Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
While I'm bitching about stuff, whoever designed these guys:

1719419309315.png

Deserves to be fucking flogged. Literally immune to any kind of hitstun or stagger, not like 'has really high poise', just actually immune. You will oneshot them or fully stance break them for a crit before you'll ever make them flinch from a hit or interrupt their 67 year long attack patterns.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
The idea of oneshotting the dancing lion is so outlandish to me it makes me assume people are lying lol.

That boss is the worst experience I've ever had in any Souls game. He's like all the worst aspects of the tree spirits amped up to 11 - all his movements look identical in that its the same undulating nonsense as everything else, his attack chains last for infinite and hit half the arena at once, and if you do finally catch an opening to hit him with a stick you get like...one swing, before he's on to the next 30 second long attack flailing that somehow always ends with him smoke spewing the entire area around him preventing any kind of actual retaliation

I think it's certainly doable, especially with a shield. I am a katana build and I put on a shield sometimes for stuff, wasn't bad at all. For me, it's really just knowing their damage type, if people looked it up first then it's pretty simple. The only stuff that really killed me was the hippo grabbing me and stuff like that, then you just roll that one attack the 2nd time.

I've died to fall damage more than I've died to anything else so far.

nu_11

The idea of oneshotting the dancing lion is so outlandish to me it makes me assume people are lying lol.

That boss is the worst experience I've ever had in any Souls game. He's like all the worst aspects of the tree spirits amped up to 11 - all his movements look identical in that its the same undulating nonsense as everything else, his attack chains last for infinite and hit half the arena at once, and if you do finally catch an opening to hit him with a stick you get like...one swing, before he's on to the next 30 second long attack flailing that somehow always ends with him smoke spewing the entire area around him preventing any kind of actual retaliation

Started my second run. I two-shot the lion at 150 rune level and 3 scadooshes. He was pretty easy. Just needed one attempt to remember his moveset. I see a lot of people in co-op panic rolling and not watching for signals. The lion and the hippo definitely have visual cues and obvious combos. You don't need god-like reflexes for these two fights. Just roll at the right time bro. If you can't do it solo then summon help, that's okay.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm getting buttfucked non-stop in this dlc. I'm grasping at any build that will even get me reliably thru just mobs

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is just insane to me:

(spoilered because the thumbnail shows bosses people may not want to see)

Not only did he start compiling this on day 1-2 of the DLC, he also uses different weapons for each fight. And on top of that he shows off with pointless consumables like soap the same way he does with the base game bosses.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm getting buttfucked non-stop in this dlc. I'm grasping at any build that will even get me reliably thru just mobs

Blasphemous blade right hand
Sword of milos left hand
Power stanced (1 in each hand)
Jump attack - use block button for double attacks

Spam takers flames on anything the least bit threatening. You can face tank all invaders and human sized enemies.

Stats: 60 vigor, 60 faith, 45+ str, 25+ mind
Min everything else to wear your equipment.

Use shard of Alexander, dragon defense talisman, fire scorpion charm, carian symbol that lowers fp use.

Flask go +10 to your holy, flame shrouding cracked tear

Buff with boiled crab, flame grant me strength, golden vow

• 2Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider

I only watched the first fight vs the DBDL but I actually LOL'd at it, and then again when I noticed how low his Vigor must be.

And then taking time in the middle of the fight to use soap?? LMFAO. What in the actual fuck people!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I summoned the NPC (Needle Hunter Leda or Freyja, can't remember which) and Poop Man ash spirit, so it was 3v1. That gives him a truckload of HP, but it really wasn't that bad. Cut it close a couple of times but still one-shot him.

I guess the other relevant thing is I had 60 Vigor and 4 or 5 scadutree blessings and 2-3 revered ash blessings before I attempted him. 2-handed Moonveil, occasionally used offhand catalyst to cast from range, never use shield on this build.

Chris

Potato del Grande
A lot of you guys need to get gud.

Game hasn't been out long enough to complain about the difficulty.

• 1Rustled

Kiki

Log Wizard
They are already buffing blessings.

Attack and damage negation curve scaling of the Shadow Realm Blessings have been revised.

• The attack and damage negation has been increased for the first half of the maximum amount of Blessing enhancements, and the second half will now be more gradual.
  • The attack and damage negation granted by the final level of Blessing enhancements has been slightly increased.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What's your bros general progression route been? I did the lion beast and Rennela so far, but now I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do next.

I don't know how to get in to Shadow Keep and have just been out exploring elsewhere, but everyone claims the keep is not endgame and more like midgame? Meanwhile I'm out here fighting huge fuckin dragons and shit that feel like every endgame kind of stuff.

All over the grave plain, southern area of continent, castles, dancing beast, rellana, lost for a long time finding fragments, messmer, currently exploring all over (less lost than previous lost phases) shadow keep and still finding new areas in it

Bald Brah

All over the grave plain, southern area of continent, castles, dancing beast, rellana, lost for a long time finding fragments, messmer, currently exploring all over (less lost than previous lost phases) shadow keep and still finding new areas in it

I just found out those pot head guys can drop scat fragments. Can't imagine how many I missed.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I actually fucked around with the Thorn shit when I was helping my friend out, but the scaling for co-op is so horrendous that it made it almost pointless. I have gotten a lot of mileage out of opening co-op fights with the Malekith spell and the similar dagger weapon art dot, shaving a quarter health and applying a big dot. Lot of shit is not immune to Scarlet Rot either. Percentage based dots seem to be really good, if you can survive the agro response.

Any upgraded Breath or Dragon Communion stuff in the DLC?

Bald Brah

Second time I've heard this, what are pot head guys?

Just the regular little burnt dudes. The ones with the pots drop those ultra rare fragments. I hope they at least turn purple when they're on the ground. I've mowed so many down and never loot because I thought it was always just trash.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just the regular little burnt dudes. The ones with the pots drop those ultra rare fragments. I hope they at least turn purple when they're on the ground. I've mowed so many down and never loot because I thought it was always just trash.
Weird never seen one, will look for them thanks.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I one shot the dancing lion, one shot rellana, and two shot the hippo. They're all quite aggressive, but I would not rate either of those 3 as ridiculous as Malenia. The fact she has two phases and heals puts her way above those three.

I would rate Messmer as someone who is top tier, haven't fought Bayle or final boss yet but they're probably similar.
I nearly one shot Malenia back when I first went through the game. It was way late, I was exhausted and awake for far longer than I intended to be. I hacked my way through the Haligtree stuff, and then there's Malenia as I'm literally nodding off with the controller in my hand. Alright...one attempt...I'll die horribly and log off.

I absolutely punished the first phase, somehow dodged out of her nuclear flower shit in her second phase, and got to the point that I could barely see any of her health bar left. Yeah, of course I died right there, but that was nuts. It took like 30+ attempts the next day to get anywhere near that again, lol.

Agreed that nothing in the DLC has come close to her level until Messmer.

• 1Like