EQ Never

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So does this mean that people who want EQ1 HD will be able to have some fun in EQN:L once someone recreates EQ Classic zones?

Meatus_sl

shitlord
I know I?ll be trying the landmark thing out when it?s done. Even if it turns out to be total shit.
No one afraid that alot of the "good" things you can use in landmark will have to be bought as extra for
some coins?

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
So does this mean that people who want EQ1 HD will be able to have some fun in EQN:L once someone recreates EQ Classic zones?
I think so yes, but we wont be able to populate our own zones. At least, they haven't said if we can do this yet. I would like to see them let us put in say tribal pieces so that certain races are drawn to areas of our designed dungeons.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
https://www.everquestnext.com/round-table

There's a new poll up, in case anyone missed it. It's something almost as critical as death penalties or multi-classing limitations:

"Should friends lists be account-based or character-based?"
At least that's an honest question. The main parts of the game will be made the way they want it. This is just a fluff question. Developers usually don't ask those questions anyways. They promote their choice and the reasoning behind it. That's it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So they're really putting the same presentation of EQ:N out there every single day?
Eh, the Georgeson interview was pretty meaty so I'm giving them a pass for repeating the presentation. I'd like to see one or two more similiar interviews come out of Gamescom.

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think so yes, but we wont be able to populate our own zones. At least, they haven't said if we can do this yet. I would like to see them let us put in say tribal pieces so that certain races are drawn to areas of our designed dungeons.
I know they haven't said if there are NPCs or not in Landmark, but what would be the purpose of the Adventurer class and other EQN mechanics within the game if there weren't? Doesn't add up. Really confusing to me.

Minecraft has NPCs.

Anyways, here's hoping.

No one afraid that alot of the "good" things you can use in landmark will have to be bought as extra for
some coins?
I would be shocked if they brought the coins in to much. We will essentially be free labor for them building stuff so I would think they would want to make that as easy as possible. Could be wrong but thats my thought.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Eventually, you'll be able to populate your own zones within limits - that's the ultimate goal of EQN/L. Make your own mini-MMORPG/MOBA.

The question is what are those limits? You have to buy mobs/NPC from PlayerStudio/StationStore? Are classes limited to what is in EQN or will you be able to recreate EQ1 classes? Same thing with combat? Limited to EQN or can you much with SB to recreate hate table combat? Etc.

My gut tells me you'll be limited to whatever is done in EQN. So a dedicated group could recreate the map of Norrath in EQN/L but you're limited to whatever mobs are in EQN and the class/combat system of EQN.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im gonna start work right away on a penis shaped tower of frozen shadow and a pussy shaped entrance to Crypt of Dalnir that's hidden by some bush.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I know I?ll be trying the landmark thing out when it?s done. Even if it turns out to be total shit.
some coins?
Yes, I think they'll eventually end up selling mob types for Station Cash for EQN/L player built dungeons.. You want to create a dungeon with an orc - it's free, with a dragon - cough up 500 station cash.

See Im not so sure about that Tad. I would agree but they are splitting the cash with the creator so when mkopec creates penis shaped tower of frozen shadow and a pussy shaped entrance to Crypt of Dalnir SOE is getting half that dough mkopec sold it for. They might charge for some things but I cant see it being much if at all. You could be right though so who knows.-

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Hmm so we're all starting in the same city, as the same class.

Warrior?
Umm...he's saying we start off the game with access to one class (out of the previously mentioned list of eight classes we'll be presented with at character creation), and then go out and find more classes out in the world. No mention of everyone starting the game as the same class.

And they didn't actually mention cities in that video at all.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
Umm...he's saying we start off the game with access to one class (out of the previously mentioned list of eight classes we'll be presented with at character creation), and then go out and find more classes out in the world. No mention of everyone starting the game as the same class.

And they didn't actually mention cities in that video at all.
Ah you're probably right. It was the way he said it that immediately gave me the impression we were all starting out as the same thing. I think that had also been floated out there previously, but obviously there's no confirmation anywhere.

Everything is speculation at this point.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Hmm so we're all starting in the same city, as the same class.

Warrior?
Selling shortcuts? Hmm
frown.png

Nadili_sl

shitlord
Dude... Landmark is releasing this winter... Wtf are you talking about?

As for EQN... how long do you think AAA MMORPGs take to develop? How about one with as many new systems as EQN? Even basic-as-fuck WoW was in development for 5 years. Rift, 5 years... SWTOR, 5 years... I'm sure more research will reveal similar trends. How long has the current incarnation of EQN been going? 2 maybe 3? I'd say they're right on schedule.
Irony is Rift also has a reboot taking the open system of everyone doing everything when it was Heroes of Telara and breaking that down into callings. Think it was a 3 year cycle after the reboot so I would say EQN is doing just fine if you could compare the two.