Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Redoing my Faith/Dex build that I never finished and left off in Stormveil, before Godrick.

Just finished Rennala and working through the rest of Liurnia now. I forgot how goddamn good this game is. I don't remember the Rennala fight being as fun as it was. That revenant cocksucker boss in the catacombs of Liurnia can eat my ass though. Must've taken me 40 attempts to kill that fuck.

Stay close and strafe around them, they don't corner very well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Stay close and strafe around them, they don't corner very well.
Yeah, I admittedly suck dick against hyper aggressive enemies. I always panic roll AWAY, instead of toward most of the time. No matter how many times I call myself an idiot and try to stop, that muscle memory is hard to correct.

It's the same for rune bears. They actually aren't that hard if you stick close and time your rolls. But every goddamn time I roll panic away like a moron and get caught. Every time I get an easy kill by doing it properly, it's always met with me saying, "Just do that every time you fucking dumbass' to myself.

I love this game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yep 400 new lore entries to ignore.
Yeah, I admittedly suck dick against hyper aggressive enemies. I always panic roll AWAY, instead of toward most of the time. No matter how many times I call myself an idiot and try to stop, that muscle memory is hard to correct.

It's the same for rune bears. They actually aren't that hard if you stick close and time your rolls. But every goddamn time I roll panic away like a moron and get caught. Every time I get an easy kill by doing it properly, it's always met with me saying, "Just do that every time you fucking dumbass' to myself.

I love this game.

Heal spell is a good counter

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Nice thing about going into the DLC with a STR build is you can hide behind a greatshield while you explore new stuff. Once you get a bit familiar with your surroundings can always bust out the colossal sword.

• 2Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
OK I came to the game almost a year late so really dumb question, where are the lore entries located? I love to read that kind of stuff.
Or is it an online 20 min video type thing?
This is a real question too btw, so skinner me if you wish but please answer.

nu_11

OK I came to the game almost a year late so really dumb question, where are the lore entries located? I love to read that kind of stuff.
Youtube.

Vaati if you are a normie

Tarnished archeologist if you are a man of culture.

I personally like Ratatoskr as well. But he's small time.

• 2Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

In-game lore entries tend to be attached to items.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I read those. Didn't know if there was an encyclopedia like Western RPG's tend to do. I'm that asshole that reads the books in Elder Scrolls games.

Nah there's nothing else in-game or official.

The youtube sources quoted above are just people who take what little in-game lore there is and create educated guesses. It's interesting and useful but it's not official.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I read those. Didn't know if there was an encyclopedia like Western RPG's tend to do. I'm that asshole that reads the books in Elder Scrolls games.

No it is all item based. You have the basic description of what they do, then most items have a press X or whatever to get the extra description which have a lore snippet. Pretty much every item has it, minor lore from minor things and major lore from major items like weapons, boss souls and the likes.

The only written in game lore are on a few giant swords scattered around like grave stones (you know them when you see them, giant sword that has some lore on it you can click and around it are scattered smaller swords.).

Then you try to combine the lore from items, the small texts and what little dialogue there is like

Always Sunny Fx GIF

Then after you finish it, having little to no understanding wtf you did to get that ending and what it meant or what you missed to not get the 5 other ones even though you think you did a thorough playthrough, you youtube a lore video leaving you confused as to who the 15 NPCS they reference are that you never encountered.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Items, weapons/armor, Remembrances..

There is a couple "Markers" in the world that give hints for the Tarnished Exiling.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Here's a good place to start

• 2Like

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Quest givers and especially quest items give a lot of info. Like cursemark of death. Deaths pustules, things you can't interact with. And if you follow the long quest lines that tie tightly together like ranni-rogier-blaidd-seluvius-jerren-sellen it's pretty cool. Or rahdan-malenia-millicent-gowry-and all that ties into placeduex and the frenzied flame ending.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Guessing I'm the only one that didn't know -spoilered in case I'm not

there is a basement dungeon in stormveil castle

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Really regret going NG+. But will probably do a "speedrun" later then, no hurry to play the DLC as I got some other games queued up first. Will just go magic user I think. Not sure I can git gud enough to beat stuff with melee without good shit and Mimic Tear.

In DS3 I'm holding off on going to NG+ entirely if I can help it. Gonna have to run it again to get the third ending and there'll probably be some other missable type things that require a second run, I don't know. The earlier Souls games usually took 3 runs even if you were save scumming endings.

I haven't played this in nearly two years. Logged in to try to break the rust loose in advance of the expansion and found that I had only a NG+ character about an hour into a replay. I've been tearing my way through the shit needed to gain access to Mohg, and even being high level and fully equipped it's taking some time. If I started from zero I'd probably be a couple months out from hitting the expansion, I just don't have the free time these days. How bloody of an ass-rape am I in for with NG+?

Like I was telling the other guy, it's probably faster to start from scratch on NG than push through an NG+, and probably will be easier on you with the DLC too. But I don't know honestly, somebody who's actually good at the game might have zero issues on NG+ and be better off keeping their levels and stuff.

Yeah it's all a bit of a conundrum at this point. My whole plan was to have a NG character leveled up and ready to go by the DLC, which I think was the best idea, but now with the time crunch I don't know.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I love having ghosts run around doing the same stuff I'm doing. Makes the world feel more alive somehow.

I don't like how assholes like to drop graffiti all around an item I'm trying to pick up. Save that shit for secret doors.

Yeah dude, that stuff is so annoying after a while. Messages right in front of chests, on top of summoning pool statues, etc just to cause you to possibly hit the wrong thing.

Also in DS3 I think at least 98%, ninety-eight freaking percent, of the "hidden door" messages I saw all game were in front of solid walls.

Finally, the most important hidden door in the game, the one that leads to Oceiros and a whole secret area........ did not have a message in front of it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know if Arcane scales JUST the blood buildup speed/amount, or does it also scale the damage when you get full blood loss as well?