Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I can get two platinums for it. I did the same thing with Dark Souls 2, 100%'d SOTFS and then decided to go back and plat the regular version too. I don't do this kind of thing with anything except Fromsoft games and it's a new phenomenon. Really it's just Souls 2 and ER.
I'd rather max level than multiple plat. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So far I've beaten the game with Str Colossal weapon unga bunga, power stance bleed twinblade, DMGS, and Shield/Poke. Unless someone can throw out a cool looking build I think its time to shelve this one until the next DLC.

DMGS is what I'm using on NG+. Already used Moonveil/Malenia and twinblade extensively. My two main choices for the Faith Samurai from-scratch build are probably double Uchigatana or colossal weapon unga bunga. I've never really liked the big slow weapons so I doubt I'll like them now, but apparently they got a speed increase in the patch?

Prolly gonna go with the dual Uchis and make them Blood or Keen or w/e the best DPS type is now.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is like saying you just fucked 1992 Pamela Anderson but instead of going back for seconds you're gonna fuck 2022 Pamela Anderson.

Yeah but I got pretty tired of fucking 1992 Pamela Anderson and at least 2022 Pamela Anderson adds another digit to my scorecard.

I'd rather max level than multiple plat. I haven't enjoyed a game this much in years.

Same, but I even pretty much did that. Level 255, all the stats I want are softcapped. Went so far as to track down and beat up the couple of dungeons/bosses I missed. Just need the Frenzied Flame ending and that one dragon boss at this point.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah but I got pretty tired of fucking 1992 Pamela Anderson and at least 2022 Pamela Anderson adds another digit to my scorecard.

Same, but I even pretty much did that. Level 255, all the stats I want are softcapped. Went so far as to track down and beat up the couple of dungeons/bosses I missed. Just need the Frenzied Flame ending and that one dragon boss at this point.
I wonder what my played will be to hit 99 on everything. Kind of excited...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I had the Grace you get after beating the boss in the fort down south bugged by a player messege. He had put it right on top of the grace so there was no way to activate the Grace site. Had to quit out and log back in and click the grace before it reloaded the player messeges.

Yeah that shit was mad annoying. People putting messages right on treasure chests is another one. Between this and all the "try jumping" by cliffs and stupid "you don't have the right"s in general and I feel let down by the player base this time out. That's the downside to having a zillion new people playing though. Once the Masses arrive, they bring a lot of dumb.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
For me, dragon type enemies have always been the easier of the Elden Ring bosses. I one shot Fortissax the first play through and only took a couple runs for Plucidisax.

I one-shot Dragonlord without much trouble myself, and seeing all of these posts about his difficulty is weird. On the other hand I absolutely struggled with quite a few fights that other people say are easy (like Godrick). This is all proof that people can have wildly different experiences with this game depending on their playstyles.

Sekiro also whoops my ass and some people say it's the easiest From game. I liken it to Punch-Out, which I could never beat either.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I wonder what my played will be to hit 99 on everything. Kind of excited...

EXP requirements get truly obscene after level 220 or so. If you get to like NG++ and grind the Mohgwyn Palace entrance farm with the final boss sword fire-wall move, which is the fastest possible grinding in the game, it'll still take like 20-30 minutes per level after a while.

If someone really wants to go for level 800 (or whatever the max is) they should probably play through to NG+7 and then start farming that spot. It might only take a few dozen hours then.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that shit was mad annoying. People putting messages right on treasure chests is another one. Between this and all the "try jumping" by cliffs and stupid "you don't have the right"s in general and I feel let down by the player base this time out. That's the downside to having a zillion new people playing though. Once the Masses arrive, they bring a lot of dumb.
Yeah it really sucked this time. I turned it off. The old games the messages were almost all helpful and the troll ones were hilarious because they were rare. Now it’s reversed without the hilarious.

• 1Like

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got saved one time by someone rating one of my messages right when one of those ulcerated tree spirits picked me up and tried to eat me. It was cool

edit- and my message was you dont have the right O you dont have the right lol

• 1Worf

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
Yeah it really sucked this time. I turned it off. The old games the messages were almost all helpful and the troll ones were hilarious because they were rare. Now it’s reversed without the hilarious.
Sort of the problem when the game went "main stream" as all the meme kiddies got into it.

• 1Truth!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Oh christ, don't tell me you faggots are going to go all hipster neck beard because the greatest game ever made actually is getting a proper amount of attention....

In other news, with all the gankers spamming quick steps lately I have found a new toy to twink my character helping my wife: Hand of Melenia. The timing of it is perfect for connecting on every hit with the WA if you do it right and since almost no one physics up for pure physical damage it does not do to to bad for DPS in most ganks. I just hate having to have it set up for a quick swap in case of invasions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Clearly sub-Chadding it with Blasphemous Blade.

I tried again last night and somehow ninja-warrior'd my way through through all of the fire, lighting, tactical nukes, and fucking laser beams and chopped him down to one or two hits to go with plenty of health flasks left. He was getting ready to throw out his fire breath, so I was all...cool, imma just roll out the way and run back in and fuck him in the dragon ass, but nope. He had slightly shifted over and somehow I was stuck under his belly so couldn't walk, run, or roll.

Flames. Scream. Dead. FUCK.

This is one of the few fights where the mimic dies well before me. Even if I wait until the second phase to drop him out, he walks right into every attack and just gets vaporized in like a minute. Maybe it's time to try another weapon? I've got a healthy collection of +10 stones.
I just beat Dragonlord Placidusax. I used Latenna the Albinauric spirit and parked her ass quite a good distance from him (remember, she is stationary). Then once I got his attention I pretty much tried to avoid him, getting in attacks when it was reasonably safe, and she whittled him down.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Damn man, Royal Revenant in Liurnia is absolutely annihilating me, best I got him is 50% give or take. Between the poison and the fast unpredictable moveset, I just cannot take the bastard down with these stats.

Moved on and killed Radagon but haven't attempted Renalla yet, not a fan of the first phase if I end up having to fight her a lot of times.....

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Damn man, Royal Revenant in Liurnia is absolutely annihilating me, best I got him is 50% give or take. Between the poison and the fast unpredictable moveset, I just cannot take the bastard down with these stats.

Moved on and killed Radagon but haven't attempted Renalla yet, not a fan of the first phase if I end up having to fight her a lot of times.....

The first phase has a predictable tell even if you cant see the subordinate with the glow. Just follow the books.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Oh christ, don't tell me you faggots are going to go all hipster neck beard because the greatest game ever made actually is getting a proper amount of attention....
Nah I just turned it off. The messages used to be helpful, now they’re not…oh well. I’m happy for From, they deserve it. I can’t imagine what their next games will be like with all the money this one generates.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I fucking hate that mob. Even with the obvious tells I struggle. And when he connects with his big combo that just keeps hitting you over and over I just get pissed off.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nah I just turned it off. The messages used to be helpful, now they’re not…oh well. I’m happy for From, they deserve it. I can’t imagine what their next games will be like with all the money this one generates.

Cyber Cthon 4053

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I just beat Dragonlord Placidusax. I used Latenna the Albinauric spirit and parked her ass quite a good distance from him (remember, she is stationary). Then once I got his attention I pretty much tried to avoid him, getting in attacks when it was reasonably safe, and she whittled him down.

This guy fucks. I use Latenna specifically and only for the turreting strat on a variety of bosses since the beginning of the game.

Greatshield boys fuck off.

• 1Worf

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i dont understand dual wielding in this game, do you just alternate pressing LB/RB?