Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I myself was the 150/150 rule: I finished the game at around 150 hours played, and around level 150.

I took my time and explored almost everything, killed all the bosses, explored most of the dungeons, and I platinumed the game with my first playthrough.
Think I'm around level 195. I've dumped a lot of runes on weapons. At least another 20 levels worth counting for the inflation.

PSN plat requires the Frenzy ending and Moon ending. Will require me to go through at least another plays get that Plat. (Which is fine)

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Tried a few more times today and I cant even get the fucker down below 80%. No idea how I did that 0.1% run lol. The thing that usally gets me from full hp to dead is the golden needle nuke that follows you, might need to check a guide on how to dodge everything correctly. But mostly I die because I get greedy and midswing when he attacks.

I see many here sporting lots of hours before ending the game. I'm only up to 60h myself. Sitting at level 127 I think. What level did you all finish at? Can probably beat it if I beef up a bit more. And as I said still got the Haligtree to check out.

I think Im around level 130 pure Str build, most of my time was just blindly exploring as I initially didnt look at anything, once I made it to Fire Giant I did go back and grab some things I missed. I was also stubborn in a few areas I was obviously way underleveled/under geared for when I should've came back later.

Haligtree was a pain but not terrible, I spent longer trying Malenia than I did on the whole snowfield / haligtree area, haha.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For Elden Beast I had trouble at first. Got him beat eventually with the setup below. Then I accidentally deleted my save, so I had to re-do Horah Loux, Radagon, and Beast. I 1-shotted Rada/Beast on my re-do.

Lvl 145 with 45 vigor
Hailgdrake Talisman +2
Pearldrake Talisman +2
Dragoncrest Greatshield Talisman
Erdtree's Favor or Crimson Amber + 2
Black Knife Tiche +10 spirit ash

If you hit Elden Beast on the crack on his belly, he takes more damage than elsewhere. Just stay as close to him as possible. He seem to do the Elden Stars, Golden Needle, Ring Blast etc much less when close. For me he did a lot more dives and swings, which I found easier to dodge roll through.

I was using Mimic Tear at first, but was not having success, I upgraded Black Knife Tiche, and was able to get Beast down within 3 tries I think.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've never upgraded a summon to this day, dunno what my problem is. Set in my ways perhaps. It's not even intentional really.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've never upgraded a summon to this day, dunno what my problem is. Set in my ways perhaps. It's not even intentional really.
It'll change your playstyle completely. I have Tiche and mimic leveled but generally co-op with my wife more than anything else.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
For Elden Beast I had trouble at first. Got him beat eventually with the setup below. Then I accidentally deleted my save, so I had to re-do Horah Loux, Radagon, and Beast. I 1-shotted Rada/Beast on my re-do.

Lvl 145 with 45 vigor
Hailgdrake Talisman +2
Pearldrake Talisman +2

If you hit Elden Beast on the crack on his belly, he takes more damage than elsewhere. Just stay as close to him as possible. He seem to do the Elden Stars, Golden Needle, Ring Blast etc much less when close. For me he did a lot more dives and swings, which I found easier to dodge roll through.

I was using Mimic Tear at first, but was not having success, I upgraded Black Knife Tiche, and was able to get Beast down within 3 tries I think.
Thanks, will go to the Haligtree and chase down those talismans. I think I am too slow to get to him and he starts nuking the long range shit. The 0.1% I was very aggressive as I was doing mainly melee dmg and not firing the Moonblade like I am now. Will try close in and just hack and slas him.

Caeden

Summons are kind of stupid. I was like 40 (due to playing everything in peninsula and limgrave) and one shot Margit and Godrick. I had more problems with the agheel dragon than those two. Used jelly fish on both and it was dumb easy. I mean I still had to make sure I did ok on Godrick’s second phase but it was still idiot easy.

Aazrael

Lvl 145 with 45 vigor
Hailgdrake Talisman +2
Pearldrake Talisman +2

Yeah I aint getting Tiche either. Was one hit away at one time but her bloodloss shit wrecks me. I'm not good enough for beating her without super luck.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
It'll change your playstyle completely. I have Tiche and mimic leveled but generally co-op with my wife more than anything else.

Ya that's what I'm worried about kinda, I need to keep my rollin' sharp. Also, I end up helping pals with a lot of bosses so some mega damage sponge being up there is almost never on the table.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya that's what I'm worried about kinda, I need to keep my rollin' sharp. Also, I end up helping pals with a lot of bosses so some mega damage sponge being up there is almost never on the table.
I usually play the damage sponger. Think I'm rolling around 1700hp, 100+ Guard and poise. You'd hear me clanking a mile away.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I usually play the damage sponger. Think I'm rolling around 1700hp, 100+ Guard and poise. You'd hear me clanking a mile away.

Ya I got a char like that. They did a great job balancing things out with shields.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I aint getting Tiche either. Was one hit away at one time but her bloodloss shit wrecks me. I'm not good enough for beating her without super luck.
Just go aggressive with heavy weapons and stagger her a lot. She took me a while too but once I figured that out I got her down soon after.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Ya I got a char like that. They did a great job balancing things out with shields.

Honestly I started out as a shield boy but ended up rolling the 2nd half, I like 2 handing my weapon and it isn't bad for MOST of the enemies.

I think I struggled on a few more than if I would have switched back to a 100% ohysical shield, but it was more fulfilling this way, or at least that's what I tell myself =).

Im thinking I'll take my Str character through ng+ and make a new dex / int character to get the plat, still stuck at Elden Beast for now though. (Will probably not have a chance to play again until the weekend)

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Shields are always good for a first play through when you’re still getting a hand on mechanics and want to play it safe.

After that it’s time to just zug zug through everything.

Caeden

I’ve been dodging and tried to swap back to shields and I feel fucking lost.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m a dex/arcane build. I’ve been dual wielding katanas for most of the game (RoB and Moonveil currently) and rolling everywhere to dodge. I’m stuck on Elden Beast. Should I swap out the moonveil for a shield or is that kind of pointless in the EB fight?

Last edited:

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lvl 145 with 45 vigor
Hailgdrake Talisman +2
Pearldrake Talisman +2
This is me exactly except I’m 163 with 50 vigor. Guess I need to get good.

Edit: success!! Finally got it done. Got close enough to EB that he mostly did his melee swipe which was easy to dodge. He hardly did any of his long range attacks or swimming away. Tiche was rock solid as always.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Just go aggressive with heavy weapons and stagger her a lot. She took me a while too but once I figured that out I got her down soon after.
Yea I got er staggered a few times but once I went defensive I could hardly do anything beside rolling away. I even ended up halfway across the room because I was dodging backwards in my computer chair also it seems...