EQ Never

belfast_sl

shitlord
Ok, so where is the difference to EQN then? They let Landmark run for a long enough time to grab enough player-made structures, cobble them together and release this as EQN with the option to transfer your Landmark avatar over?
Landmark is an MMO-Minecraft and EQN is an actual MMORPG, seems to be the difference.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Big Powah actually has a nice article on the EQN/L reveal today on eqn junkies. But he needs to send some serious UN inspector level letters to SOE to get the SB story up.

@Belfest yeah free to us, not to SOE. It's got to plunk down 30 million to make the game... So 30 million for 2 is a lot better than 30 million for one.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Theoretically, could some super nerd use Landmark and painstakingly remake Norrath so that we could end up with Original EQ with updated graphics and engine? If so that's what someone needs to do.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So are we going to get that combat doc!? lol

I've been thinking about the class system and really hoping you can specialize.. People have alluded to still having a tank, dps, healer without the trinity. I'm hoping you can build those things with some time and effort in game along with some old utility classes. I don't know how the AI will play out or how dungeon crawls will be but using the Monk as an example of how I'd want the class/combat system to play out..

Say you find the Monk class at tier 2 and have the basic monk combat abilities.. You still have to find/quest/whatever for it's specialized abilities. In this case let's just say it's Feign Death. Now you have that basic ability you can use in groups but since it's only at it's basic level, you're not going to fool the AI a whole lot... so you would have to skill it up to make it more efficient. To continue to strengthen the ability you seek out and wear stat based gear like agility. It's a total choice at this point and your time invest pays off. Obviously the highest tier monk will still having pulling issues but way less than someone who just picked up the class. Now spread this idea around to other classes and I think you have players who feel that class interdependence and worth within the game.

You're not always going to have a high tier monk around but you may have a mid tier monk and a mid tier enchanter that could make up for the lack of a high level utility type class giving groups options to mix and match.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Theoretically, could some super nerd use Landmark and painstakingly remake Norrath so that we could end up with Original EQ with updated graphics and engine? If so that's what someone needs to do.
If nerds can remake King's Landing in minecraft, making Atonica at the very least should be easy

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought I read or heard somewhere that the Landmark plots that you claim will have some kind of upkeep attached to them, be it in game or Station Cash who knows.

Ah found it:http://www.eqnexus.com/2013/08/soe-l...dmark-updates/
I highly doubt they would do Station Cash upkeep. EQ2 player housing has had upkeep costs in since day 1. The lower end costs game coin and the higher end is a mix of coin and Status Points (earned via Legendary Quests, Raiding, certain named kills, etc).

rolx_sl

shitlord
The thing I don't understand is why would they make you mine materials before you build stuff for landmark? That just slows down progression by whoever knows how much. If they want us to make max content they can use just let us make stuff without material requirements. When they say this is 45 mins in real time, is that after you already gathered stuff?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Calling it....Not sure if I like this though....

-The Adventure Class is one of the 40 Classes

-Professions wont be a classes but tables and tools. Adventure class will allow you to use the Tables and Tools and its 5 Tiers will unlock better skill with those items.

-Players with the best Tables in the game will have a major advantage and those that share their stuff till need to unlocked its tier base. Meaning your friend with t5 tables wont do you any good if you havent tiered up for it.

-Creatures and Mobs will be harvestable. You will be hunting a mob for what it drops but this time for its mats along with armor/weapon looks as stated before.

-Vendor stalls will be plat/Station Point taxed or sub based to use. Could be wrong. You might have a vendor that works for you as a consignment dealer with other players as a bazaar style static NPC but the items being sold will show on global search with only local pickup.

Really not sure if I like the idea of Blacksmithing, Tinkering, Fletching and etc being a table not a class. If they have those as classes I would be shocked at this point because it would eat up too many of the "40"! If its a tool/table then I can see Butlers point on it being "Magic" cards with pack releases. But on the other hand it fits the model they are doing with everyone can do everything. This would allow non-Gnomes to be able to Tinker, non-Shamans to do Alchemy...etc.

Next month comes tinkering, because we didnt have to finished at EQN release, go now to find its tools and table items to make the new recipe stuff!

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Time Lapse video's of landmark. Not sure if it's been posted. Too many pages!

#1 This is for my BROs

#2 This is for the Hustlers

#3 This is for my Hoes

Word

kudos

<Banned>
Time Lapse video's of landmark. Not sure if it's been posted. Too many pages!

#1 This is for my BROs

#2 This is for the Hustlers

#3 This is for my Hoes

Word
You have to see the irony of all this. The developers have created a platform for their customers to develop a game they are supposed to make. It's genius from a business perspective but I don't understand why anyone would want this to be the future of gaming. It's like going in reverse. I should be pulling a $60k salary (pulled out of my ass) if I'm making content for a video game just like all the other mmo world developers.

This is cheaper than even using some shitty korean game developer. Somehow SOE has figured out an even cheaper way of making games than outsourcing. The most amazing part of all this is that if people say the content sucks.. guess what? YOU CAN ONLY BLAME YOURSELVES LOL!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You have to see the irony of all this. The developers have created a platform for their customers to develop a game they are supposed to make. It's genius from a business perspective but I don't understand why anyone would want this to be the future of gaming. It's like going in reverse. I should be pulling a $60k salary (pulled out of my ass) if I'm making content for a video game just like all the other mmo world developers.
Eh. If the game is popular enough a few people may make decent money (I don't know about 60k but I could see someone making 10-12k off of sales of their stuff) not horrible for part time work.

OTOH, the people will be making stuff for something they want to play, and by participating that something will be finished sooner.

In other words, I don't really care since I'm not going to be making anything but if this system means we get EQN sooner great, if this system means we get EQ3, awesome.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Considering how much of the MMO fanbase spends an unhealthy amount of time discussing how they would build an MMO if they were in charge, I'd say Landmark makes a lot of sense. Letting people channel their inner armchair developer towards something productive in some small way seems like something of a win-win.

kudos

<Banned>
Eh. If the game is popular enough a few people may make decent money (I don't know about 60k but I could see someone making 10-12k off of sales of their stuff) not horrible for part time work.

OTOH, the people will be making stuff for something they want to play, and by participating that something will be finished sooner.

In other words, I don't really care since I'm not going to be making anything but if this system means we get EQN sooner great, if this system means we get EQ3, awesome.
My point with the $60k salary was that if I'm going to develop your game for you AND it's good enough to be put into your main game then I want to be paid as much as a normal developer. I don't actually know what they make but with the price games cost to make these days I'm sure it's some bullshit inflated salary like $60k.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is cheaper than even using some shitty korean game developer. Somehow SOE has figured out an even cheaper way of making games than outsourcing. The most amazing part of all this is that if people say the content sucks.. guess what? YOU CAN ONLY BLAME YOURSELVES LOL!
I half agree. Part of me thinks this is setting a bad precedent, the other part thinks that if Sony makes the AI, classes, combat, animations and lots of the content then i'm all for trying this approach.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
There is huge difference between what SoE is saying.. Which is "if you build something exceptionally awesome, cool and better than what we have, we MAY put it in the game", and the stuff you are pulling out of your ass which is "LOL make our game noobs!"

They have dozens of people on staff, who do this erry day, all day. They get paid to do it professionally.. and they are really good at it. They aren't sitting around eating Oreos.

They are looking for users to replace what they already have or augment what it is there.

Jesus.. Some of you people just straight make shit up in your own heads and convince yourselves it's fact.