Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't know why I didn't get super into the dlc. I think I just crave closed world Souls. Gimme Bloodborne 2 pls

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Trying to use bows this time around. So many enemies can just straight dodge it, what's the point?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Trying to use bows this time around. So many enemies can just straight dodge it, what's the point?
It's the same with a lot of spells, they dodge at the initial cast/shot. In my original playthrough I used rock sling because they'd dodge the cast but then rock sling would chase them anyways.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's the same with a lot of spells, they dodge at the initial cast/shot. In my original playthrough I used rock sling because they'd dodge the cast but then rock sling would chase them anyways.
I am about to use Greatbow instead because at least I can pack a punch in an opener on some enemies. But I hate that you can't craft great arrows so I end up just using whatever bow for long periods of time. They can do a lot of damage especially when they're weak to whatever arrow you're trying to use.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I don't know why I didn't get super into the dlc. I think I just crave closed world Souls. Gimme Bloodborne 2 pls

Hyper aggressive bosses are draining. I did 7ish chars in original ER, only took one thru DLC.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Hyper aggressive bosses are draining. I did 7ish chars in original ER, only took one thru DLC.
It's not the hyper aggression that is the problem to me. It's the fact that we don't have the tools to counter that behavior unless we're exclusively parrying or shield poking.

If you're dodging like a normal person, once you miss time a dodge in the middle of an attack chain, you get micro staggered and automatically eat 1-2 additional attacks and then randomly get a buffered dodge that you get roll caught out of because of "clever boss design (awful delayed attacks)". So you lose 3/4ths of your health bar to 1 mistake, have to wait for your attack window to heal instead, and then get ready for the next 3-4 seconds of surviving.

I still haven't figured out how to dodge half of Rellana's shit without getting caught by her absurd fucking movement + tracking while she's flailing at you. I just eat the edge of a blade on 2/3rds of her final attacks in a chain because she's spinning around me 270 degrees while spitting out damage.

How many bosses in the DLC can you even non-charged R2 in your attack windows anymore? I started the DLC with Darkmoon Greatsword and then just gave up and went with something faster with an AoW that had way less wind up (impaling thrust or piercing thrust just do so much more damage in a shorter window). I couldn't get a post AoW R2 wave off without getting clapped back at the end of the animation before I could dodge.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Ya the very small attack windows and fights that feel like spamming dodge vests, im with ya.

What tools would we need? Something that allows us to attack mid roll at the cost of giving up the rest of the invuln frames after the mid dodge swing? Then for casters... Hm

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hyper aggression worked way better in Bloodborne because the game encouraged it and you could rally in addition to gunshot riposte on most bosses.

I agree that it feels out of place here.

• 2Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't find any bosses in the dlc were really a problem until the last boss who is AIDS. I think my biggest frustration is they made windows extremely tight for getting heals off in the dlc.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I didn't find any bosses in the dlc were really a problem until the last boss who is AIDS. I think my biggest frustration is they made windows extremely tight for getting heals off in the dlc.
Agree. The balance is probably the biggest gripe I had with the dlc. I dont think I died more then 8 times to any boss except the dragon and its only because I wandered there so early without tree frags. The majority of bosses I defeated in 2 or 3 tries. And the world was just as easy.

Granted my build was pretty tuned at that point and ER has always been pretty easy depending on your build. You can only tune for balance so much without making it frustrating to people in different spectrums of the various builds.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If you come in with whatever my original build was to the DLC on my non-caster attempt, I was hitting things for 500-700.

My current caster is basically just spamming piercing fang and only using spells on unreachable shit in the open work. Fang does ~3K a hit. Game is completely different, yes, but I don't feel like I'm actually accomplishing the same level of challenge satisfaction when I just 5 hit a boss.

Mr_Bungle

Recusant
<Gold Donor>
Night Sorceries aren't seen by most enemies so they don't dodge, including bosses.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is some way you can get them to not dodge if you don't lock on. Some dude butt raped malenia with the jar cannon.

• 1Worf