Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

pwe

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lolz Envoy's Horn is the most amazing weapon so far. Oracular Bubble is good range, good damage, good stagger, slow moving and homing. It adds pressure to quick moving enemies and the slow ones can just be worn down nice and easy.

1649614953524.png

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it bad to upgrade starter gear or is that fine? Playing Samurai and have only been exploring a bit today, got the horse and the Wolf summons, killed some shit and died a lot. Mostly because I'm not used to the controls, still not sure if PS4 controller is better for me than keyboard/mouse. Will try a bit more.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is it bad to upgrade starter gear or is that fine? Playing Samurai and have only been exploring a bit today, got the horse and the Wolf summons, killed some shit and died a lot. Mostly because I'm not used to the controls, still not sure if PS4 controller is better for me than keyboard/mouse. Will try a bit more.
It’s fine. You get an unlimited number of stones except for the final ones, but by the time you get those you’ll know what you want to use them on. Stones 1-9 feel free to use.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Finally sat down this afternoon and worked my way through the Caria Manor area. Fuck those hand monsters. The rest of the place wasn't too bad and one shot the boss, but that lower area is a royal pain in the ass.

Still a lot of fun, no I've got a new quest line to work on.

I'm assuming I need to start going to Caelid?. I've run around there a bit but I haven't really done any deep exploration.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Here you go, this is right around the furthest I've gotten at this point. I think if I learn the timing on her spinning slash I could consistently get further but for whatever reason that attack is impossible for me. (You'll see me roll dodge it a good amount of times)

This fight I was using a +20 frost greatsword but switched after to blood since apparently the frost pots don't always work if she has frost build up from a weapon. 3x I threw one at her and it didnt interrupt, haven't had it happen yet since I swapped to bleed but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, sorry about the phase 2 cutscene, I don't know how to edit very well on the ps5.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Here you go, this is right around the furthest I've gotten at this point. I think if I learn the timing on her spinning slash I could consistently get further but for whatever reason that attack is impossible for me. (You'll see me roll dodge it a good amount of times)

This fight I was using a +20 frost greatsword but switched after to blood since apparently the frost pots don't always work if she has frost build up from a weapon. 3x I threw one at her and it didnt interrupt, haven't had it happen yet since I swapped to bleed but maybe I'm wrong.

Also, sorry about the phase 2 cutscene, I don't know how to edit very well on the ps5.

You are playing the game totally differently to me lol.

Wear armor, Shabiri Mimic, unleash Moonveil from range, dodge big attacks, meet the DPS check for Mimic to not die before she does. Job done.

• 2Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

Wear armor, Shabiri Mimic, unleash Moonveil from range, dodge big attacks, meet the DPS check for Mimic to not die before she does. Job done.
cheese.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Nice parries, but man there are so many times you could get a swing in but don’t. Or roll away when you should just roll in or sideways to get a swing in.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Nice parries, but man there are so many times you could get a swing in but don’t. Or roll away when you should just roll in or sideways to get a swing in.

Trust me I know, I'm still learning but also get terrified after her first flurry bc she sometimes does it like 15 seconds after the first one.

If I dont start throwing the ice right when she rises up i get owned before interrupting her.

Definitely didn't post to brag, but I will kill that bitch one way or another!

(Also, that video is easily after 200+ attempts, longest stretch of attempts I've needed for any FromSoft game this far, by a good margin too!)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

