Elite: Dangerous (Kickstarted Sandbox Space Flight Sim)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Itzena_sl

shitlord
The end game is very much "what you make it" - crewed ships are planned but not in yet, and I think the biggest manned ships are planned to be subcapitals rather than the full-sized battleships.

Also: Christmas was saved, profit was made.
smile.png

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Picked this up for cheap on xbox one, a friend bought it awhile back as a game preview.

I realize after 3 hours that I have no idea what I am doing.

Leon

<Silver Donator>

Haven't played in a while, but saw this over the week end. Tis happening?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
That is only a "cut scene" inside the game currently. You can't interact with it in any way and it's basically just a teaser.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I think that mixed rating mostly came from the expansion. The fans reacted very negatively to the MMO style expansion. Still, it takes a very special type to enjoy the game long term. It does not have very many exciting moments in it and generally lacks much in the way of content.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I think that mixed rating mostly came from the expansion. The fans reacted very negatively to the MMO style expansion. Still, it takes a very special type to enjoy the game long term. It does not have very many exciting moments in it and generally lacks much in the way of content.
So....Just another MMO?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I still enjoy playing this when I can here and there.

Takes a lot of effort to set up and play after you haven't in awhile, tbh.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I still enjoy playing this when I can here and there.

Takes a lot of effort to set up and play after you haven't in awhile, tbh.

I started playing again recently after I found out about the mission stacking/skimmer exploit to get tons of money. It let me finally get out of the little shitty ships and into some one the larger ones while skipping weeks of space trucking.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I started playing again recently after I found out about the mission stacking/skimmer exploit to get tons of money. It let me finally get out of the little shitty ships and into some one the larger ones while skipping weeks of space trucking.

I should probably try this but I like just doing ratting out of Wohler Terminal for a day or two, bank a few million credits, log out for a month, do it again the next month.

Eventually I'll get to something bigger than Viper Mk IV.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So....Just another MMO?

Yes and no, MMO as in see a lot of other people? Forget about it. The expansion introduced landing on planets and if you don't have the expansion then no planets for you. A lot of people didn't like that, obviously having no experience with MMO expansions, and review bombed the Steam ratings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I should probably try this but I like just doing ratting out of Wohler Terminal for a day or two, bank a few million credits, log out for a month, do it again the next month.

Eventually I'll get to something bigger than Viper Mk IV.

I got 500 million in about 3 days of work. Allowed me to store the Vulture. Bought and fully outfitted a Fer-De-Lance (sp?), an Imperial Clipper (All hail the Emperor) and an Asp. Still had 250 million left for insurance and fucking around with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yes and no, MMO as in see a lot of other people? Forget about it. The expansion introduced landing on planets and if you don't have the expansion then no planets for you. A lot of people didn't like that, obviously having no experience with MMO expansions, and review bombed the Steam ratings.

Part of that was kickstarter backers got all the expansions for ever or some shit if they were above a certain tier, then people who paid into the website after the kickstarter ended were butthurt they didn't get that deal or something as well I think.

If I recall correctly.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Also, I should point out they are trying to figure out how to nurf the Mission stacking/Skimmer thing so I would recommend loading up while you can. They have said they don't consider it a exploit per se but they do want it fixed. They just can't figure out how without breaking some of the game systems. Last I had heard they were mulling over some community feedback and we may see a fix whenever they release the next patch (rumor says this month).

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I'm still a little over halfway to the core .....I could just suicide and get back to civilization but I'd lose millions in discoveries ...ugh.