EQ Never

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Maybe they will go as far as using DND good/evil/lawful/chaotic in a square shape type alignment system
How dare you mention DND, you heard the devs, "Remember DND? FUCK DND. It's the 90's people, gay, straight, those are just words, stop being so pedantic, we're moving beyond that. We got grails now. Like 4 of them."

misery_sl

shitlord
I can see where SOEmote could be fun with people who aren't power adventuring. The thing is, how often when talking to another player are you turning and looking at their face? Right! Probably not very much. If you're a roleplayer hanging out in the Green Dragon, I could see using SOEmote for shits and giggles. If you're a roleplayer in general, I could see using their voice pitch gizmo that can make you sound like an ogre or a gnome. If you don't roleplay and don't socialize much, you're probably never going to use it.

Also, doesn't SOEmote require that you use their voice chat system? In my experience, most guilds end up with their own voice chat servers.
I think SOEmote will have more influence since this game can be played in first-person. If EQNext ends up supporting the Oculus, and if EQNext nails first person view, then I could see plenty of people using FP as their normal view. If those things come to pass, there should be plenty of opportunities for hilarious face trolling as player characters will be viewable on a much more personal level.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I think SOEmote will have more influence since this game can be played in first-person. If EQNext ends up supporting the Oculus, and if EQNext nails first person view, then I could see plenty of people using FP as their normal view. If those things come to pass, there should be plenty of opportunities for hilarious face trolling as player characters will be viewable on a much more personal level.
How would one use an Oculus and SOEMote at the same time? Glue googly eyes on the front of an Oculus?

misery_sl

shitlord
How would one use an Oculus and SOEMote at the same time? Glue googly eyes on the front of an Oculus?
Well, you wouldn't be able to use it with a Oculus, but you could definitely see other people using it with the Oculus, and in 3 dimensions!

I won't be using Oculus. I'm poor and also I'd probably end up barfing and feeling nauseous after an hour or so of gameplay.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Would be cool if they just had lip synced voices in eqn, then with oculus it would be cool to be looking at characters talking with directional sound etc.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I won't be using either the Oculus, nor SOEmote. 3rd person perspective for pvp situational awareness dawg.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I wish I could say I play in first person but I leave that shit to tight dungeons and the like. I need my field of view.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I won't be using either the Oculus, nor SOEmote. 3rd person perspective for pvp situational awareness dawg.
I'm sure there will be support for third person in EQN with a 3D effect to provide some depth. The shitty Virtual Boy had a game or two with it and the 3DS has some examples.

I'd wager most people still won't use it but I'm going all Matrix on it.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
The thing is with the oculus you can easily look to your left or right to see whats there instantly. Would be an experience for sure and I would leave it to what it would be good for, adventuring and building/pve.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
McPherson tweets confirmed skills level up as you tier up. Tier 5 backstab > tier 4 backstab. Also maybe confirmed Ukerric post.

Not as leveless and trinityless as advertised ?

vGrade

Potato del Grande
Certain as the sun
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme

rrr_img_39922.jpg

rrr_img_39923.jpg

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Did you read her comment how giant shoulder pads, & over sized hands and feet was necessary because voxels?