Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I haven't played this in nearly two years. Logged in to try to break the rust loose in advance of the expansion and found that I had only a NG+ character about an hour into a replay. I've been tearing my way through the shit needed to gain access to Mohg, and even being high level and fully equipped it's taking some time. If I started from zero I'd probably be a couple months out from hitting the expansion, I just don't have the free time these days. How bloody of an ass-rape am I in for with NG+?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Can't you just take the secret path behind stormveil, run to the blood temple in linuria and get the blood lord teleport? I know you have to do 3 invasions and grab a couple items but it's pretty easy. Once you get the teleport you can run right to mohgs chamber.

spronk

FPS noob

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Can't you just take the secret path behind stormveil, run to the blood temple in linuria and get the blood lord teleport? I know you have to do 3 invasions and grab a couple items but it's pretty easy. Once you get the teleport you can run right to mohgs chamber.

I was attempting to hack through it by memory (and enjoying myself), but after looking up the two options in full, neither are all that bad. I'll probably just do the longer one and open up more of the map for the fuck of it. Either way a fresh NG isn't really in the cards unless I want to start the expansion after nearly everyone else has been long done with it. Guess I'll just need to prepare my anus.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
I was attempting to hack through it by memory (and enjoying myself), but after looking up the two options in full, neither are all that bad. I'll probably just do the longer one and open up more of the map for the fuck of it. Either way a fresh NG isn't really in the cards unless I want to start the expansion after nearly everyone else has been long done with it. Guess I'll just need to prepare my anus.
If you just need items and runes to power level a new character, I can help you out (granted I'm on PC and it's not crossplay)

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EuroGamer and GamingTrend confirmed not gud.
LOL, checked the Eurogamer review and yep... she failed 50 times on the final boss and gave up. A couple complaints do seem valid though, especially the part about there being 'official' graffiti that tells you what to do in some areas. The main reason I play From Soft games entirely offline is because I hate seeing that shit, even if I never read them. Don't see any justification in the review for knocking off 40% though.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
LOL, checked the Eurogamer review and yep... she failed 50 times on the final boss and gave up. A couple complaints do seem valid though, especially the part about there being 'official' graffiti that tells you what to do in some areas. The main reason I play From Soft games entirely offline is because I hate seeing that shit, even if I never read them. Don't see any justification in the review for knocking off 40% though.
I hate that garbage too for the same reason but I kind of like that FromSoft has their own unique spin on multiplayer that is ethereal and inline with the lore.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I read the review out of curiosity and it's "I love Elden Ring but the DLC has two signposts that are too obvious, minus two stars".

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I hate that garbage too for the same reason but I kind of like that FromSoft has their own unique spin on multiplayer that is ethereal and inline with the lore.

Yeah it's a weird multi-verse type world lore, where all of the other verses are filled with people fingering their but holes.

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I love having ghosts run around doing the same stuff I'm doing. Makes the world feel more alive somehow.

I don't like how assholes like to drop graffiti all around an item I'm trying to pick up. Save that shit for secret doors.

• 1Solidarity

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Excited to see the new spirit ashes, fist weapons expansion and bosses. Can’t believe it’s finally here

• 1Like

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
If you just need items and runes to power level a new character, I can help you out (granted I'm on PC and it's not crossplay)
Thanks for the offer, but I'm on Series X, as this is squarely a "pop my tired ass on the basement couch after the rest of the house is asleep and not bothering me" game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Redoing my Faith/Dex build that I never finished and left off in Stormveil, before Godrick.

Just finished Rennala and working through the rest of Liurnia now. I forgot how goddamn good this game is. I don't remember the Rennala fight being as fun as it was. That revenant cocksucker boss in the catacombs of Liurnia can eat my ass though. Must've taken me 40 attempts to kill that fuck.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users