EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Yep. Not to mention there won't be a box cost. Even if EQN sucks, you'll probably atleast get $15 of entertainment just from exploring and getting your nostalgia boners from checking out places like EC Tunnel.

And yeah, I have a feeling the easiest mobs won't be that smart - especially since they'll be things like animals and Orc Pawns.
Everyone will check it out - even Dumar and Utnayan I'll bet. And why not, it'll be amusing if you only login for an hour, make a Kerran named Tony and run around yelling in /ooc It's Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I'm curious/serious question:

If the naysayers are right, and EQN turns out to be a bust how many people are going to throw in the towel on new MMOs?

I think I'll focus on EQMac/VG or reading books for the next five+ years (if not longer) and tune out on anything new for a while if EQN releases and bombs (can't hold my interest for even six months).
The only MMOs that pique my interest these days are those with popular IPs even though most of them end up sucking. I have no clue why people played shit like Tera or Aion.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I am hoping character advancement isn't as rushed as it is in most modern MMOs. Getting to max level in a couple days of play is fucking lame.
We can only hope. I just wish Butler wouldn't flat out lie about single-classed characters. In the eqhammer video he said the same thing as previously: single classing would be viable through Tier 5. But almost no guild is going to accept a monk who refuses to multi-class into other dps classes to have access to a wider variety of dps abilities.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
We can only hope. I just wish Butler wouldn't flat out lie about single-classed characters. In the eqhammer video he said the same thing as previously: single classing would be viable through Tier 5. But almost no guild is going to accept a monk who refuses to multi-class into other dps classes to have access to a wider variety of dps abilities.
Yeah, but then he said that that was a social problem (aka, the recruiting guild), not a character/game problem. If SOE started trying to regulate what guilds can and can't do, people would lose their shit with a quickness.

rolx_sl

shitlord
They arn't going to release more on combat yet, not because they have the info and they don't want to release it, but because its not finalized. All info that hasn't been told to us yet is still up in the air on how they want to implement it. Combat will be one of the make or breaks for a lot of people so they will want to make sure its tits before it goes out into the interweb. With the cartoony graphics i'm assuming the combat will be pretty fluid. The only thing I didn't like about the demo's combat was every hit looked like it was hitting the ground and not the mob, and the red circles must go.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm curious/serious question:

If the naysayers are right, and EQN turns out to be a bust how many people are going to throw in the towel on new MMOs?

I think I'll focus on EQMac/VG or reading books for the next five+ years (if not longer) and tune out on anything new for a while if EQN releases and bombs (can't hold my interest for even six months).
I've yet to be completely happy with an MMO since the EQ days (which I quit consistently playing around PoP) so I never stay long. There are a ton of other games to keep me busy, a new set of consoles hits this year, and I just built a gaming PC so even in the event of total failure, I'll have other shit to play. I really want EQN to steal my time away like EQ1 did, but it has a lot of promise to live up to.

I'll also likely swear off MMOs like I did EQ2 and Vanguard when they both failed to deliver, but then the moment an MMO comes along and grabs my attention I'll be a huge hypocrite and get excited all over again. I'm not going to lie, I was one of the guys looking forward to Copernicus (the post cancellation gameplay videos kind of killed it for me though).

Dizzam_sl

shitlord
This might have already been discussed, but is that continent everyone keeps posting actually what the continent in EQN is going to look like? I don't think anyone has ever said that. In the world panel, one of the developers specifically referred to that continent as a "sample continent."

On the multiverse "Ethernere" thing does anyone remember something from Brad at one point where basically it was a story or blog or something he wrote where his character Aradune was transported to Telon by the nexus or some shit where it connected the two worlds? I am trying to remember exactly what it was but I swore it was something about a connection between VG and EQ that Brad wanted to see happen.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
This might have already been discussed, but is that continent everyone keeps posting actually what the continent in EQN is going to look like? I don't think anyone has ever said that. In the world panel, one of the developers specifically referred to that continent as a "sample continent."
Yeah I heard that as well. So got me.

@bocephus never heard that, but wouldn't past McQuaid to pull something like that.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
The continent they showed is probably an alpha version of what they're going for. The original version had no labels though, so the versions that are labeled are fan-made. Don't take those too serious.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Guys SOEmote just finally clicked with me. I used it for the first time ever five minutes ago and had the best time running up to people making the ugliest faces I possibly could. Everyone just ignored me but I definitely had a hilarious time playing the dumbest fucking dark elf anyone has ever seen. Immersion x 20.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Guys SOEmote just finally clicked with me. I used it for the first time ever five minutes ago and had the best time running up to people making the ugliest faces I possibly could. Everyone just ignored me but I definitely had a hilarious time playing the dumbest fucking dark elf anyone has ever seen. Immersion x 20.
Lol. I'll pass for now - leave it for the last week of EQN Beta.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I can see where SOEmote could be fun with people who aren't power adventuring. The thing is, how often when talking to another player are you turning and looking at their face? Right! Probably not very much. If you're a roleplayer hanging out in the Green Dragon, I could see using SOEmote for shits and giggles. If you're a roleplayer in general, I could see using their voice pitch gizmo that can make you sound like an ogre or a gnome. If you don't roleplay and don't socialize much, you're probably never going to use it.

Also, doesn't SOEmote require that you use their voice chat system? In my experience, most guilds end up with their own voice chat servers.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
That will probably be the only time I ever use it unless I feel like being a dumbass again. I was able to check out of using any form of voice so I doubt you'd ever be forced to use it. It's more of an immersion breaker for me because I'm just tempted to walk around making ridiculous faces, but hey, maybe role players will like it. I guess.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can see where SOEmote could be fun with people who aren't power adventuring. The thing is, how often when talking to another player are you turning and looking at their face? Right! Probably not very much. If you're a roleplayer hanging out in the Green Dragon, I could see using SOEmote for shits and giggles. If you're a roleplayer in general, I could see using their voice pitch gizmo that can make you sound like an ogre or a gnome. If you don't roleplay and don't socialize much, you're probably never going to use it.

Also, doesn't SOEmote require that you use their voice chat system? In my experience, most guilds end up with their own voice chat servers.
From watching the goofy promo video for it, in EQ2 they actually show each character's face in the group window, and all the SoEmote animations.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
I'm really interested in how important tradeskills are going to be and the economy is going to overall affect game play. And for the sake of all that's holy I really hope they address gold selling spam. I don't want to have to /ignore 432 different channels. Perhaps EQN will finally get it right that when you ignore a player it's account wide.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm really interested in how important tradeskills are going to be and the economy is going to overall affect game play. And for the sake of all that's holy I really hope they address gold selling spam. I don't want to have to /ignore 432 different channels. Perhaps EQN will finally get it right that when you ignore a player it's account wide.
Uh its f2p? So all those spammers will have tons of accounts and probably make new ones every so often.

Imo just make any kind of zone wide or god forbid if you have a global channel have a decent level requirement. I can live without zone wide chat in the 2-4 zones/areas.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Odds are, crafting will be pretty important to endgame, unless they station ranks of loot as random drops on all mobs of a specific tier. Tier 1 raid bosses can drop any tier 1 raid loot, period. More than likely though, they will probably put lots of crafting shit on things and in the environment so that the baseline is going to be crafted gear, not quested or otherwise. The best in slot will probably be specific drops from specific mobs, but most slots will be full of crafted stuff. Not saying it is fact, but with what they have presented so far it would make the most sense.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Almost need to split this thread into 2 different ones. One for stuff that is actually in game and discussion about it, and another for all the stuff people want or don't want in the game.