Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Autism can be a beautiful and powerful thing. I hope they send him a replica impaler spear, but also hope he stops carrying clowns.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Co-op seems very busted at the minute. The bosses health multiplier seems one or two times too long. I was helping people at the last boss last night using bonk arm/savage lions claw cheese and it was taking for freaking ever to send him to phase two. Solo it was like two cycles of moves, in co-op it was at least 8. Wonder if intended.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Co-op seems very busted at the minute. The bosses health multiplier seems one or two times too long. I was helping people at the last boss last night using bonk arm/savage lions claw cheese and it was taking for freaking ever to send him to phase two. Solo it was like two cycles of moves, in co-op it was at least 8. Wonder if intended.

Summoning anything other than a mimic, whether it's an NPC or another player, sends Boss HP into the stratosphere.

Learned this with Rellana. I summoned the NPC and also used my Mimic Tear - holy HP.

Went in just using my Mimic Tear and destroyed her.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, its a huge deal with the quest NPCs that help on the final fight. The poison guy does garbage damage but he sends the last boss's hp into orbit.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, its a huge deal with the quest NPCs that help on the final fight. The poison guy does garbage damage but he sends the last boss's hp into orbit.

Luckily I personally found out you don't need to summon him for the final fight if you still want his gear. It'll be there afterwards. Half the time the dipshit wouldn't even enter the boss arena lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Finally got back to DS3 (Gael and Midir left). Took a stab at Midir. Got him to 40% on the first try. This is the game's toughest fight?

Did significantly worse on the 2nd and 3rd tries though. That seems to happen a lot with these games, you'll fare the best on your first attempt and then slide from there until you finally get it. It's kinda weird. It's also possible SOTE's bosses made DS3's look slow by comparison. That's all for now, I'll give it another shot later and update when DS3's fully-beat.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Finally got back to DS3 (Gael and Midir left). Took a stab at Midir. Got him to 40% on the first try. This is the game's toughest fight?

Did significantly worse on the 2nd and 3rd tries though. That seems to happen a lot with these games, you'll fare the best on your first attempt and then slide from there until you finally get it. It's kinda weird. It's also possible SOTE's bosses made DS3's look slow by comparison. That's all for now, I'll give it another shot later and update when DS3's fully-beat.
Midir is only tough imo for certain builds - his older, faster, harder hitter cousin is present in the ER DLC.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Lol did two tries on Malenia. Got her to 10% on my second try with Backhanr Blade. Felt really easy after the DLC, no time for more tries though :(

Kiki

Log Wizard
I definitely like it better than Cyberpunk. I feel like Elden ring has many more viable weapons, so more builds, multiplayer, etc. It also feels more difficult so the sense of accomplishment is better for me. I don't care about story and Elden ring let's me ignore all of it if I choose. It just needs some sex scenes featuring dudes with 10 arms and 10 dicks then some woman with 100s of tits and a dragon head.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man, this is the best game ever made, I think.
It just goes to show how far amazing world/level design, great encounter design, solid combat mechanics, and "consequences" can take a game.

I know virtually none of the lore, other than some war was fought over a ring or some shit and some dude named Godwyn got pwned? Who gives a fuck. The rest is so goddamn good I don't care.

I think my top 5 all-time are now probably..

1. Elden Ring
2. Starcraft (although, this might be tied with Elden Ring just because of how revolutionary it was for me as a young kid, playing my first "online" game)
3. BG2
4. Mass Effect (I still hold the first one in really high regard, especially my feeling when the credits hit to that Faunts song. Even though they should've called it quits after this one and left the ending ambiguous)
5. BG3

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Midir is only tough imo for certain builds - his older, faster, harder hitter cousin is present in the ER DLC.

Tried a couple more times this evening, all losses.

Midir has so damn much HP that eventually I inevitably run out of Estus. He isn't actually defeating me at any point before that, I'm just losing the attrition war. Every time. At best I get him down to about 40% and then I'm out of estus and it's just a matter of time before I get whacked by an unlucky tail swipe.

May try to defeat Gael first. Decided to finish this game off before I get back into ER+SOTE. I might be done with all of the above by the end of October

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well I gave in and used fingerprint cheese on Messmer. He basically can't hurt you. Although I didn't poke, I just whacked him with lions claws with the fire knights collosal sword between blocks. With the great shield talisman you never run out of stamina. Really slows the fight down and all his flailing spam attacks don't do anything.