EQ Never

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm curious/serious question:

If the naysayers are right, and EQN turns out to be a bust how many people are going to throw in the towel on new MMOs?

I think I'll focus on EQMac/VG or reading books for the next five+ years (if not longer) and tune out on anything new for a while if EQN releases and bombs (can't hold my interest for even six months).
I mostly ignore the entire industry now, and books take up a lot of that time. The games are that bad.

My real hope is we get a pirated version of Landmark and make EQ3 ourselves for our servers.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Ideally I will be there so we can all get drunk and post nudes on twitter.
The only nude worth posting would be the kinda hot girl from mmorpg and she's probably not coming back. Maybe we can get her to post a selfie in the PGT? Anyone get her name?

tad10

Elisha Dushku
creeper mode, activate!
lol. A decent amount of hot girls in Vegas, not so many going to SOELive... So the very, very few that did stuck out.

Well here's hoping SOE can pull off something, but like Convo said I wish they'd stuck just a little closer to home.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Point being, that they're not managing community hype well. They dropped the ball at the reveal, and now they're letting it fester. They would have been better served to display some new landscape screenshots to dispel the "shitty cartoon graphics" sentiment, and some sort of combat explanation to skeptics of the new system. 3D printed Kobold? Come on, man.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Point being, that they're not managing community hype well. They dropped the ball at the reveal, and now they're letting it fester. They would have been better served to display some new landscape screenshots to dispel the "shitty cartoon graphics" sentiment, and some sort of combat explanation to skeptics of the new system. 3D printed Kobold? Come on, man.
The game isatleastone year away, at the absolute earliest. Does hype right now really fucking matter that much?

Again, if the game is good - whatever happens right now won't matter at all. People are dying for a good MMO to play.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
honestly as i see it right now, SOE are competing with themselves, there is nothing that has the potential to do anything remotely similar to EQN before EQN hits the mass market. As there game shapes up it either shows that they have something special on their hands or something worthless. The hype good or bad doesn't matter, they just need people talking about it and constantly wanting to know more regardless of their attitude.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
The game isatleastone year away, at the absolute earliest. Does hype right now really fucking matter that much?

Again, if the game is good - whatever happens right now won't matter at all. People are dying for a good MMO to play.
It absolutely does, followup during the week following any sort of proposal is critical.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord

SOE is in an interesting position at this point for marketing. I agree EQN is at least a year away, but Landmark is much, much closer. Do you hype up EQN to try and give Landmark more attention? I would wager that most people who play Landmark will play EQN, even if they have dropped Landmark by the time EQN is released. Plus, people like me probably wouldn't ever play something like Landmark, unless that something is a predecessor to EQN.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Thats pretty much how Im looking at all this banter. A lot of the stuff they are talking about is pretty cool. If it pans out, great! If not... well.. sucks to suck, brah.

The cartoon graphics wont be a big deal to me as long as I never feel like Im playing a game for kids. I played the hell out of Minecraft and we all know how great some of the stuff people built in that game can look!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
if this game is good i will play it. too bad i already decided it is awful. case closed. i'd rather play eq3, i mean vanguard.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
I think the problem is that a lot of folks thought that SOE reveal was going to be the game in a late alpha stage. What we got is a tech demo from early alpha and a lot of unanswered questions, simply because development isn't as far along as we thought it was.

Combine that with the fact that we didn't get an actual combat demo, or a questing demo (which, lets face it, is the game content), and I can understand the community freaking out a bit.