++ level 275 char instead. That would suck and mean I wasted 15-30 hours (whatever it ends up being) on the new char. We'll see.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Be a shame if you can't take some of your power increases from SOTE back into the main game.

I'm in Altus Plateau, when I hit the game hard on Tuesday the itinerary is Altus->Mt Gelmir->Volcano Manor->Leyndell->Mountaintops. Also get Rivers of Blood, Gold Scarab, and get access to Radahn and Mohg. Hopefully end up at like level 120 (50 now). If this character ends up not being strong enough for the DLC I might end up having to play my NG+++ level 275 char instead. That would suck and mean I wasted 15-30 hours (whatever it ends up being) on the new char. We'll see.
ahh fuck it, there is no way I'm going to be strong enough with my new toon. between my health, my birthday, and zero stamina I cannot play enough to get there. I'm going to keep playing my new toon as I'm having fun. I may break out my level 270+ char out if he's not too far out. I 'beat' the game with him.
I'm having fun, that's all that matters.

• 2Solidarity

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Well after watching the event, it's fairly clear that it's another difficulty spike similar to the winter area. Only the spike is at 150 fully geared. Regular enemies did close to 90% of the health bar from some attacks or combos.

They did what I assume was a dungeon similar to the catacombs.

Boss there was like a dual wielding black knife assassin on crack. No chill. Elajjaz yelled "LET ME PLAY THE GAME" as he kept getting hit while desperately trying to heal, using up 12 pots then dying. Managed to kill him with 0 pots and one hit from death. The weapons they used for the characters at the event were all fully upgraded +25

This will be fun.

As to the fragments you can use in the DLC, they are powerups. I think each one gives a permanent damage up buff while also making the enemies weaker. They did that since people might be entering the DLC at different levels (100-150ish). They are scattered around, so I think you could theoretically run around gathering some of them at the start similarly to the base game where you can run around getting flask upgrades right when you get Torrent. The DLC has two kinds of shards. I think those are the only buffs that don't transfer to the base game as they only scale the DLC. So Rajaah Rajaah you should be fine at 120.