Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Like I was telling the other guy, it's probably faster to start from scratch on NG than push through an NG+, and probably will be easier on you with the DLC too. But I don't know honestly, somebody who's actually good at the game might have zero issues on NG+ and be better off keeping their levels and stuff.

Having refreshed my memory on the process I should have Mohg dead by tonight. If you are at the start of a new playthrough with an NG+ toon, you can probably be ready to go for the DLC in like 3-4 hours (less if you're actually gud) if that's all you dedicate your time to. It's really not bad. But yeah, how awful the resulting difficulty spike will be is TBD.

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anybody know if Arcane scales JUST the blood buildup speed/amount, or does it also scale the damage when you get full blood loss as well?

Different weapons scale in different ways. Same with the ashes/weapon art. Just because a weapon scales with Arcane doesn't necessarily mean the weapon art does. You can also infuse normal weapons to change scaling.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anybody know if Arcane scales JUST the blood buildup speed/amount, or does it also scale the damage when you get full blood loss as well?
Arcane scales bleed build-up, damage dealt by arcane-scaling weapons, and incantations when you use the Dragon seal. It does NOT scale the amount of damage that *Blood Loss* deals. That's a fixed amount: 15%+X for trash mobs, and 10.5%+X for bosses (7.5%+X for Mohg). X is either 100 or 200 depending on the weapon you use. IIRC all the really good options for arcane builds are 100, Reduvia and Scavenger's Curved Sword being the only notable exceptions.

If you want the best bleed build, go str/arc with dual beastman's blood curved swords and a jumping attack+consecutive hit armor/talisman setup. They're really lategame though, means pushing all the way to Azula before you enter the DLC if you want to be as strong as possible for it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So booted it up. My build is perfect. Right where I left off after I platted. Level 223. Ha. Got accustomed to the controls again. Had to buy a month of ps plus for multi and messages and shit. Will cancel after I am done with the DLC. I think I’m in NG4. Fairly fresh. Wondering if I will get my ass kicked 😂

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Aaand looks like I have some bosses to kill in this journey in prep.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Hearing that this game still stutters and hitches on the PC. Has anyone ever tried running this under Linux? Is this possible? Curious if it exhibits the same issue under that OS.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hearing that this game still stutters and hitches on the PC. Has anyone ever tried running this under Linux? Is this possible? Curious if it exhibits the same issue under that OS.

Some people have it, some don't. I thankfully don't. Fixes for it are varied, work for some, others not.

Two fixes I know of are in steam, turn off controller input. Right click game, properties, go to controller and change it to disable steam input. Another fix for Logitech users is to turn off the keyboard and mouse when you play the game. That also fixes it for some.

No idea about Linux.

Vorph

So booted it up. My build is perfect. Right where I left off after I platted. Level 223. Ha. Got accustomed to the controls again.
That's my dilemma still. My int/dex character is sitting at roundtable with literally everything done and ready to move on to the next journey. I've got all the spells, +10 DMGS, Wing of Astel, Death's Poker, Jellyfish Shield, Carian Regal and Lusat staves, etc. so it's pretty tempting to check out the DLC using that instead of one where I still have to do most of the base game still. Not sure how much it would trivialize the DLC though, plus it still bugs me that I fucked up that character and missed the magic scorpion charm.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Arcane scales bleed build-up, damage dealt by arcane-scaling weapons, and incantations when you use the Dragon seal. It does NOT scale the amount of damage that *Blood Loss* deals. That's a fixed amount: 15%+X for trash mobs, and 10.5%+X for bosses (7.5%+X for Mohg). X is either 100 or 200 depending on the weapon you use. IIRC all the really good options for arcane builds are 100, Reduvia and Scavenger's Curved Sword being the only notable exceptions.

If you want the best bleed build, go str/arc with dual beastman's blood curved swords and a jumping attack+consecutive hit armor/talisman setup. They're really lategame though, means pushing all the way to Azula before you enter the DLC if you want to be as strong as possible for it.

Jumping dual twinblades also hit 4 times

Vorph

Jumping dual twinblades also hit 4 times
Twinblades are just annoying because they all require NG+ to get a second one unless you use a mismatched pair. Scavenger's curved swords have the same problem.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Dark Souls Gamer GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

All are pretty much meaningless and useless metrics. If you ever buy a game based on gaming journalism ratings well you deserve everything you get.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I got sidetracked by RL just as I was about to get to the base of the big Erdtree when this game came out. Think i'm like lvl 111 with over 100 hours played, scoured every inch of the game up until that point. I've avoided all spoilers somehow. What's a realistic amount of hours it would take to complete the game if I stream line it? I'm not a total shitter and don't use ashes. Getting fomo....

• 1Like

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
That's my dilemma still. My int/dex character is sitting at roundtable with literally everything done and ready to move on to the next journey. I've got all the spells, +10 DMGS, Wing of Astel, Death's Poker, Jellyfish Shield, Carian Regal and Lusat staves, etc. so it's pretty tempting to check out the DLC using that instead of one where I still have to do most of the base game still. Not sure how much it would trivialize the DLC though, plus it still bugs me that I fucked up that character and missed the magic scorpion charm.
what platform? I can drop it for you, if you're on steam.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I got sidetracked by RL just as I was about to get to the base of the big Erdtree when this game came out. Think i'm like lvl 111 with over 100 hours played, scoured every inch of the game up until that point. I've avoided all spoilers somehow. What's a realistic amount of hours it would take to complete the game if I stream line it? I'm not a total shitter and don't use ashes. Getting fomo....

If you streamlined it you could finish in about 1-2hours depending on what ending you go for..

• 1Like