EQ Never

wizardsz_sl

shitlord
More like Dragons like big caves so when Nagafen is dead, another dragon might take his place (since here is this nice big empty cave) or something else might fill up the cave (a bunch of slimes? whatever)

From the interview there are no more raiding X named mob raids. You can go with your group to kil Y type of mob raid. (Let's go find a dragon to kill, but you won't be able to kill and re-kill Nagafen).
This sounds amazing actually....just hope when a guild kill X epic mob...they get some kind of trophy or the whole guild gets a [killed x dragon] on their characters so even more quests/tiers area available to them.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
SoE has managed to confuse a lot of people lol. I don't know if its intentional but it's almost as if they are having a hard time explaining thier vision.
Just tweeted about this. They're making it hard enough for people following to separate EQNL from EQN. The wider audience that they're trying to capture is already confused as shit.

There's still a long way until launch, but SOE better start delivering a clearer message soon.

wizardsz_sl

shitlord
Really pretty much everybody bitches about leveling up to get to the "end game" in MMO probably a good way to do it just start everybody off with a basic level of stuff that can hold their own. Nice if they allow PVP as well because instead of dunking kittens like PVP normally allows with high levels bottom feeding off people who cannot possibly defend themselves everybody should at least have some reasonable shot to defend themselves. They may not win depending how much difference gearing makes but they are at least capable of being a threat especially if they have some friends around. A system like this could make PVP realms a whole lot more fun and healthy.
I can already picture it....people loggin in day 80 of the game...and guilds recruiting right at the starting point to help with the rallying call .. :X Good thing: This will engage any newbie to EQNEXT, people will not evade newbies like in other games.

What i like the most about all this whole new MMORPG....is that it will be a whole new MMORPG literally, Ill feel like a noob again right after i log on...its a whole new system so that NEWB feeling we had with Everquest in 1998, will be back.

wizardsz_sl

shitlord
Just tweeted about this. They're making it hard enough for people following to separate EQNL from EQN. The wider audience that they're trying to capture is already confused as shit.

There's still a long way until launch, but SOE better start delivering a clearer message soon.
I think what they are trying to make is...Promo EQN-L right now for this year....Landmark will get huuuuuuge numbers because of minecraft followers plus mmorpg and eq fans. With Landmark working and with million of players on it they will promote EQN, give news inside the game, and eventually BETA TEST it...maybe in one continent beta test EQN on EQNL... Well they already said they will implement combat and pvp...so i can see it coming.

Nadili_sl

shitlord

I think the focus is going to be on EQNL until release at that point people will get to see more of what could be fleshed out in EQN. The devs will be able to give an actual voice to what EQN is and what the similarities are with both games and how each is a separate entity.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I think the focus is going to be on EQNL until release at that point people will get to see more of what could be fleshed out in EQN. The devs will be able to give an actual voice to what EQN is and what the similarities are with both games and how each is a separate entity.
Exactly! One reason they are having problems explaining themselves is how early they are in this process with EQN. Another is just how different it will be than anything else out there. No static mobs?! Awesome! They are truly trying to make the best hook I've ever seen. Do you want to be part of the founding of Halas? The killing of Nagafen? The rebuild of Norrath? Join early, stay involved, and you will be a part of all of this with RCs. Nagafen will be a RC almost guaranteed. No way they want to limit such an event at all. Nagafen SHOULD be an RC. This game will be magnificent if they pull it off and until Timmy takes over.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Seems like it, you gotta wonder what the hell have they been doing these last 2 years? It seems like right now everything is just concept.
Dude... Landmark is releasing this winter... Wtf are you talking about?

As for EQN... how long do you think AAA MMORPGs take to develop? How about one with as many new systems as EQN? Even basic-as-fuck WoW was in development for 5 years. Rift, 5 years... SWTOR, 5 years... I'm sure more research will reveal similar trends. How long has the current incarnation of EQN been going? 2 maybe 3? I'd say they're right on schedule.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
New round table poll up. A real hard hitting question.

Should friends lists be account-based or character-based?

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
Seems like it, you gotta wonder what the hell have they been doing these last 2 years? It seems like right now everything is just concept.
2-3 years ago Minecraft, Terraria, Voxels, Storybricks, Mobas, Forgelight and other stuff that EQN wants to bring together were still fairly new.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Tough call. Sometimes I like playing an alt and being antisocial, but account based would foil all but the most dedicated of manginas.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dude... Landmark is releasing this winter... Wtf are you talking about?

As for EQN... how long do you think AAA MMORPGs take to develop? How about one with as many new systems as EQN? Even basic-as-fuck WoW was in development for 5 years. Rift, 5 years... SWTOR, 5 years... I'm sure more research will reveal similar trends. How long has the current incarnation of EQN been going? 2 maybe 3? I'd say they're right on schedule.
WHat I am talking about is the fact that they keep showing the same combat for EQN with the same characters. In two years you would think they could come up with more than a few videos of the same 2 race/class combos doing stuff. For landmark you are correct, they are well on pace for that. I guess I should have been more specific and just criticized EQN's development, so then yeah EQN seems lacking.

Bruman

Golden Squire
WHat I am talking about is the fact that they keep showing the same combat for EQN with the same characters. In two years you would think they could come up with more than a few videos of the same 2 race/class combos doing stuff. For landmark you are correct, they are well on pace for that. I guess I should have been more specific and just criticized EQN's development, so then yeah EQN seems lacking.
Dude, didn't you read the combat doc? They've put TONS into it!

Landmark is so the key for them and its not like that shit was just pushed out in a month. If they really developed a consumer version of thier dev tools and the tools are good we could be in for some really good shit. Your going to have thousands of people making literally everything you can imagine. Your gonna have people who probably do not even give a shit about MMO's using it just to make cool stuff and trying to make a few bucks. I honestly can not wait to see some of the stuff people come up with. I am not talking just a castle or shit for a house but whole areas.

I think the reason we do not have tons of hard info on EQN is because they are putting everything they got in EQL as that will be their golden goose. The player made content really will make the game pop. I mean content generation has always been the achilles heel so if EQL really does and lets you do what they say then all that content flowing in that they just have to tweak will free up a shitload of dev time.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, and it seems from what I saw of the presentation and on that dudes voxel site, the shit is super powerful and ultra easy to use. He also gave props to the SoE team in integrating his voxel engine with their tools, so well see.

There is tons of people out there that are ultra talented in making content too. Just not in the gaming industry. Some of the best content and ideas come from amateurs.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know i want to remake Karnors or seb, thats my goal. Then just design some cool shit for buildings etc.

Im afraid of EQL to be honest. If its easy to use I can invision a year of gaining weight and a pissed off girlfriend. That shits addictive once you get into it.