Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Kiki

Log Wizard
They nerfed bloodhound step, I abused the shit out of that. Just goku instant transmission behind shit or disappear when a hit comes in.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Rivers of Blood got hit with the bat, also.

Looks like improvements to the non-colossal str weapons while weakening some of the dex ones

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Rivers of Blood got hit with the bat, also.

Looks like improvements to the non-colossal str weapons while weakening some of the dex ones
Probably still insane. Can’t believe how much that weapon made malenia my bitch vs trying to powerstance greatswords on her.

• 1Like

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
They nerfed bloodhound step, I abused the shit out of that. Just goku instant transmission behind shit or disappear when a hit comes in.
Using that ash was the only way I could defeat Malenia. She was pimp smacking me with her waterfowl dance until I started teleporting across the room to get the hell away from her.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On PC, but everything feels a bit snappier and the graphics seem a bit crisper after patch?

I dunno if placebo affect or they made engine upgrades. I have not changed any settings.

• 1Like

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm

-Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War “Bloodhound Step” while adding the changes below:
-Reduced performance when used continuously
Frustrated World Cup GIF

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Using that ash was the only way I could defeat Malenia. She was pimp smacking me with her waterfowl dance until I started teleporting across the room to get the hell away from her.
Also just about the only reliable way to get away from dragon breath attacks in PvP.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, the only reason to PvP ROB at this point is dealing with the step fucks who do leaping double spear stabs at this point to alpha gank. If you were using it as a DW setup with Waki to actually hit shit in melee, this change does not impact you at all, esp since I pretty much only spammed ROB on bosses I was already in melee reach with. And dual daggers still blow any other setup out of the water for applying bleed.

On the one hand, the Stars of Ruin nerf is irritating, because people would just step/IFrame roll past every other spell and alpha DW leap/crouch gank you. On the other hand, since they nerfed spamming both the BHS and QS, its probably fine. Now you can just night shard it up with some mixing of timing and actually have a chance to connect some hits. So they nerfed both sides of the issue, which I think is ok. Sorcery will still be fine, since its a one stat build.

I am a little annoyed at all the focus on PvP balance when there are still some pretty major outstanding bugs (Ranni's Darkmoon puzzle, Kenneth Height Questline bug, bleed dog hitboxes, ect) that have been in there since release. They also keep ignoring the alpha gank issues and chain stunlock stuff that is rampant in mid level PvP. AFK shit is gone at least, which makes me happy as a blue phantom guy.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also just about the only reliable way to get away from dragon breath attacks in PvP.
Certainly the only early game method, but everyone out there is twinking their gank toons with late game gear. The Dragon Breath attacks could be balanced simply by reducing the time during which they have hyper armor, honestly. I am more bothered by twinks dual weilding Vyke spears doing jumping double poke madness spam these days. And the BHS was just way too good and completely negated the downside of fatrolling. I am kind of glad they are giving people a reason to play light load setups.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
On PC, but everything feels a bit snappier and the graphics seem a bit crisper after patch?

I dunno if placebo affect or they made engine upgrades. I have not changed any settings.

They make performance improvements with every patch. If you've been gone a few and spring thru certain areas, it's gonna absolutely feel better and different.

As far as guard countering, great concept and works ok enough. Probably needs more refinement per weapon. PvP someone really has to be mashing to get nailed by one imo.

Jump attack spam is a thing in pve and pvp for sure... again they prob need to refine per weapon type and are headed in the right direction.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They got mega loot, can shoot for the moon and land

I think the best is yet to come in ER

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users