Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If you want the best bleed build, go str/arc with dual beastman's blood curved swords and a jumping attack+consecutive hit armor/talisman setup. They're really lategame though, means pushing all the way to Azula before you enter the DLC if you want to be as strong as possible for it.
Yeah, right now I'm using 1 Serpent God's (just beat Magma Wyrm Makar) and 1 Scimtar, with plans to transition over to Eleonora's Twinblade. I really fucking hate the whole "jump" meta, so I don't plan on going with Beastman's at all. I only ever use jump attack on shieldy boiz. I'll probably transition over to Rivers of Blood after Eleonora's, but still undecided on that as I really like the moveset of Twinblades.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, right now I'm using 1 Serpent God's (just beat Magma Wyrm Makar) and 1 Scimtar, with plans to transition over to Eleonora's Twinblade. I really fucking hate the whole "jump" meta, so I don't plan on going with Beastman's at all. I only ever use jump attack on shieldy boiz. I'll probably transition over to Rivers of Blood after Eleonora's, but still undecided on that as I really like the moveset of Twinblades.

Curved swords do a running powerstance quad attack if you'd prefer that over jump attack

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Curved swords do a running powerstance quad attack if you'd prefer that over jump attack
They're just too short-range for me. I do often start with running powerattack though. Hell, I'm even considering just going back to my Nagakiba with double slash, just because I like the longer range weapons. That's why I'm so stoked for the light greatswords. I like a lot of greatswords, but the shorter slashing range on a lot of them sucks. I like "lunging" style weapons, shit that keeps you "safe" with a backdash like Bloodhound Fang, or even shit with good poke damage. Bolt of Gransax is another weapon that interests me for that reason.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Luernia zone is just a masterpiece in level design. The center piece academy, viewed from multiple angles around the zone. Just so many things amazing points of interest, and at the center this magnificent academy and crazy ass tree in the background.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That's my dilemma still. My int/dex character is sitting at roundtable with literally everything done and ready to move on to the next journey. I've got all the spells, +10 DMGS, Wing of Astel, Death's Poker, Jellyfish Shield, Carian Regal and Lusat staves, etc. so it's pretty tempting to check out the DLC using that instead of one where I still have to do most of the base game still. Not sure how much it would trivialize the DLC though, plus it still bugs me that I fucked up that character and missed the magic scorpion charm.

Well funny story. I basically had a fresh NG4. However I guess I did a few things after a few beers last time I played like a year or more ago and killed Varré. 🍺😢 Oops. So. I basically had to run through 60% of the game to get to Mohg. Just entered the forbidden lands now and have to do a couple things here and find the secret portal.

On the bright side, I learned how to play again 😀

Now I have to put together the medal, get to consecrated and find the secret portal to Mohg.

Last edited:

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I got sidetracked by RL just as I was about to get to the base of the big Erdtree when this game came out. Think i'm like lvl 111 with over 100 hours played, scoured every inch of the game up until that point. I've avoided all spoilers somehow. What's a realistic amount of hours it would take to complete the game if I stream line it? I'm not a total shitter and don't use ashes. Getting fomo....

If you only killed morgott and didn't do much underground stuff you're only about 1/3 through. But it's easy to rush bosses and cherry pick dungeons for talismans at that point. Everything is open after you kill morgott. You can rush fire giant, malenia, mohg, whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Whew. All set! What was supposed to take about 25 minutes took 5 hours. Ended up having to get to Mohg the hardway on NG4. Which was new so all good and had fun anyway. But had to go kill Godrick, Godfrey, Morgott, Commander Niall, Starscourge and run to get the medallion piece to get to consecrated where a portal was to get to Mohg.

Good to be all set for the DLC and learned all the mechanics again :)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Parked at the cocoon with twin magma blades I spent too much time farming, which means most enemies in the dlc will, of course, be immune or highly resistant to fire

• 1Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
OK so as expected , my new toon will not be ready for tomorrow. My old toon , which I checked and is level 294 , has an achievement for killing 'shardbearer Mohg' , is that who needed to die to play the DLC? I cannot seem to find a straight answer anywhere.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
OK so as expected , my new toon will not be ready for tomorrow. My old toon , which I checked and is level 294 , has an achievement for killing 'shardbearer Mohg' , is that who needed to die to play the DLC? I cannot seem to find a straight answer anywhere.

Yes. The entrance will be in his boss room, and that palace area is in the underground in the southeast section.

• 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hearing that this game still stutters and hitches on the PC. Has anyone ever tried running this under Linux? Is this possible? Curious if it exhibits the same issue under that OS.
No idea about Linux, I had stutters on my old PC (AMD3950X w/ 3080ti) but not this one (AMD7800X3D w/ 7900 XTX) not sure if it's a PC fix or if it's the 3D memory on the CPU or the alignment of the planets.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
The steam discussion section for Elden Ring has performance guides for both AMD and Nvidia.

For only NVIDIA cards.
Open the Nvidia Control Panel again. Open ''Manage 3D settings'' under ''3D Settings'' and then choose ''Global Settings'' tab and scroll down. There is an option named ''Shader Cache Size'' default version is ''Driver Default'' change that to Unlimited size and click Apply right corner down of panel. Then restart your PC. It should fix it.

Praise the Sun!

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Hearing that this game still stutters and hitches on the PC. Has anyone ever tried running this under Linux? Is this possible? Curious if it exhibits the same issue under that OS.
You can in fact run this game on Linux. I've heard good things for performance but I never looked into why that is.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
You can in fact run this game on Linux. I've heard good things for performance but I never looked into why that is.

True Vulkan Support is fucking awesome, DX still has its place but man lately MS has just dropped the ball on it..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
Two years of rust is no joke. I forgot what a pain in the ass Mohg's second phase is. Anyway, got him on the third try, then sprinted through Caelid and beat down the good general in like 15 seconds. All set for a few weeks of late nights spent yelling at the TV and struggling my way through crippling exhaustion at work.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Two years of rust is no joke. I forgot what a pain in the ass Mohg's second phase is. Anyway, got him on the third try, then sprinted through Caelid and beat down the good general in like 15 seconds. All set for a few weeks of late nights spent yelling at the TV and struggling my way through crippling exhaustion at work.
Took me 3 times also. For 3rd try, I realized I had my farming spec going. Switched to regular god killing goodies and flattened him pretty quickly. Muscle memory is back and feel like old psychotic self.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I also forgot to use the potion which negates his bleed from the start of the second phase where he also heals. Died one time - after that potion though he was cake.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>

Mohg and Starscorge Radahn. But. Be careful you didn’t start a new game plus and didn’t really do anything. If you did, you’ll have to kill those two to get to the DLC.

• 1Like