It's more of a personal goal, I have no problem with summons or spells or anything, just enjoy the challenge.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
It’s fine. You get an unlimited number of stones except for the final ones, but by the time you get those you’ll know what you want to use them on. Stones 1-9 feel free to use.
With all of the armors I have gotten, I am still a mixture of Rahdahn's armor and the Godrick Knight's chest armor that dropped at the Gateway ruins at level 15ish. I have basically looked the same for 135+ levels.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
With all of the armors I have gotten, I am still a mixture of Rahdahn's armor and the Godrick Knight's chest armor that dropped at the Gateway ruins at level 15ish. I have basically looked the same for 135+ levels.
Armor you can just switch up to what you want to look at for the most part. If you’re getting knocked down a bunch throw on some high poise. If not, wear what looks cool. I switch it up every so often. There are a few sets that actually do some things that are good for certain situations. Black knife armor chest makes you silent, rannis witch clothes increase your ice damage. Small things like that. Most of them are just weight/poise/looks though.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Armor you can just switch up to what you want to look at for the most part. If you’re getting knocked down a bunch throw on some high poise. If not, wear what looks cool. I switch it up every so often. There are a few sets that actually do some things that are good for certain situations. Black knife armor chest makes you silent, rannis witch clothes increase your ice damage. Small things like that. Most of them are just weight/poise/looks though.
Oh believe me, I know how quick you will still die if you aren't prepared no matter what level you are and what kind of armor you are wearing. I think I have carried a shield once, am playing mostly as INT/Faith Spellblade with the Sword of Night and Flame (although I have collected a bunch of weapons) with various staves and symbols. The min/maxing armor stats is the last thing I am holding onto from non-Souls games. I am aware that it's really all about the Elden Bling. At this point, though, I am kind of attached to it and need to see some kind of performance improvement to change.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finally decided to finish my first playthrough. Took down Elden Beast with Fallingstar Beast Jaw gravity bolt spam. Lol

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It's more of a personal goal, I have no problem with summons or spells or anything, just enjoy the challenge.

I found summons on her a liability anyways with the life steal. And dodging was easier without have her aggro split and changing target at the last second.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I've gotten the twins armor from the guy from round table hold, I haven't taken it off for 50 or 60 levels.

I've been wondering whether I'll finally come across something I'm willing to switch out to. I know the bull goat armor is supposed to be the highest poise in the game, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to completing that quest line.

Are there any other sets that are easy to get that are worth looking at?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
What's the best way to farm runes?
Not sure where you are in the game, but if you travel to Bestial Sanctum, save at the grace inside the building, and basically there are these black grim reaper looking dudes right off to the left and right of the entrance. I usually go left, as they are more spaced out. They are tough because they are a higher level than when you're supposed to be there, but they have low HP, and you can backstab them and take them out pretty quickly. They give between 1,000 and 1,200 runes each. Kill 7 or 8 of them, go back to the grace, rest, level up, and then they will all respawn and you can kill them all again. I can usually pick up 300,000 or so runes in an hour, once you know how to kill them. Just avoid their spell attack (it'll kill you instantly, but is pretty easy to avoid), and their charged jumping swing attack (same thing, insta kill). You can probably even kill 15 or more before heading back to the grace, but just be careful because you obviously don't want to die with 50,000 or more runes on you and then get killed trying to get back to your corpse. I usually get enough runes to level up, then go back to the grace and spend them, just so if I do die, I don't have a shit ton of runes on me and then have to sweat out a corpse run.

If you don't know how to get to the Bestial Sanctum portal, it's right behind the Third Church of Marika, behind some bushes. I think it's north behind the church.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I've gotten the twins armor from the guy from round table hold, I haven't taken it off for 50 or 60 levels.

I've been wondering whether I'll finally come across something I'm willing to switch out to. I know the bull goat armor is supposed to be the highest poise in the game, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to completing that quest line.

Are there any other sets that are easy to get that are worth looking at?
I ran a combo similar to that for awhile. I recently picked up the bull armor and the weight on it is insane. There's some good looking armor closer to the end game. I'm currently running blaidds armor with the deer antlers that have bioluminescent lights on it. My wife walks in and is like why is it you are always wearing something different? It's just for the aesthetics. It was a needed change after running around the lake of rot and that shaded castle. I was wearing vulgar armor / mushroom crown or that endurance stone/dog helm for awhile. The Cleanrot Knights have a decent set that can be farmed in the Aeonia swamp in caelid. Plus they drop a badass holy scythe.

• 2Like